Black Friday Thread

devils1854

Black Friday is hardly even on Friday anymore. Everybody just goes on Thanksgiving. 

I collect movies so that's basically what I shop for every year. The last couple years I've gone to Wal-Mart early Friday morning probably around 8 a.m. and the place has been dead because everybody was there the night before.

17 hours ago, RamRod said:

Black Friday is hardly even on Friday anymore. Everybody just goes on Thanksgiving. 

I collect movies so that's basically what I shop for every year. The last couple years I've gone to Wal-Mart early Friday morning probably around 8 a.m. and the place has been dead because everybody was there the night before.

Parents came up to Nashville last year for Thanksgiving. I think Walmart opened at 6? We showed up around 7:30 and most of the crowds were gone and I still got what I wanted. Got a tv for my bedroom, a vacuum cleaner, and I think I bought a movie or two.

Will probably do the same thing this year.

** Warning: old guy rant

I absolutely hate Black Friday, it ruins everything that's great about Thanksgiving. No longer does everyone sit around stuffing themselves on wonderful food and sipping on 3 fingers of good booze, they have to plan their outing to some crappy chain store to save 6% on some crap they don't actually need.

Enjoy the extra $9 you saved by encouraging stores to continue to invade their employees holiday and family time so you can shop at 2am.

That felt good, I'm done.

On 11/11/2017 at 8:39 PM, devils1854 said:

Sales are starting to come out from some stores.

https://weeklyad.target.com/promotions?code=Target-20171107&lnk=Wejustcouldntwa&page=14

Right now Im thinking a Rhumba(?) for my parents. A new laptop for myself, and maybe a new bluetooth speaker. How are JGL?

Save yourself the trouble and just go on amazon. You can get a very good ECOVACS DEEBOT N79 (Amazon's top seller) for $199 right now. I just bought one few months ago and love it. It's a better deal than you'll find on Black Friday.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Do Macbook Pros ever go on sale from Apple?

Not sure.  Most (if not all) Black Friday ads are now out; I would check Walmart, Best Buy, etc.  Also, check with Amazon Thanksgiving evening and on Black Friday to see if you can snag a deal from them.

On 11/12/2017 at 11:35 PM, MrDrew said:

I do go out, but I wait for 30-1hr after doors open. I just grab little stuff that people aren't fighting over, like movies and games. 

It depends on how much Ive been drinking. I do like to drink during the day and then go watch people fight over stuff.

Last year I was with my family and we went to walmart about a hour and a half after they opened. There wasnt really anything I wanted, but all the major items that were being advertised were still available. No need to stand in line and wait. Ended up getting a tv for my bedroom.

Archived