Vikings Select Ed Ingram, Guard, LSU at # 59

gopherwrestler

2.59 Ed Ingram 

3.67 Joshua Ezeudu 

3.90 Dylan Parham 

3.92 Sean Rhyan

3.104 Logan Bruss

These are the iOL who's careers I will comparing to Ingram to see if the Vikings made the correct call. Again, sort of a guard run here, Vikings correctly identified it and got out in front and chose the 2nd player in that run (Goedeke went 2.57). Just like with Asamoah and with Evans, they dictated who they wanted. We'll see if they were correct or not.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It's weird that he's not signed yet. Did someone drafted near him get more guaranteed money than they were slotted for?

I believe it was something odd like that that had caused him not to sign, but I don't remember exactly what it was.  It's the same reason that Andrew Booth has yet to sign, who is the only one remaining now.

On 5/3/2022 at 12:52 PM, battle2heaven said:

2.59 Ed Ingram 

3.67 Joshua Ezeudu 

3.90 Dylan Parham 

3.92 Sean Rhyan

3.104 Logan Bruss

These are the iOL who's careers I will comparing to Ingram to see if the Vikings made the correct call. Again, sort of a guard run here, Vikings correctly identified it and got out in front and chose the 2nd player in that run (Goedeke went 2.57). Just like with Asamoah and with Evans, they dictated who they wanted. We'll see if they were correct or not.

There is a big list of guys they could have taken with that 2nd round pick.

Cam Taylor-Britt
Luke Fortner
Nik Bonitto 
Nicholas Petit-Frere
Chad Muma
Abraham Lucas
Jelani Woods
Desmond Ridder
Travis Jones
Bernhard Raimann
Nakobe Dean
Malik Willis
Sean Rhyan

Sean Rhyan I would not be shocked if they move Jenkins back to guard and Rhyan becomes their RT, it is possible or the dude could be a standout OG or take the spot of Newman at the other OG spot.

Will be interesting on Ingram does for sure.  They either knocked it out of the park with that 2nd round or they totally blew it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Glad to see a rookie pull along the OL but still hard to get excited about Ingram on this team. Seems the last regime was far too hesitant in letting a rookie supplant a veteran along the OL. 

I think a lot of that had to do with the rookies but being as good as expected

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I feel like he could of played that a little better, at 3 seconds after he made his initial contact he could of turned right towards the hole, helped out a bit on blocking down field, couldnt he of? Looks like he could of blocked DeVondre Campbell.

• Like 1