The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I mean, really he is young enough to where they could start fresh with him in the role, although, you'd have to ditch the concentration camp survivor portion of his backstory.  He can't have existing in the past of the MCU and been completely unknown.  Same thing with the Fantastic 4.  Going to need some fresh origin stories.

You cannot abandon that part.  It’s absolutely crucial to his story (and mutants overall) and and all these characters have backstories that need to be dealt with .  Granted, it’s going to be tricky to integrate both universes but it can be done without comprising elements.  They just need a storyline where there’s some kind of multiversal bleed of realities.  

Mr. Peabody & Sherman the movie handled a storyline where the timestream was a mess and different ppl from different eras were all thrown together.  Other films have done similar premises.   It could be a blueprint for what brings in the X-Men and FF and they essentially become one universe at the conclusion.  

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Plus...they aren't affiliated with Fox.  I'm sure there are legal issues tying into another companies set of movies.  And there's really no motivation for Disney to go there, because it just incentivizes people to shovel over money to FOX.  I don't think i have to explain to anyone why they wouldn't want that.

Did you miss the whole mega news about Disney owning Fox and all their movies? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Did you miss the whole mega news about Disney owning Fox and all their movies? 

Apparently?

So when will Spiderman hit disney+ then?

I still think it makes more sense to start new. More money to be made with new than recycling old stuff. 

21 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

If he is reprising his role as Quicksilver it is dumb. If he is playing, say, Mephisto, I'm pumped. 

I'll disagree only because if they new marvel theme is multiple universes then it makes sense for him to return as Quicksliver.

Maybe since her bro is dead, dead; she ends up bringing that version of quicksilver back.

45 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'll disagree only because if they new marvel theme is multiple universes then it makes sense for him to return as Quicksliver.

Maybe since her bro is dead, dead; she ends up bringing that version of quicksilver back.

Which means the entire convoluted and mostly bad Fox Xmen universe exists and the very first MCU mutant is from that universe. No thanks. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Mostly bad?

The latest two entries were mediocre at best.

While the quality may be debatable, he is right that its a convoluted mess, and I see no reason NOT to start over with a fresh take.

I don't care either way.   The MCU looks pretty blah going forward.  If it werent for the XMens eventual involvement, Id be completely checked out after Endgame.  If they just import the Fox X-Verse, my interest will be much lower.  I want to see a fresh start for XMen.  That is literally the ONLY reason I was happy Disney got the Fox licenses.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Okay...?

By my count, 8/12 were good to great.

And?   The most recent movies are far more indicative of the current state of the franchise than movies made 5 to 20 years ago.

Like I said, regardless of how anyone feels about the quality of the franchise, the timeline is an absolute dumpster fire, many of the top actors are done with the franchise, and the last two movies were pretty mediocre by most fans standards.   If Disney took over after First Class or DoFP,  I couldve seen it.

At this point, I see zero benefit to keeping that same universe going.  Its not going in any positive direction.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And?   The most recent movies are far more indicative of the current state of the franchise than movies made 5 to 20 years ago.

So The Godfather trilogy is mostly bad then, right? I mean the most recent one wasn't very good.

21 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Mostly bad?

I'd be more than happy to deep dive my opinion:

X-Men (2000) - mediocre at best

X2 (2003) - good

X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) - straight trash

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) - straight trash

X-Men: First Class (2011) - good

The Wolverine (2013) - mediocre at best

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) - very good

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) - bad

Logan (2017) - the best

Dark Phoenix (2019) - bad

The best film in this list is very much stand alone and draws on their only character worth a damn in 20 years of films. However, it took them THREE tries to get to it from straight trash with Origins, to mediocre at best with The Wolverine, to finally killing it with Logan. 

The original X-Men flick would be a universal flop in today's saturated hero market. You can argue it's not fair to compare or that it needs to be given points for kickstarting the super genre, I will argue that lack of holding up to the test of time cancels out such points. It is mediocre at best and I honestly don't enjoy watching it anymore. 

First class was good, and it still holds up pretty well, but it starts this trend of making this series of films convoluted AF. If this was a straight reboot instead of a restart, it'd be better IMO. Days of Future Past doubles down by including the original actors and then makes it more and more and more and more confusing. You can accept it but it says something when the 2nd best movie in the series makes all that came before it just a little worse on rewatch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I'd be more than happy to deep dive my opinion:

X-Men (2000) - mediocre at best

X2 (2003) - good

X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) - straight trash

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) - straight trash

X-Men: First Class (2011) - good

The Wolverine (2013) - mediocre at best

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) - very good

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) - bad

Logan (2017) - the best

Dark Phoenix (2019) - bad

I disagree with X-Men and The Wolverine. While I'm not going to say either are incredible or anything, both are better than the average MCU movie. The Wolverine's 3rd act is definitely disappointing, though.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

The best film in this list is very much stand alone and draws on their only character worth a damn in 20 years of films. However, it took them THREE tries to get to it from straight trash with Origins, to mediocre at best with The Wolverine, to finally killing it with Logan. 

The original X-Men flick would be a universal flop in today's saturated hero market. You can argue it's not fair to compare or that it needs to be given points for kickstarting the super genre, I will argue that lack of holding up to the test of time cancels out such points. It is mediocre at best and I honestly don't enjoy watching it anymore. 

First class was good, and it still holds up pretty well, but it starts this trend of making this series of films convoluted AF. If this was a straight reboot instead of a restart, it'd be better IMO. Days of Future Past doubles down by including the original actors and then makes it more and more and more and more confusing. You can accept it but it says something when the 2nd best movie in the series makes all that came before it just a little worse on rewatch.

X-Men still holds up fine for me.

I agree the timeline got way convoluted, but that doesn't erase the quality of the individual movies themselves since the only 2 movies that it really affects are two poor movies in Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.

You also need to include Deadpool and Deadpool 2. 

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You also need to include Deadpool and Deadpool 2. 

I really dont. You can if you want, but they are not X-Men movies in my mind and aren't going to be apart of this discussion as it pertains to including them in the MCU as they stand. We already know Deadpool will be separate and will continue with a third under the house of mouse. 

• Like 2

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast