The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

5 hours ago, Acgott said:

Like them both, neither is quite what I’d do for the Storms.

7 hours ago, Acgott said:

Been a lot of talk for awhile about pre-surfer Heralds of Galactus showing up.

Maybe he plays The Fallen one? Dark energy/negative zone can easily be tied in together. Maybe Galactus imprisoned him in the negative zone and the F4 going in in the 60s and coming out today sets him free.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Like them both, neither is quite what I’d do for the Storms.

Saw some people say he’ll be a pre-surfer Herald of Galactus

I like Kirby as Sue, but jumping straight to Galactus as the villain before Doom? I'm already scratching my head.

But whatever they do, I have 100% confidence it'll be better than the Fox bastardizations because they were just that bad, especially the 2015 reboot. My God, that was atrocious from top-to-bottom, not a single positive thing I can name. 

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

I like Kirby as Sue, but jumping straight to Galactus as the villain before Doom? I'm already scratching my head.

But whatever they do, I have 100% confidence it'll be better than the Fox bastardizations because they were just that bad, especially the 2015 reboot. My God, that was atrocious from top-to-bottom, not a single positive thing I can name. 

I’ve liked her whenever she pops up in things, can’t say I’ve seen the softness that you’d need for a well rounded Sue…but she would be a solid choice and a lot of that was just the nature of those movies.

If they are actually letting them do weird space / sci-fi stuff like the comics, it’s a good sign. Pulling the same exact move of the first couple of attempts seems to tempt fate a bit. I hope Doom gets the right treatment, he deserves better than being stuck with just the F4. 

Besides, while he’s super powerful, Galactus isn’t like a phase carrying villain. Suspect we get a Dormammu/DS type ending with him. He makes for good universe building or starting domino they can use.

An aside from F4; I really hope they commit to the space stuff, lots of storylines they could adapt or good villains. Would love to see an Annihilation adaptation. 

11 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Any truth behind Sue Storm being team leader of Fan4?

Cause while I havent seen any articles leading that way. Their comic fans are livid.

I think the rumors were that she’s more the lead of the film or the character that they are leading with.

Which honestly makes a lot of sense, F4 is her place to shine. Reed will have larger things going on, I’m sure Johnny will cross over into other stuff. So Sue being the heart of the movie makes sense.

On 8/5/2023 at 6:22 AM, Kiltman said:

I think the rumors were that she’s more the lead of the film or the character that they are leading with.

Which honestly makes a lot of sense, F4 is her place to shine. Reed will have larger things going on, I’m sure Johnny will cross over into other stuff. So Sue being the heart of the movie makes sense.

That would make sense. She is the glue of the group. Would have a larger perspective to share.

Reeds the main reason Im no F4 fan. Thought the original F4 movie did pretty well in depicting him. Never able to pull anything together but the next big idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

That would make sense. She is the glue of the group. Would have a larger perspective to share.

Reeds the main reason Im no F4 fan. Thought the original F4 movie did pretty well in depicting him. Never able to pull anything together but the next big idea.

Definitely the glue, and it’ll be even more the case when the kids come around.

Yeah Reed is a hard nut to crack, I hope they do him well. It’s different but similar in how I hope they are willing to go with Prof X this time. Show the good bad and grey of those guys.

Liked The Maker as a variant, like without the others Reed is on a slippery slope of doing more bad than good.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 5:39 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Cause while I havent seen any articles leading that way. Their comic fans are livid.

Reminds me of this great norm bit

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 3:39 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

The Fantastic 4 are the Cleveland Browns of Marvel Comics- incredible in the 1960's and pretty good in the 80's but haven't done anything since lol.

• Like 4

On 8/5/2023 at 7:38 PM, MikeT14 said:

GotG3 was fantastic. Maybe the best of the series. I never cared much for them at all when I was younger, but I think Gunn nailed the trilogy. Best Marvel movie for me since Endgame or No Way Home. 

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Wow I just watched GOTG3, and holy crap that movie was awesome. Best Marvel anything since Endgame imo.

giphy.gif  

• Like 1