Seattle Violated Concussion Protocol with Russell Wilson

JaguarCrazy2832

21 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I thought concussion tests were done by a neutral doctor anyway? How did they get round that?

I mean, it's not like the doctor physically restrains the player that might be concussed. He just went back out on to the field before they actually said he could.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I mean, it's not like the doctor physically restrains the player that might be concussed. He just went back out on to the field before they actually said he could.

Granted, but why didn't the doc report that? I thought the whole point of the independent neurologist was to stop this exact thing from happening.

3 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Granted, but why didn't the doc report that? I thought the whole point of the independent neurologist was to stop this exact thing from happening.

He may have, and that's why it's now being investigated.

It's hard to say exactly what should've happened without knowing the full procedure. Maybe he was supposed to report it at the time and they should've stopped the game until he was off the field. Maybe there's no clear chain of command for what to do in that situation because it's never happened before. I dunno.

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Luck played through a concussion in the same game he got it yet sat out the next week and the NFL didn't care in the slightest either. This is only being punished because the media caught on to it when it happened.

And would you look at that, the joke of a franchise at it again:

3 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Oh no a player lied about an injury...It's not like every single player hasn't done that before. 

This is a non-issue but the seahawks should get fined/lose a draft pick because the NFL has to keep up the appearance they "Care" about player safety. Not because it's the right thing to do, to act like they're doing the right thing.

It's not just lying about an injury, and it is NOT a non issue. He was pulled by a ref so he broke league rules by not following the procedure.

Russel knew he hadn't finished the protocol so he either elected to put himself back into the game, or Pete told him to get back into the game. Whichever way it was, suspend the person responsible. Fine the team the max amount, and IMO, dock the team a mid round draft pick for it, as much as they've been caught cheating lately the League needs to come down hard on them.

On top of all that, if it's found that Wilson decided to skip the procedure himself, I think that's a good case for him never receiving any sort of compensation in the future for brain injuries paid out to players. 

22 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

And would you look at that, the joke of a franchise at it again:

Was he ever checked into the protocol by a ref or an independent doctor? If not, it's not on the team to do anything about it if the player isn't obviously concussed. You can argue that the coaches are lacking ethically for not making sure he was ok, but they might have tried and he just lied to them, nothing you can do about that. I think he should have been put into the protocol for sure after that hit because it was about one of the most obvious possible concussion hits I've seen this year. Dude clearly got his clock cleaned and took awhile to figure out what to do.

Just now, TXsteeler said:

Was he ever checked into the protocol by a ref or an independent doctor? If not, it's not on the team to do anything about it if the player isn't obviously concussed. You can argue that the coaches are lacking ethically for not making sure he was ok, but they might have tried and he just lied to them, nothing you can do about that. I think he should have been put into the protocol for sure after that hit because it was about one of the most obvious possible concussion hits I've seen this year. Dude clearly got his clock cleaned and took awhile to figure out what to do.

Might give the benefit of the doubt if it were a first time thing, but it happened with Luck last year too. Their medical staff/coaching staff is just entirely inept and should be punished, but I'm sure the NFL isn't gonna care at all.

52 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

It's not just lying about an injury, and it is NOT a non issue. He was pulled by a ref so he broke league rules by not following the procedure.

Russel knew he hadn't finished the protocol so he either elected to put himself back into the game, or Pete told him to get back into the game. Whichever way it was, suspend the person responsible. Fine the team the max amount, and IMO, dock the team a mid round draft pick for it, as much as they've been caught cheating lately the League needs to come down hard on them.

On top of all that, if it's found that Wilson decided to skip the procedure himself, I think that's a good case for him never receiving any sort of compensation in the future for brain injuries paid out to players. 

It is a non issue because more than likely the NFL will give the seahawks a fine/strip a draft pick and move on from this because they don't want to draw too much attention to this. Oh no he broke league rules... It's not like half the teams do that with their injury reports every single week. 

The seahawks "cheating" really? In what way aside from the stupid practice things. The league won't come down on them at all aside from the fine/potential draft pick stripping to act like they care. 

How is that at all relevant to this? Wilson skipping out on the concussion protocol should in no way hurt his future compensation if (Most likely when but who knows) he suffers long term medical issues because of football. 

7 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Sadly, they won't do much. If the league truly cared, they'd suspend Wilson and would massive punish the league.

Players can't be filing lawsuits over head injuries then act like they're a papercut.

No chance Wilson gets punished, nor should he. 

3 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Brissett was checked twice and released for on the hit by Tuitt.  He got beat around in the 4th quarter so he might have had other issues on later hits

1 minute ago, steelcurtain29 said:

You don't think the NFL should punish a guy if he suffered a concussion and deliberately disobeyed their new rules to prevent head injuries (which is clearly to stop them from being sued by so many players).

The rule is not for the players, it’s for the teams to protect the players from themselves. Part of being concussed is not exactly thinking clearly so they need the protection from the team. I also don’t see why a bunch of retired players suing the NFL has anything to do with Wilson. He’s not suing the NFL so why would it be held against him.

Archived