Round 7 Pick 228; Tariq Carpenter, S Georgia Tech

Packerraymond

On 4/30/2022 at 5:43 PM, Packerraymond said:

A player who will tackle the other teams player on special teams in hopes that we suck less.

And no matter how good he is we will have @packfanfb and his 'sign every washed-up player' gang calling to have him replaced on the roster because he would not hold up on defense if ever forced to play.  

54 minutes ago, R T said:

And no matter how good he is we will have @packfanfb and his 'sign every washed-up player' gang calling to have him replaced on the roster because he would not hold up on defense if ever forced to play.  

I'm fine with guys like Carpenter and Nixon on the backend of the roster for STs. 

However, I still we are 1-2 "washed up" vets away from having a complete roster, especially at DB and TE (depending on Tonyan's status). WR and EDGE aren't as big as needs but an impact player could still be in play at either position. 

At DB, I'd love to resign King because he knows the defense and can play boundary CB or the dime S spot. Not sure what's out there at TE but a guy who wouldn't be a terrible stop gap would be Jared Cook as a pass catching TE. He's 35 but was still decent last season in LA. 

29 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm fine with guys like Carpenter and Nixon on the backend of the roster for STs. 

However, I still we are 1-2 "washed up" vets away from having a complete roster, especially at DB and TE (depending on Tonyan's status). WR and EDGE aren't as big as needs but an impact player could still be in play at either position. 

At DB, I'd love to resign King because he knows the defense and can play boundary CB or the dime S spot. Not sure what's out there at TE but a guy who wouldn't be a terrible stop gap would be Jared Cook as a pass catching TE. He's 35 but was still decent last season in LA. 

I think we need a slot more than bringing back King. We have three guys that can play outside--probably only one that can play slot (Jaire) and I don't know if I want him playing there.

Just now, TheEagle said:

I think we need a slot more than bringing back King. We have three guys that can play outside--probably only one that can play slot (Jaire) and I don't know if I want him playing there.

That depends how they feel about Shemar. Will he take a 2nd year jump?

On 4/30/2022 at 10:36 PM, MuFF said:

Although Gute was non-comittal, LaFleur basically committed to Tariq playing LB for GB, not safety.

That is interesting because he is listed as a safety on their website, not that it probably really matters what they list him as though.  

19 minutes ago, R T said:

That is interesting because he is listed as a safety on their website, not that it probably really matters what they list him as though.  

I always assumed the guy who puts those together is the same guy who brings everyone their coffee.

• Like 4

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Horrible leader 

Can't read a defense. He's still going to try to throw to Adams who's thousands of miles away. I doubt he has the arm for that. 

Or maybe he'll throw it away on 4th down more often.