The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast

Acgott

48 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

How much am I actually missing if I don't watch the Disney+ shows?

I feel like they're still going to keep most of the major events confined to the movies, right?

Either way, I finally caved and completed my MCU movie collection. The only one I was missing was Captain Marvel. Almost bought Black Widow a second time because I know I haven't seen it yet, but I guess I have it somehow.

The Loki show introduces the concept of Kang

WandaVision sets up the entire premise of MoM

Falcon/Winter Soldier introduces Falcon Cap who is getting a solo movie

Ms Marvel and Spectrum are going to be focal points in the Marvels movie and were intro'd in shows

US Agent is intro'd in F/WS and he is a central character in Thunderbolts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

How much am I actually missing if I don't watch the Disney+ shows?

I feel like they're still going to keep most of the major events confined to the movies, right?

they about on par with the films, in terms of needing to watch. Most stuff you can skip and sorta figure it out with both.

Wandavision - sets up where Wanda goes, some other characters. It’s good too, but could skip if you already watched Multiverse of Madness.

Falcon&Winter Soldier - If you know he becomes Cap, not much else. Sets up some stuff for Cap4 and Thunderbolts. Can skip.

Loki - Sets up the multiverse, something else that’s pretty important to the films coming out. Watch it.

What If…? - Hit or miss, episode 4 was one of my favorite things they’ve done. But can skip.

Hawkeye - Kate is a fun addition, sets up the echo show and a glimpse at an important character for the street level MCU. But again if you don’t like the character can skip.

Moon Knight - Self contained, good series but could skip until the supernatural side is a little more clear. Oscar was very good in the role. 

Ms Marvel - Fun but unless you want to get her backstory for The Marvels, not required viewing. Something in the last ep you’d be happy about.

She/Hulk - built to be more week to week. A couple things that will be built upon. But can skip if it doesn’t interest you. Daredevil is in it.

Werewolf by night - It’s built to be a one off, single episode thing. Thought it was great.

Looking ahead,

Secret Invasion is being built as an even series, Guardians holiday special is said to intro some stuff for vol3, Loki season two will probably be important. Ironheart seems like you can skip but could setup Armor Wars and a character for Thunderbolts. Echo seems shippable but will have Fisk, Daredevil in it.

Cap 4 with Sam as CA , Thunderbolts and whatever hulk stuff is happening being it's own mini trilogy is another one of those I would've never believed it things. Harrison Ford joining makes it even moreso.

Wonder what Red Hulk plans they have, hard to picture Liv being brought back to be be Red She-hulk. 
Would they really do that with Harrison?

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Cap 4 with Sam as CA , Thunderbolts and whatever hulk stuff is happening being it's own mini trilogy is another one of those I would've never believed it things. Harrison Ford joining makes it even moreso.

Wonder what Red Hulk plans they have, hard to picture Liv being brought back to be be Red She-hulk. 
Would they really do that with Harrison?

Are they going to use the Thunderbolts name as an homage to Ross?  Bcuz using it makes little sense otherwise lol. The strength of that name was in the comic’s incredible twist where it was revealed that these Thunderbolts were actually villains posing as heroes. And tbh the comic book lost its mojo almost immediately afterward. 

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Are they going to use the Thunderbolts name as an homage to Ross?  Bcuz using it makes little sense otherwise lol. The strength of that name was in the comic’s incredible twist where it was revealed that these Thunderbolts were actually villains posing as heroes. And tbh the comic book lost its mojo almost immediately afterward. 

There’s the new version of them too where he leads the team.

With the Sakovia accords getting repealed, and him being one of their biggest advocates, makes sense character wise that the next things he has to lose is that humanity he clings onto in becoming Red Hulk and/or “can’t beat them, join them” with making his own super hero team he can control.

31 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

There’s the new version of them too where he leads the team.

With the Sakovia accords getting repealed, and him being one of their biggest advocates, makes sense character wise that the next things he has to lose is that humanity he clings onto in becoming Red Hulk and/or “can’t beat them, join them” with making his own super hero team he can control.

True I meant more of the power in the name instead of it just being a random one.  And tbh, we haven't seen the fury of Ross' animosity toward Hulk/Banner at all in the MCU (and not since The Incredible Hulk).  I've enjoyed some storylines with Red Hulk in the comics but this just feels gimmicky without any of the weight.  But like you said, they could shift that animosity to superheroes in general and his lack of control over them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

True I meant more of the power in the name instead of it just being a random one.  And tbh, we haven't seen the fury of Ross' animosity toward Hulk/Banner at all in the MCU (and not since The Incredible Hulk).  I've enjoyed some storylines with Red Hulk in the comics but this just feels gimmicky without any of the weight.  But like you said, they could shift that animosity to superheroes in general and his lack of control over them.

Hope we get that in Cap4, Sam is actually a good person to clash against.

He’s just a man too, but he chose to do what’s right / help people and not get in the way of what others who are doing the same. Both decorated soldiers, not the same issue with Tony’s arrogance. Someone who’s walked in similar shoes that can tell Ross he’s wrong.

Seeing the world reject blaming its protectors as he sees it, constantly lose this fight… is bound to break him. Wonder if it’ll be his choice to shift or he’ll be tricked into it by The Leader.

• Like 1

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/sacha-baron-cohen-rumored-join-084940865.html 

Sacha Baron Cohen, the star of the classic black comedy films Ali G Indahouse, The Dictator, Borat, and Brüno is reportedly appearing in the upcoming Disney+ series Ironheart as the powerful demon Mephisto. The various reports are confirmed by Cosmic Circus Editor-in-Chief, Lizzie Hill, who believes Cohen will be playing the dark lord who many fans have surmised has been plotting behind-the-scenes in multiple Marvel Studios Disney+ series including WandaVision, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk: Attorney at Law.

I know they had no choice but to recast Ross because it's an important role going forward and i do like Harrison Ford but...idk... When you're talking about a franchise and your replacing an actor who just died maybe casting an 80 year old isn't the best idea.... You could have easily chosen an actor in their 50s and got away with it. 

I hope that doesn't sound too callous but it's the first thing that popped in my head when I saw that headline.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast