NFL Draft Day 3 GDT- y'all got any more of those RBs?

Forge

The 49ers didn’t have any “gold helmet” players this season.

That’s the highest designation the 49ers give a prospect and means that he’s exemplary in a number of areas, including performance, leadership and intelligence. In a typical draft, the 49ers might give 15 to 20 prospects a gold helmet designation.

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

That’s the highest designation the 49ers give a prospect and means that he’s exemplary in a number of areas, including performance, leadership and intelligence. In a typical draft, the 49ers might give 15 to 20 prospects a gold helmet designation.

Might be a reason why it feels we went with more upside guys over established players. Like we don't have many limited ceiling guys like a McKivitz.

Edited by Justone2

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Do you remember the Gold Helmets that we have drafted before?  It feels like Solomon Thomas was one, I am sure Nick Bosa was one.  I seem to recall that that we did get one or two in the later rounds but it would be nice to go back and evaluate players that we drafted that our FO has given this distinction.  

16 minutes ago, burlow said:

Do you remember the Gold Helmets that we have drafted before?  It feels like Solomon Thomas was one, I am sure Nick Bosa was one.  I seem to recall that that we did get one or two in the later rounds but it would be nice to go back and evaluate players that we drafted that our FO has given this distinction.  

Trey Lance and Colton McKivitz I believe were two more. 

2 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Might be a reason why it feels we went with more upside guys over established players. Like we don't have many limited ceiling guys like a McKivitz.

Yeah, I'm very glad that there are no McKivitzes or Skules in this draft. Those never made sense to me. They always seemed like camp and reserve bodies you could pick up as UDFAs or on the veteran minimum with absolutely no upside.

9 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Would 'eligible' be the word you are looking for?

Hey, I don't discriminate about football players whose names can't be read! You say "Poe", I see "fjhdsjifh"...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Why would they say that publicly... just say they got ONE gold helmet in this draft, and let everyone guess who it is, and the players drafted themselves think they have been it...

• Like 1