14. Black Panther
  15. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  16. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  17. Thor
  18. Iron Man 2
  19. The Incredible Hulk
  20. Thor: The Dark World
  21. Iron Man 3

I liked using that site. Made things easy.

9 hours ago, bootsy said:

LOL, wow very detailed observation. Hey everybody Black Panther's not that good. Case mother****in' closed.9_9

You're allowed to like it a lot, just like we're allowed to not like it as much.  

Personally i like the movie.  There just isn't much to really separate this one from the crowd of other good Marvel movies.

I'm not sure I trust a list that doesnt have Winter Soldier in the Top 5 (and Im being generous there). If you are talking about your favorites, thats fine, no real arguments there for prefrences, but if were talking about Best Films in the MCU, I have a hard time seeing an argument outside the Top 3, definitely not the Top 5.

And seeing these lists, some of you need to take another watch of Iron Man. Everything about that film is so crisp, and everyone was going for it. I even like Paltrow in it, and I dont think I can say that about any other of her performances.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I'm not sure I trust a list that doesnt have Winter Soldier in the Top 5 (and Im being generous there). If you are talking about your favorites, thats fine, no real arguments there for prefrences, but if were talking about Best Films in the MCU, I have a hard time seeing an argument outside the Top 3, definitely not the Top 5.

And seeing these lists, some of you need to take another watch of Iron Man. Everything about that film is so crisp, and everyone was going for it. I even like Paltrow in it, and I dont think I can say that about any other of her performances.

I believe Winter solider was the russo's first mcu film? and it was the first film to use less special effects/cgi? I remember the fighting scenes were out of this world..still is.

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I believe Winter solider was the russo's first mcu film? and it was the first film to use less special effects/cgi? I remember the fighting scenes were out of this world..still is.

From the first bout with Batroc the Leaper... You get GSP, you know youre getting a good fight scene.

They could have done alittle better with Agent 13 (not bad, but its been an MCU problem) but I quite enjoy the Brock Rumlow stuff.

And I still get chills during the opening, from the first "on your left" because its just such an awesome way to set upthat relationship.

Not only did they make a great movie, but they also did a really great job of World Building, and tying it back to The First Avenger which many people dont love. Its the same reason Im higher on Iron Man 2 than most. Sure Whiplash is a garbage Villian, but Justin Hammer and the US Government are actually really great adversaries. (love anything that Sam Rockwell does) and as we push out to Black Widow, truly getting War Machine, some real interaction with Nick Fury and his Avengers initiative... We really get a look at the expanding universe. Just wish we would have gotten the Demon in a Bottle storyline they were actually setting up.

• Like 5

I just finished an MCU marathon so I feel qualified to comment. Ragnarok is easily the most overrated film in the MCU, followed by Ultron. Upon second viewing when the humor falls a little flatter it really hits you how unimportant everything feels. Every moment of tension is undercut by something jokey. Trade Iron Man for it and move up Avengers and the list looks a lot better.

Here is my overall list:

1. Avengers: Infinity War

2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

3. Marvel's The Avengers

4. Guardians of the Galaxy

5. Iron Man

6. Captain America: Civil War

7. Spider-Man: Homecoming

8. Ant-Man

9. Captain America: The First Avenger

10. Ant-Man and the Wasp

11. Dr. Strange

12. Captain Marvel

13. The Incredible Hulk

14. Black Panther

15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

16. Thor

17. Iron Man 3

18. Thor: Ragnarok

19. Avengers: Age of Ultron

20. Iron Man 2

21. Thor: The Dark World

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

From the first bout with Batroc the Leaper... You get GSP, you know youre getting a good fight scene.

They could have done alittle better with Agent 13 (not bad, but its been an MCU problem) but I quite enjoy the Brock Rumlow stuff.

And I still get chills during the opening, from the first "on your left" because its just such an awesome way to set upthat relationship.

Not only did they make a great movie, but they also did a really great job of World Building, and tying it back to The First Avenger which many people dont love. Its the same reason Im higher on Iron Man 2 than most. Sure Whiplash is a garbage Villian, but Justin Hammer and the US Government are actually really great adversaries. (love anything that Sam Rockwell does) and as we push out to Black Widow, truly getting War Machine, some real interaction with Nick Fury and his Avengers initiative... We really get a look at the expanding universe. Just wish we would have gotten the Demon in a Bottle storyline they were actually setting up.

Not to mention the background music everytime WS showed up....

Recently rewatched the MCU as well, will put up my ranking when I get home.

I will say right off the bat I am thinking Iron Man will be hard for me to rank. It's what started this whole thing, and I'm not just taking about how it literally set things in motion for the Avengers or was the first released film in the MCU, I'm talking about how it served as the blueprint for MCU films. One of the key reasons MCU has been such a wild success IMO (vs, say, DCEU) is the style of humor and frequency of it, which RDJ and that first Iron Man really seemed to pave the way for... However, when I go and rewatch the MCU, is Iron Man really one of my 5 favorite? No. That's what I'll probably rank on, just how much I enjoy them now.

14 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Recently rewatched the MCU as well, will put up my ranking when I get home.

I will say right off the bat I am thinking Iron Man will be hard for me to rank. It's what started this whole thing, and I'm not just taking about how it literally set things in motion for the Avengers or was the first released film in the MCU, I'm talking about how it served as the blueprint for MCU films. One of the key reasons MCU has been such a wild success IMO (vs, say, DCEU) is the style of humor and frequency of it, which RDJ and that first Iron Man really seemed to pave the way for... However, when I go and rewatch the MCU, is Iron Man really one of my 5 favorite? No. That's what I'll probably rank on, just how much I enjoy them now.

It actually took me ten years to watch the first Ironman.....

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I agree.  

If i were to rank "best film in the series", it would go to Winter Soldier.  Most people would probably agree.  They just did such an awesome job with pacing the movie.  Had enough action to showcase the heroes abilities, but also slowed it down enough in spots to build those relationships that give the movie a deeper meaning.

It's like someone said a few pages back - some of the movies are great just because of the pure spectacle (Infinity War, Civil War, Avengers), some are great because they're great films (Winter Soldier).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I just finished an MCU marathon so I feel qualified to comment. Ragnarok is easily the most overrated film in the MCU, followed by Ultron. Upon second viewing when the humor falls a little flatter it really hits you how unimportant everything feels. Every moment of tension is undercut by something jokey. Trade Iron Man for it and move up Avengers and the list looks a lot better.

I really like Ragnarok, though i can see why you'd say that.  Your reasoning is sound.

The movie loses a bit after IW, if i'm being honest, because Valkarie suddenly vanishes.  Ragnarok becomes more relevant again if she shows up in Endgame.  If not, well then Ragnarok was just important character building (or something of that nature) for Thor.  Which is fine, i guess.

EDIT: oh, and explains where Banner has been and brings him back to the fight.

• Like 1