The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

1 hour ago, August4th said:

yep...they should get X-men and F4 soon(although comcast might get in the way as they are making a push to buy fox)

I'm in the minority on this - but if they do F4, I want to see it as a period piece based in the 60s/70s. Drop it in right after the events of Agent Carter, backdrop it against a "space race" with the US/SHIELD vs USSR/Hydra. You could really get some quality performances out of people already known in this time - Hayley Atwell and John Slattery could be big pieces as Carter and Howard Stark, you could bring in a "younger" version of Michael Douglas to play Hank Pym, a younger version of Samuel L Jackson to play Nick Fury - make it about the 4, but also show the real rise of both SHIELD and HYDRA post WW2 and the "first contact" that was Galactus and the Silver Surfer.

I dunno, that's just me. The 4 always felt like they fit in a previous era - all attempts to modernize them just fell flat, so keep them in the 60s and tell their story that way. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm in the minority on this - but if they do F4, I want to see it as a period piece based in the 60s/70s. Drop it in right after the events of Agent Carter, backdrop it against a "space race" with the US/SHIELD vs USSR/Hydra. You could really get some quality performances out of people already known in this time - Hayley Atwell and John Slattery could be big pieces as Carter and Howard Stark, you could bring in a "younger" version of Michael Douglas to play Hank Pym, a younger version of Samuel L Jackson to play Nick Fury - make it about the 4, but also show the real rise of both SHIELD and HYDRA post WW2 and the "first contact" that was Galactus and the Silver Surfer.

I dunno, that's just me. The 4 always felt like they fit in a previous era - all attempts to modernize them just fell flat, so keep them in the 60s and tell their story that way. 

I would be down for something like that...  matter of fact would't be surprise if they are kicking around these ideas in the writing room right now.. especially films on a young Nick fury and his adventures

Edited by August4th

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

I would be down for something like that...  matter of fact would't be surprise if they are kicking around these ideas in the writing room right now.. especially films on a young Nick fury and his adventures

John David Washington (Denzel's son) as a young Nick Fury? I'd watch that.

36 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think they should make every member of the Fantastic Four dead.  That's a lame story with lame characters. 

You'll have to find another way to bring in Galactus, Silver Surfer and Dr. Doom, then. Not saying you can't, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, y'know?

14 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

You'll have to find another way to bring in Galactus, Silver Surfer and Dr. Doom, then. Not saying you can't, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, y'know?

None of those characters need the Fantastic 4, not even Doom.. We don't need origin stories, just have him be ruler of Latvaria The F4 doesn't need to be dead, just have them lost in space for the time being.

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

None of those characters need the Fantastic 4, not even Doom.. We don't need origin stories, just have him be ruler of Latvaria The F4 doesn't need to be dead, just have them lost in space for the time being.

They're already doing that with Captain Marvel, I assume they're not going to repeat that for the F4. 

Plus we already have an ever expanding list of characters lost in time and space, The Wasp, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Red Skull etc.

48 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

They're already doing that with Captain Marvel, I assume they're not going to repeat that for the F4. 

Plus we already have an ever expanding list of characters lost in time and space, The Wasp, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Red Skull etc.

Those are more lost in time. The F4 could be traveling through space. Either way they aren’t going to redo the origin story

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

They don't need their own movie.

I agree.  I think the best idea for Fantastic Four in the MCU would be to acknowledge their existence, but have them somewhat retired/not involved.  They are the lamest of the lame.  Somebody else here suggested they were like a 60's/70's thing.  That would be the best idea.  Unless they kill off Stark and Banner during Infinity War, they really don't need another doctor type.  Unless they kill off a bunch of the Phase one heroes (Cap, Stark, Banner, Thor...), they don't need four not fantastic characters. 

5 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I agree.  I think the best idea for Fantastic Four in the MCU would be to acknowledge their existence, but have them somewhat retired/not involved.  They are the lamest of the lame.  Somebody else here suggested they were like a 60's/70's thing.  That would be the best idea.  Unless they kill off Stark and Banner during Infinity War, they really don't need another doctor type.  Unless they kill off a bunch of the Phase one heroes (Cap, Stark, Banner, Thor...), they don't need four not fantastic characters. 

They just need to be supporting characters...if even that like you said.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast