Black Widow
WandaVision
Hawkeye
Eternals
What If...?
Loki
Thor: Love and Thunder

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Phase 4 Announcements obviously have come out. I am curious, because I did a while ago the rankings of peoples thoughts on the Marvel movies. But what are people looking forward to in Phase 4 (1 through 10 with 1 being the best).

Black Widow
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Eternals
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
WandaVision
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Loki
What If...?
Hawkeye

My rankings go like:

WandaVision
Shang-Chi and the Legend fo the 10 Rings
Hawkeye
Eternals
Loki
What If...?
Black Widow

Doctor Strange 2
Eternals
Shang-Chi
Falcon and Winter Soldier
What If...?

Hawkeye, Black Widow and Loki I probably won’t even watch unless they contain something relevant to the overall story.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Man, the timeline is gonna be all messed up.  Thor 4 takes place before Guardians 3 apparently, and I'm more and more convinced that stepping away from this series for 5 years is the best idea. 

It's not even the same series at that point then.  You pretty much are rebooting with a new cast and everything.  I'm not sure how that makes it better necessarily.

The thing that makes long movies series bad (and TV series for that matter) is constant one-upping of the last danger, and making the plot more and more convoluted as the new material is built on the old.  If they stay away from that, this will be just as entertaining as the first three phases.  A 5 year gap doesn't solve those problems necessarily. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

It's not even the same series at that point then.  You pretty much are rebooting with a new cast and everything.  I'm not sure how that makes it better necessarily.

The thing that makes long movies series bad (and TV series for that matter) is constant one-upping of the last danger, and making the plot more and more convoluted as the new material is built on the old.  If they stay away from that, this will be just as entertaining as the first three phases.  A 5 year gap doesn't solve those problems necessarily. 

I’m not saying I’m not gonna watch them, just that I’m going to wait five years to watch them.  I hate watching things like this out of sequence, so with so many movies coming out in an order other than chronological, I am going to wait until I can watch them in chronological order.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m not saying I’m not gonna watch them, just that I’m going to wait five years to watch them.  I hate watching things like this out of sequence, so with so many movies coming out in an order other than chronological, I am going to wait until I can watch them in chronological order.

Ah gotcha.  I read that wrong.  Thought you were saying they should delay the whole series for 5 years.  Not that you were delaying watching them.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Doctor Strange 2
Eternals
Shang-Chi
Falcon and Winter Soldier
What If...?

Hawkeye, Black Widow and Loki I probably won’t even watch unless they contain something relevant to the overall story.

It'll be weird seeing Loki alive and well after IW. Since he wasn't part of the snap, I don't see how he could've been revived using the Stones/portals. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

23 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

It'll be weird seeing Loki alive and well after IW. Since he wasn't part of the snap, I don't see how he could've been revived using the Stones/portals. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

It's the Loki from the past that escaped in Endgame.

4 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Phase 4 Announcements obviously have come out. I am curious, because I did a while ago the rankings of peoples thoughts on the Marvel movies. But what are people looking forward to in Phase 4 (1 through 10 with 1 being the best).

Black Widow
Eternals
WandaVision
Loki
What If...?
Hawkeye

Spiderman 3(I think this will still be part of phase 4, sony will be the studio to announce it)

Eternals

WandaVision

Black Widow

What If...?

Loki

Hawkeye

7 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Black Widow
Eternals
WandaVision
Loki
What If...?
Hawkeye

Nothing stands out to me tbh. But if I had to put them in an order...

• Doctor Strange
  • Shang-Chi (don't know anything about him, but looking forward to Mandarin)
  • WandaVision
  • Thor
  • Falcon and Winter Soldier
  • What if
  • Eternals
  • Hawkeye
  • Loki
  • Black Widow
Edited by kingseanjohn

4 hours ago, theJ said:

The mcu team has been a head of the curb, it wouldnt surpriseme at all if they nail it. Betting againstthem isblike betting against Tom and Bill B. 

That said I was so excited for IW, saw it twice, and then have no interest in spider man, and havent even gone to see it. I need a marvel break.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast