The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

Cool cool

Seemed like they were struggling to find the right people to do it

Wonder if this means Levy was more interested in doing Xmen, since reports were they were interested in getting him to do more

Thread title update is misleading. The article clearly states that they are in the early stages of discussions with Marvel. Hopefully it comes to fruition tho!

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Thread title update is misleading. The article clearly states that they are in the early stages of discussions with Marvel. Hopefully it comes to fruition tho!

I updated it to be clearer

• Like 2

Saw a rumor about what Avengers 5 is

Ill put it in spoiler tags in case anyone wants to be surprised from next weeks Hall H panel.

Spoiler

Avengers 5 would now be Avengers vs X-men 

Which if that’s the case I’d imagine it’d be MCU vs FoxVerse X-men basically forced to fight for their Universe as incursions happen.

Definitely pops way more than Kang would’ve 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Saw a rumor about what Avengers 5 is

Ill put it in spoiler tags in case anyone wants to be surprised from next weeks Hall H panel.

Hide contents

Avengers 5 would now be Avengers vs X-men 

Which if that’s the case I’d imagine it’d be MCU vs FoxVerse X-men basically forced to fight for their Universe as incursions happen.

Definitely pops way more than Kang would’ve 

Now that would bring back the MCU to it's peak... Fans are tired of the 2nd and 3rd tier characters they've been throwing out there.. 

Just now, adamq said:

Now that would bring back the MCU to it's peak... Fans are tired of the 2nd and 3rd tier characters they've been throwing out there.. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/robert-downey-jr-iron-man-marvel-return-1235868651/

Eh the MCU was based on the 2nd tier characters. Let the nobodies shine before they have to go digging up spiderman's corpse for another movie trilogy. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

Dr. Doom news. I'm not sure how I feel about the casting choice. Not that he can't do it. It's just... weird.

Yeah it’s odd, apparently is indeed Victor not a variant 

44 minutes ago, D82 said:

I don't know how I feel about that....

Biggest disappointment of it is 1) RDJ is gonna want to show his face, was hoping for an Actor who was down for donning the mask most of the time 2) Probably not gonna get Doom a lot or at all after two films.

Great actor and interesting to see how he differentiates it from Stark. But definitely a mixed bag of thoughts on it even with it making some level of sense being in the middle of the Multiverse Saga.