The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

11 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

How the **** did they get Mahershala Ali for a Marvel franchise?

Of all the people who have been in MCU movies, he’s the one you are surprised with?

hes done some great stuff, but these actors still need to get paid, and there’s no better place to do that these days than in the MCU. 

And to take something with the history of Blade has to be as juicy as it gets in a guaranteed action franchise

21 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

By just about everyone who read them.  You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but it is held in very high regard by the wider fandom

It lost 60% of it's readership (112,053 to 45,929 physical copies sold) from weeks 1 to 10 of it's run. That was with one of the biggest media campaigns that a comic book has ever put on.

It made no sense from day 1. 

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It lost 60% of it's readership (112,053 to 45,929 physical copies sold) from weeks 1 to 10 of it's run. That was with one of the biggest media campaigns that a comic book has ever put on.

It made no sense from day 1. 

Oh the Comic book readership didn’t have a immediate positive reaction to lady Thor? Color me shocked 

it still doesn’t change the fact that critically, it is held in some of the highest regard.

But keep pounding this drum if it makes you feel better

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Oh the Comic book readership didn’t have a immediate positive reaction to lady Thor? Color me shocked 

it still doesn’t change the fact that critically, it is held in some of the highest regard.

But keep pounding this drum if it makes you feel better

It could have been complete crap, and it would have gotten cirtical acclaim. You know this damn well. You're really gonna stand up here and argue that this is excellence?

Image result for jane foster sjw comic

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It could have been complete crap, and it would have gotten cirtical acclaim. You know this damn well. You're really gonna stand up here and argue that this is excellence?

Good ******* grief that is awful. 

Lol itt chuds who would never read the book make preconceived assumptions about its quality based on 2 pages and assume its regarded well because of SJW nonsense not because it's a good run.

I have the entire run, it's a great run. Jane Thor added a lot of depth and interesting character developments to the franchise. Its lauded by fans and critics. For good reason. It's a great run, shes an interesting character. Baseline Thor had run his course at that point, he still mostly has.

You posted readership subs from when the entire Marvel Line tanked. Thor books were one casualty of a line wide collapse because the physical industry is dying at an incredibly rapid pace.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Aaron's run on Thor has always been highly regarded.

Based on?

Certainly isn't fan conversations if forums are anything to go by.

Certainly isn't readership numbers. Unless you believe Marvel's Digital Sales numbers, which no one should.

13 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Lol itt chuds who would never read the book make preconceived assumptions about its quality based on 2 pages and assume its regarded well because of SJW nonsense not because it's a good run.

I have the entire run, it's a great run. Jane Thor added a lot of depth and interesting character developments to the franchise. Its lauded by fans and critics. For good reason. It's a great run, shes an interesting character. Baseline Thor had run his course at that point, he still mostly has.

You posted readership subs from when the entire Marvel Line tanked. Thor books were one casualty of a line wide collapse because the physical industry is dying at an incredibly rapid pace.

Come on, step away from the, "I'm the only one who has read it, and it's actually good if you look into it." I've read it and so have others. It's not. "Gorr was right" was a super lame way to get a woman Thor, which was always the end goal.

And watching Thor Odinson whine and get worked over by some lame aliens while Foster was running around with Mjolnir and using powers that Thor never had and talking to Mjolnir like no other character had was just rubbing salt in the wound of the fan base.

They essentially retconned so much of Odin and Thor's powers and origins that it was cringe inducing.

You can't seriously tell me that you enjoyed the female super team assembled. That wasn't at all eye roll worthy?

The entire thematic message of the story was, "whenever women have power, men in positions of authority will try to take it". And damn if they weren't willing to rewrite the entire Thor universe around her to do it, not just Thor, but Odin and Mjolnir and Asgard as well.

I’m looking forward to it. I take it Jane (Portman) will be taking the role while Thor is off with the GOTG. 

Also, Ali as Blade excites the hell out of me. And I’m thrilled we actually get to see the real Mandarin. 

Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch is going to kick *** as well.

Critical Acclaim is now synonymous with, "How woke is it?" 

That's why Wonder Woman is the 11th best movie ever made if  you follow Rotten Tomatoes and its rating system. 

Female Thor is stupid.  You don't have to be a sexist to think so.  If Jane Foster gets Thor's powers that's great and I think it could be and will be a great movie.  If Jane Foster takes over and starts getting called Thor instead of her Goddamn name, that would bother me because that would be stupid. 

At this point I don't even care if I'm called a sexist because it's getting stupid and people are literally delusional if they can't understand the concept. 

Pepper Potts wore an Iron Man suit.  She wasn't called Iron Man or Tony Stark.
Peggy Carter picked up Captain America's shield.  She wasn't called Steve Rogers or Captain America.
Captain America wielded the Powers of Thor.  He wasn't called Thor, he was Captain America with Thor powers. 
Batwoman did not become Bruce Wayne or Batman, she became Batwoman.

If that's being sexist, I don't want to have to do the delicate egg walking mental gymnastics to conform to delusional norms and I'm content being that old sexist boogieman. 

I just can't keep up with it all anymore. 

I got called an incel for laughing at the fact that SJWs are calling The Lion King white patriarchy (probably by a literal incel neckbeard who calls women m'lady), and I really don't care what I get called for this post.

If Jane Foster literally becomes Thor and gets called Thor, that's stupid.  Bottom line. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Anyone actually interested in any of there tv shows. Don’t care for SW, Hawkeye, or Falcon. Pass

I am. You can do a lot of stuff with a tv for these characters. So many more details you can tag on 

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast