The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I meant to say one final goodbye to Hugh’s Wolverine, then bring on the next one.

Gotcha

With how fast they are finishing this Saga, seems like Mutants are probably going to be core to what comes after.

Big question would be so they exist in the new MCU timeline post Secret Wars, or are they introduced in Secret Wars?

If it’s the former, then Hugh could do that too. They are gonna need some characters from other realities to sell it. They have the blueprint too from the comics with Old Man Logan being a separate character. Not that I think Hugh is gonna want to do all of that.

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Give it to Stahelski.

Would be a great get for the type of film it should be.

My guess is this is another too many cooks meddling situation. Potentially watering it down to be bigger than it needs to be. Which Stahelski talked about, he want to do it but wants it to be edgy and r-rated. 

They’d do well to use their own blueprint for the supernatural side of the MCU. Let it be R, build it up like you did the OG avengers. Just now with the benefits of having Disney+ to make it easier. Just make a great Blade film and then explore linking them together or having team-ups.

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

They’d do well to use their own blueprint for the supernatural side of the MCU. Let it be R, build it up like you did the OG avengers. Just now with the benefits of having Disney+ to make it easier. Just make a great Blade film and then explore linking them together or having team-ups.

Blade is a fun character but even in the comics, his inclusion with Avengers always felt forced.  Over the years, Marvel has loosely played with vampires but imo he fits better in his own alternate universe.  Not that I expect that to happen in the MCU...

22 hours ago, Acgott said:

It gets crazier:

Script is only 90 pages long? Only 2 action scenes? Major yikes.

Add in all the delays/reshufflings we've had already and I'm starting to grow wary of this, especially with the Phase 4 outings, which have been underwhelming, to put it nicely.

And this was one of the few post-Endgame MCU movies I was actually hyped for, too.

Edited by KManX89

42 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

It gets crazier:

Script is only 90 pages long? Only 2 action scenes? Major yikes.

Add in all the delays/reshufflings we've had already and I'm starting to grow wary of this, especially with the Phase 4 outings, which have been underwhelming, to put it nicely.

And this was one of the few post-Endgame MCU movies I was actually hyped for, too.

When it comes to scripts, one page typically equals one minute. So right now it's sitting at around an hour and a half. That's not terrible. I'd expect Blade's initial film to be longer though.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Feige is getting spread too thin. There are a LOT of shows/movies being made in a short time span. Almost too much iyam. Hell, Avengers: The Kang Dynasty is scheduled to be released in less than 3 years. That's allegedly the culmination of phase 4-6 (their Infinity War/Endgame). Outside of Loki and maybe a blink and you miss it reference, Kang hasn't been involved at all. He's been built up poorly imo and he's just going to get crammed into 2023 and 2024 and we're suppose to treat him like a Thanos level threat. I'm watching, but the magic from the first 3 phases isn't there imo.