Rd 3 Pick 99 David Bell, WR Purdue Discussion Thread

Bucketheadsdad

41 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Horrific measurable.  Also, led the entire draft class in receiving yards between 2019-2021. 

I get why we took him.  Also, has to show he can get open against NFL corners.

Wow, he really is Jarvis Landry. I think Jarvis had one of the lowest RAS scores for an NFL player (ever).

• Like 1

David Bell will be a fan favorite, but I don’t really like his fit opposite Cooper. He will not draw doubles, regardless of how good he is. We needed a guy opposite Cooper that required a safety to play over the top at all times. Bell will be good for us, but I question his fit as the starter opposite Cooper. 

2 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Wow, he really is Jarvis Landry. I think Jarvis had one of the lowest RAS scores for an NFL player (ever).

Athletically he’s slightly more explosive than Jarvis was with similar strengths (productive, hands, etc)

Robert Woods is another very close comp I’ve seen 

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

David Bell will be a fan favorite, but I don’t really like his fit opposite Cooper. He will not draw doubles, regardless of how good he is. We needed a guy opposite Cooper that required a safety to play over the top at all times. Bell will be good for us, but I question his fit as the starter opposite Cooper. 

I think the only guy that fits that description that we even had a shot at was Pickens and it sounds like he was never an option for us with some of his red flags. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the only guy that fits that description that we even had a shot at was Pickens and it sounds like he was never an option for us with some of his red flags. 

Alec Pierce was the guy I wanted us to get. Legit speed and size. I also liked Metchie a lot, but similar to Bell, he wasn’t a dude to draw doubles either.

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

Alec Pierce was the guy I wanted us to get. Legit speed and size. I also liked Metchie a lot, but similar to Bell, he wasn’t a dude to draw doubles either.

Yeah he’s a physical specimen for sure.  Not sure he’s gonna be the missing piece to an offense though. 

Like, we all have preferences and that’s cool, but presences aside I’m not seeing anything bad with their plan. 

Right now people are assed up that we traded back and didn’t select the brand name “sure thing” at 44.  Ok.  I get it I guess.  

Honestly if we stayed at 44 I think we still take a corner in Booth.  Kwesi jumped us and we moved back. 🤷‍♂️