Black Friday Thread

devils1854

On 21/11/2017 at 4:40 PM, iPwn said:

If it was a scam, why would they offer to match pricing if it does go lower? Wouldn’t the end game be to get people to buy it at a pretend low price and then point and laugh when it goes lower?

Because they are gambling on the fact that 90% if people aren't resourceful enough to check afterwards. 

Again, it's fine for people who are wise to this, but so many people aren't and just trust what they see. 

6 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Because they are gambling on the fact that 90% if people aren't resourceful enough to check afterwards. 

Again, it's fine for people who are wise to this, but so many people aren't and just trust what they see. 

exactly right. as a builder, i bought 16 homes' worth of appliances once from an outlet who gave me a good price obviously but also said i could save an additional 10% with a mail in rebate to the manufacturer. i asked him if the manufacturer was willing to knock off 10% why not just do it at the point of the sale?

he told me less than 30% of the consumers take the time to mail the rebate in and ask for it. so the manufacturer in effect is only losing 3% on the overall purchases, not 10%.

3 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Do you know if that would work for a Nintendo Switch?

I went back and looked at the card on Amazon.  There's a section for most products where people ask questions and someone asked that exact question.  Here are copy and pasted answers from three people.

• The Nintendo Switch has a capacity for a micro SD up to 2 TB (Terabytes)
    any card of a smaller capacity would work just fine.

• The Nintendo Switch has a capacity for a micro SD card up to 256 GB. The 128 GB and smaller will work as well.

• Yes. All storage sizes (32, 64, 128, 256) of this card will work on the Nintendo Switch.

Bought a iRobot or whatever its called this morning on Amazon. It was for $139, so I think it was a pretty dang good deal. Thats my last gift for my parents.

Also, got myself some new bluetooth headphones(15.99) and a small bluetooth wireless speaker for my desk as work(25.99).

I am like 95% done on all my shopping this year. Its 8:40 right now and I might head down to Target or Walmart since the crowds are gone, and just see whats leftover. Might buy a PS4 game or something.

21 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Says 79 for me :(

That's weird it says that for me now too... The sale was suppose to go until midnight. Maybe they ran out of the current stock? Odd for sure.

Edit:

Yeah they sold out, if you click on "more sellers" you can see the 49.99 deal and it says sold out.

18 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Says 79 for me :(

They have this one for 49.99 too... I'm not positive but I think the only difference is the other one is water proof, shock proof, magnet proof, etc... And this one isn't. As far as I can tell by the description anyway that seems to be the only thing different.

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16820173362

On 11/23/2017 at 8:40 PM, devils1854 said:

Bought a iRobot or whatever its called this morning on Amazon. It was for $139, so I think it was a pretty dang good deal. Thats my last gift for my parents.

Also, got myself some new bluetooth headphones(15.99) and a small bluetooth wireless speaker for my desk as work(25.99).

I am like 95% done on all my shopping this year. Its 8:40 right now and I might head down to Target or Walmart since the crowds are gone, and just see whats leftover. Might buy a PS4 game or something.

Roombas are the best. As someone that hates vacuuming, I love pushing the button and then doing something else and it being done. I tried to get my parents to get one. But they never could understand that it works so well despite "moving around randomly". So they still do it by hand. I'm surprised they don't wash dishes by hand.

Archived