The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast

Acgott

29 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

It's why things like Armor Wars have been in limbo for forever, that was announced when it was brought up as an idea, not when there was any sort of plan in place.

Armor Wars could be a great storyline (TV series would be better) in a post-Tony Stark world except for the fact that Rhodey couldn't carry such a thing.  Esp not after what happened with him in Secret Invasion.  Maybe if Nick Fury returned to Earth and reestablished SHIELD and they featured Hawkeye, and a few other former Avengers who are a legit draw it could work.

52 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Expect that change to happen, Bob Chapek was a money/numbers guy who took over for Bob Iger so he was ramp ramp ramp, announce new projects, announce new projects, that is not what Marvel was doing before him and they'll likely pull back on that now. Fiege doesn't like to announce a project until all the ducks are in a row and there is a solid story in place. It's why things like Armor Wars have been in limbo for forever, that was announced when it was brought up as an idea, not when there was any sort of plan in place.

In Iron Man 1 they were writing the script while they were filming. Feige has always winged it and meddled in post. He's simply lost his touch.

New Dates

• Deadpool 3 - July 26, 2024
  • Captain America: Brave New World - February 14, 2025
  • Thunderbolts - July 25, 2025
  • Blade - November 7, 2025

Deadpool is starting back up in the next two weeks.

Cap reportedly is going into reshoots, with it being shot…some thought it’d move up to May next year.

Blade is getting a brand new script from the Logan writer.

No word yet on Fantastic 4 and it’s May 2025 date, but id suspect now that everyone can sign deals now we’ll hear who the cast is and get an official date sometime soon. Vanessa Kirby, Ebon Moss-Bachrach seem to be Sue and Ben. That’s stayed consistent. Joseph Quinn was the last reported Johnny name, and the rumors are murky as ever on who is Reed.

Saw The Marvels. All I'll say is that it's definitely not as bad as the initial takes online would lead many to believe. I expected the shoe to drop during the film 20 to 30 minutes in, and have a similar distaste as I did for the likes of Thor 2, Thor 4, Ant Man 2, or Black Widow. That never happened, and it wasn't hard to get through. There were some issues with the movie, but nothing that completely nuked my attention. If anything it just seems paint-by-numbers. In the pantheon of MCU films, this one treads water at unremarkably average. But definitely not "bad/terrible/disaster". Been there, seen that with the MCU. Stay for the mid-credits scene. Was pretty cool. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

10 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Saw The Marvels. All I'll say is that it's definitely not as bad as the initial takes online would lead many to believe. I expected the shoe to drop during the film 20 to 30 minutes in, and have a similar distaste as I did for the likes of Thor 2, Thor 4, Ant Man 2, or Black Widow. That never happened, and it wasn't hard to get through. There were some issues with the movie, but nothing that completely nuked my attention. If anything it just seems paint-by-numbers. In the pantheon of MCU films, this one treads water at unremarkably average. But definitely not "bad/terrible/disaster". Been there, seen that with the MCU. Stay for the mid-credits scene. Was pretty cool. 

It seems like the consensus thoughts are:

Miss Marvel is great.

Main trio have chemistry.

It's generic. To those that liked it, that means fun. To those that didn't, that means boring.

It's extremely messy story wise.

Villain is awful.

3 hours ago, Mox said:

It seems like the consensus thoughts are:

Miss Marvel is great.

Main trio have chemistry.

It's generic. To those that liked it, that means fun. To those that didn't, that means boring.

It's extremely messy story wise.

Villain is awful.

To me the story was pretty cookie-cutter instead of messy. There are great ideas in place. It's just that they are never pushed. The 1 hour 1/2 running time doesn't help that. Carol is definitely not as bland as she was in Captain Marvel movie 1. 

Trio chemistry was ok, but Ms. Marvel actress Iman Vellani shines brightest. 

Dar-Benn, the villain, is very one-note, but the potential was there. Her motivation just wasn't pushed enough. The actress Zawe Ashton was really into the role though. 

Disney+ series Secret Invasion is irrelevant here, which might be a good thing. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

To me the story was pretty cookie-cutter instead of messy. There are great ideas in place. It's just that they are never pushed. The 1 hour 1/2 running time doesn't help that. Carol is definitely not as bland as she was in Captain Marvel movie 1. 

Trio chemistry was ok, but Ms. Marvel actress Iman Vellani shines brightest. 

Dar-Benn, the villain, is very one-note, but the potential was there. Her motivation just wasn't pushed enough. The actress Zawe Ashton was really into the role though. 

Disney+ series Secret Invasion is irrelevant here, which might be a good thing. 

yeah messy wasn't how i'd describe it at all, actually was really straight forward and everyone's motivations made sense. Just needed a little more time to explore that all.

That said it's better to leave more than overdue it, for what it was the shorter runtime made sense. Not everything needs 2.5 hour+ runtimes.

On 11/6/2023 at 4:03 PM, Kiltman said:

On the topic of TV-MA and R ratings

Blade will officially be R it seems like, as it should be

Yeah, with time, I was more and more open to the possibility of it being dialed-back (and it's not like a PG-13 vampire movie has to totally shy away from the red stuff, which every vampire movie should obviously have), but a vampire hunter movie probably should be R if we're being totally realistic.

It got me thinking: maybe all the delays and writer/director changes was them not deciding on a tone (whether to be directly or remotely tied to the greater MCU and PG-13/R). They might've just said "f**k it" and decided at the last minute not to pull any punches (and I'm glad they did) with the new Spotlight label and they kinda hinted at the R when they announced the <$100 mil budget.

If we get any more delays on this (God forbid), I guess we'll have our answer.

Edited by KManX89

9 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Yeah, with time, I was more and more open to the possibility of it being dialed-back (and it's not like a PG-13 vampire movie has to totally shy away from the red stuff, which every vampire movie should obviously have), but a vampire hunter movie probably should be R if we're being totally realistic.

It got me thinking: maybe all the delays and writer/director changes was them not deciding on a tone (whether to be directly or remotely tied to the greater MCU and PG-13/R). They might've just said "f**k it" and decided at the last minute not to pull any punches (and I'm glad they did) with the new Spotlight label and they kinda hinted at the R when they announced the <$100 mil budget.

If we get any more delays on this (God forbid), I guess we'll have our answer.

I hope it’s good to go now, could see them taking stock of where they’ve been the last couple years and knowing the fans don’t want a watered down Blade if they are doing it. They need some hits, even if it’s not 1.5 billion. Good return on investment and being a good movie should be the way to go now that they are reportedly being a little more chosey with projects.

They are lucky that there is two whole wings of Marvel that fit into the more mature tone that people want. Street level with Daredevil, Punisher, etc for the shows. And the supernatural side with Blade and the rest.

I watched The Marvels on Friday and I had a lot of fun with it. I liked that it was quickly paced and short and everyone's motivations worked well. One thing that surprised me a little bit but that I liked was that they kind of leaned into the bit of woodenness that Brie Larson can have in the role and made that part of who she is and with how Monica and Kamala interact with her. And Kamala was great as I expected. 

And MCU movie rankings post The Marvels:

1 Avengers: Infinity War

2 Avengers: Endgame

3 Thor: Ragnarok

4 Spider-Man: No Way Home

5 Doctor Strange

6 The Avengers

7 Iron Man

8 Guardians of the Galaxy

9 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3

10 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

11 Thor

12 Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

13 Avengers: Age of Ultron

14 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

15 Spider-Man Far From Home

16 The Marvels

17 Spider-Man: Homecoming

18 Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

19 Ant-Man

20 Ant-Man and the Wasp

21 Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

22 Thor: Love and Thunder

23 Black Widow

24 Iron Man 2

25 Iron Man 3

26 Black Panther

27 Captain America: Winter Soldier

28 Captain Marvel

29 Eternals

30 Captain America: The First Avengers

31 Captain America: Civil War

32 Thor: The Dark World

33 The Incredible Hulk

And yes, I know everyone will think Winter Soldier is too low and same with Civil War. I'll admit that I'm weirdly low on Winter Soldier, and I've already laid out why Civil War hits so low for me.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

One thing that surprised me a little bit but that I liked was that they kind of leaned into the bit of woodenness that Brie Larson can have in the role and made that part of who she is and with how Monica and Kamala interact with her. 

Haha this should be interesting.  She is pretty one note in Carol’s appearances despite us knowing how good of an actor Brie can be. When I watch The Mandalorian scenes with Gina Carano or Katie Sackoff, sometimes the acting is so bad that I have to convince myself that the characters are from different planets and they just communicate weirdly lol. 

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast