The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Even if you assume that you killed an ancillary 10% of the population due to various societal accidents (your surgeon vanishes mid surgery, your airplane pilot vanishes midflight, etc.), 40% of 7 billion people is 2.8 billion people. There were 2.8 billion people on the planet in 1960. Even looking at diminishing population growth rates in developed countries, it would still only take 70 years to get the population right back to where it was. 70 years is a blink of an eye in the scope of the universe. Hell, the entirety of human existence is a blink of an eye. 

That was part of my problem with Thanos' plan. It's a temporary fix. 

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Even if you assume that you killed an ancillary 10% of the population due to various societal accidents (your surgeon vanishes mid surgery, your airplane pilot vanishes midflight, etc.), 40% of 7 billion people is 2.8 billion people. There were 2.8 billion people on the planet in 1960. Even looking at diminishing population growth rates in developed countries, it would still only take 70 years to get the population right back to where it was. 70 years is a blink of an eye in the scope of the universe. Hell, the entirety of human existence is a blink of an eye. 

Yeah but in 70 years I’m dead and I enjoy those 70 years far more with 4 billion people on this planet than 8 billion.

47 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Also, I still wonder how does Steve return the soul stone? Throw it back in the water?

Or the mind stone and power stones for that matter.  They were both locked in an item.

9 minutes ago, theJ said:

Or the mind stone and power stones for that matter.  They were both locked in an item.

hm that is also true.. I didn't think about that

Edit: This is probably why they have been tight lipped about what happened when Cap goes back because he'll get a mini series on disney plus...

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

35 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

hm that is also true.. I didn't think about that

Edit: This is probably why they have been tight lipped about what happened when Cap goes back because he'll get a mini series on disney plus...

Hope so.  because when Cap went to return the soul stone, his encounter with Red Skull (whom he didn't know was there) could be epic.  The power stone shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

16 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea but the debate was, was it necessary. Cap goes on to cited an example with whale populations growing again and it could have been a direct link to lack of whale hunting. 

There were positive effects to Thanos's decision and it's hard to say whether he was right or wrong to do it. When you make a decision that effects so much it's impossible to tell the effects of everything that transpires afterwards. 

Morally it was wrong, but many decisions in our history that had positive outcomes or done for the right reasons could have been initiated by an act of "necessary evil" or a "hard decision". 

I guess the positives would be weighed by how you interpret Thanos cutting life in half.  Does it mean all life?  Or intelligent life?  I had this debate with a couple of people who believed the latter, while I interpreted the former.  If ALL life had been cut in half, resources just got cut in half as well, so populations struggling  with hunger or other resource problems are no better off after the snap than before.  The only advantage gained would be space to reproduce rapidly.   If the deer population is cut in half along with humans, that doesn't really solve anything.  

I'm probably in the minority on that interpretation tho.

53 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Is that a thing?  I thought Evans was done.  At least, the interview he did with Men's Journal pretty much implied he was done with the character.  He's had enough.

14 minutes ago, theJ said:

Is that a thing?  I thought Evans was done.  At least, the interview he did with Men's Journal pretty much implied he was done with the character.  He's had enough.

For now sure. But whats he gonna do in 7 years when his directing career doesnt take off like he thought it would? Id bet he takes the money to film a 6 part mini series.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, theJ said:

Well, Russos said they weren't done with him..I don't know if this pertains to him doing the voice over for disney+'s what if series or the other rumor that he would be directing an episode or two of falcon and WS.

I don't remember what event it was but someone asked the russos about Caps adventure back to return the stones, they didn't say much but did say that's a story for another time

Evans recently said " "You know, I'm not sure I can give you those answers. That's weak as s*** but ask the writers," said Evans. "Look, I understand there's a lot of things you can question about the time continuity, but if there's one thing I've learned about working with Marvel, they don't leave stones unturned. They really don't." "

36 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Hope so.  because when Cap went to return the soul stone, his encounter with Red Skull (whom he didn't know was there) could be epic.  The power stone shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Which would be epic..although The Russos have said that maybe this red skull is nothing more than a ghost that has no memory of his past.

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Which would be epic..although The Russos have said that maybe this red skull is nothing more than a ghost that has no memory of his past.

That wouldn't jive with the scene where Red Skull alludes to trying hold one of the stones.

42 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I guess the positives would be weighed by how you interpret Thanos cutting life in half.  Does it mean all life?  Or intelligent life?  I had this debate with a couple of people who believed the latter, while I interpreted the former.  If ALL life had been cut in half, resources just got cut in half as well, so populations struggling  with hunger or other resource problems are no better off after the snap than before.  The only advantage gained would be space to reproduce rapidly.   If the deer population is cut in half along with humans, that doesn't really solve anything.  

I'm probably in the minority on that interpretation tho.

Feige clarified it was all life. Which for Thanos the character doesnt make sense so who knows what to think about it. 

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast