The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

Announcements (will update)

• X-men '97 (animated)
  • Moon Knight (coming soon post)
  • She-hulk (coming soon, new logo)
  • Ms. Marvel (Coming Summer 2022)
  • What if..? Season 2
  • Echo series announced officially (will be introduced in Hawkeye)
  • Spider-Man: Freshman Year, an animated series
  • I am Groot (New logo)
  • Ironheart (New logo)
  • Agatha: House of Harkness officially announced
  • Marvel Zombies, animated series
  • Secret Invasion (new logo)

Footage for some stuff up on Disney+

• Moon Knight footage, looks violent/dark
  • She-hulk footage, tease of her hulk form
  • Ms. Marvel, new footage
  • Costume test for greyed Nick Fury in Secret Invasion
  • Animated logos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Why though?

How many old, revived franchises work out for the best?   Very very few.   There were alot of things that made that show special that cannot be replicated.    Even if some of the same people are involved, it doesn't matter.   Look at guys like Paul Dini and Bruce Timm.   They were amazing back in the 90s and early 2000s, but their stuff now is largely terrible.

They wouldve been much better off just creating a new XMen show.    Doing it under the guise of the old XMen show is just working the nostalgia angle, but the chances of it actually being anywhere close to the same quality arent good.

I hope I'm wrong.   I loved the original show.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 43M said:

How many old, revived franchises work out for the best?   Very very few.   There were alot of things that made that show special that cannot be replicated.    Even if some of the same people are involved, it doesn't matter.   Look at guys like Paul Dini and Bruce Timm.   They were amazing back in the 90s and early 2000s, but their stuff now is largely terrible.

They wouldve been much better off just creating a new XMen show.    Doing it under the guise of the old XMen show is just working the nostalgia angle, but the chances of it actually being anywhere close to the same quality arent good.

I hope I'm wrong.   I loved the original show.

I have more faith in this being good given that the old XMen show hasn’t aged well at all. It needs an update. This isn’t a classic like Batman the animated series. I’m hoping for an upgrade like how Spectacular Spider-Man was leaps and bounds better than Amazing Spider-Man.

16 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I literally can't even. The designs are iconic, I get that, but design and animation are not the same thing. 

I don’t mind the designs. It just lack any fluidity because they were extremely shortchanged by the studio. They did the best they could given the circumstances. It’s just crazy that it had a prime time premiere and the studios treated it so badly.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Unpopular Opinion, the original 90s Xmen show is borderline unwatchable. 

I certainly wouldnt call it unwatchable, but it hasnt aged extremely well.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

I have more faith in this being good given that the old XMen show hasn’t aged well at all. It needs an update. 

Again...it hasnt aged well, but it doesnt need an update.  Just make a completely new XMen show.    All youre doing by resurrecting the old show is begging for cheap nostalgia views and inviting comparisons that arent likely going to be good ones...similarly to Disney and their live action remakes of old animated movies.

Disney has a major problem with originality, anymore.

11 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Look I get it.  So many ppl were kids when it came out and grew up with it.  Nostalgia clouds quite a bit.  But the truth is that the animation in both X-Men and Spider-Man 90's cartoons were flat out awful.  Both made by Nelvana.  X-Men: Evolution was better and Wolverine & The X-Men is still the bar.  The latter of which is already on Disney+.

Here's hoping the new series is legit and follows the Blue/Gold team set-up from Chris Claremont & Jim Lee's run.

Again....why revive it then?  Why not do something new?  That would make more sense.   Youre not inviting comparisons to a beloved show.

And while the shows you mentioned were good, how are they the bar when the 90s XMen show is talked about to this day and how it paved the way for shows like the ones you mentioned?     

Say what you want about 90s XMen, but it was a revolutionary show along with Batman TAS that paved the way for comic book shows not just to be viewed as kids shows.     

We will see what happens, but I maintain its very unlikely it works out well.   I think Disney just enjoys taking dumps on classic shows and movies.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast