> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

15 hours ago, Kiltman said:

With Jurgy it seems like they finally got the Kelce replacement timing right, might as well start on Lane.

I’m not against the move, actually think it makes a lot of sense, but I get the disappointment from going line again.

Wish some more OTs came out so we could target one with the other first.

I mean that's not the worst thing for a second rounder, but for a top 10 pick and a RT? That's too much. 

We "lucked" into a top 10 pick the same year we had the #1 seed and with massive turnover upcoming for the Defense, we should take advantage of that. Specially when we have a OL coach that can turn water into wine. 

Of course, all of this is on paper, as we don't know how the board falls yet. But if the top 10 pick is there and the BPA available is a Redshirt RT, that would be very disappointing. 

22 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I mean that's not the worst thing for a second rounder, but for a top 10 pick and a RT? That's too much. 

We "lucked" into a top 10 pick the same year we had the #1 seed and with massive turnover upcoming for the Defense, we should take advantage of that. Specially when we have a OL coach that can turn water into wine. 

Of course, all of this is on paper, as we don't know how the board falls yet. But if the top 10 pick is there and the BPA available is a Redshirt RT, that would be very disappointing. 

If they do it, it has to be a guy who can play guard too. Lane has another 2/3 years in him.

The benefits of doing it now is we see how bad the team does when they lose Lane. And aside from injury he’s one popped drug test away from missing the year.

with how many teams put their planets pass rusher over to that side it makes sense to sure that up. Especially if you can get a good replacement for Isaac, who’s probably going to walk for a nice deal elsewhere.

im with you in that I’d rather not use #10 on it.but that might be your only shot at it with the better / versatile guys.

38 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If they do it, it has to be a guy who can play guard too. Lane has another 2/3 years in him.

The benefits of doing it now is we see how bad the team does when they lose Lane. And aside from injury he’s one popped drug test away from missing the year.

with how many teams put their planets pass rusher over to that side it makes sense to sure that up. Especially if you can get a good replacement for Isaac, who’s probably going to walk for a nice deal elsewhere.

im with you in that I’d rather not use #10 on it.but that might be your only shot at it with the better / versatile guys.

I mean but those guys that can play G then T can be found later in the round right? Like the Cowboys just did. Or the Colts with Bernhard Raimann

I trust Howie more finding FA rotational DL/secondary players then I do drafting them.

Priority #1 moving forward should always be, protecting Hurts upfront.

If Kelce decides to come back for another year which he will let them know way before the draft, you slide Jurgens to RG for the 2023 season.

Seomalu is leaving for a big payday IMO.

If Kelce is retiring,  We need a RG which Skoronski can fill for a season or two until Lane retires. I'd rather have the best OL in the draft then take a flier on a 2nd/3rd rounder and 🙏 he works out.

In Stout , I trust! If Stout wants him, draft him. If he say, we'll find someone else later, you take BPA or trade down. It's as simple as that for me if Skoronski is on the board at 10.

9 hours ago, Jroc04 said:
20 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eagles shouldn't be drafting Skoronski at 10th overall.

Now if he's there with our own pick then we can start talking about him.

I really really really don’t want to go OL at 10 but would understand if they project a Lane type impact eventually. 

The eagles are in a great spot to be able to take for luxury or restock for a position in a year or two delayed. Who woulda thunk? 

Skoronski has sub 33 inch (the typical threshold) arm length & he isn't the athlete that his predecessor, Rashawn Slater, was at Northwestern. Slater also had short arms, but he hit the 33 inch treshhold.

It's not impossible to play tackle at a good level with sub 33 inch arms like Braden Smith has done it for Indy, but I think there is more of a cap there for Skoronski than at guard where he could probably be a higher ranked player at his position.

I think Skoronski could be a terrific guard and maybe a good tackle too, but I don't think his physical traits scream top 10 pick like he if he was a super athlete with 33+ inch arms and had the ability to kick inside for 2 years and then take over without a doubt at RT and had an obvious ceiling to be a top guy there then sure that is worth a top ten pick, but I don't think that's where we are with Skoronski and I think getting maybe our pick of either likely the first or second corner off the board is much more important and valuable than selecting a guy whose best position is probably at guard. I don't think we need to replace Seumalo with a top 10 pick at guard, especially not with Stoutland.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

TRM, channeling his inner .....? WTF was his name? Seriously drawing a blank? Became a Steelers fan? lol

It's more important at tackle than pass rusher, especially when a guy isn't an elite athlete.

I think BG would tell you he would have had a better career if his arms were a couple inches longer too.

Does anyone think that Kelce comes back next year if we don't win the Super Bowl?

He played at an extremely high level this season and he has the podcast now with Travis & the Chiefs will be coming to Philly for a game in 2023. It just feels like things are too good to step away right now unless the body is just telling him its time.

It would suck for Jurgens to have to wait another year to really start his career, but its not the worst thing sitting behind a HOF for 2 years and coming in to kill it in your 3rd year. Speaking of the other Kelce. Travis didn't play a snap his rookie year & his second year in the league he turned 25 years old which would be how old Cam would be if he didn't start till his 3rd year.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Does anyone think that Kelce comes back next year if we don't win the Super Bowl?

He played at an extremely high level this season and he has the podcast now with Travis & the Chiefs will be coming to Philly for a game in 2023. It just feels like things are too good to step away right now unless the body is just telling him its time.

It would suck for Jurgens to have to wait another year to really start his career, but its not the worst thing sitting behind a HOF for 2 years and coming in to kill it in your 3rd year. Speaking of the other Kelce. Travis didn't play a snap his rookie year & his second year in the league he turned 25 years old which would be how old Cam would be if he didn't start till his 3rd year.

Yeah the fact that we play the Chiefs next year (though it’ll be at KC) had me thinking it could be an incentive to do one more too.

Wonder if they’d feel good with Jurgy at RG for a year. They clearly like getting him on the field and in space already.

It’s possible but the podcast, all his charity stuff he’s getting started….feels like Jason’s last year. But yeah a bad taste finish could get him back to give it another go.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah the fact that we play the Chiefs next year (though it’ll be at KC) had me thinking it could be an incentive to do one more too.

You're right. Got them mixed up with the Bills. 

Was just thinking earlier about potential Super Bowl match-ups & how if we play the Bills and win then that would be the NFL Kickoff game. Of course if we meet the Chiefs and lose then we'll be opening our season in KC.

Wonder if they’d feel good with Jurgy at RG for a year. They clearly like getting him on the field and in space already.

Yeah, I haven't even given much thought to him at RG, but he'll have had a full season + an offseason in a NFL weight room which should help if they wanna put him there for a year. I hope Isaac gets his nice pay day (probably his last significant one) from somebody this off-season cause he's been under appreciated and there is so many teams that could use a steady guard like him.

It’s possible but the podcast, all his charity stuff he’s getting started….feels like Jason’s last year. But yeah a bad taste finish could get him back to give it another go.

Yeah true.

I'll be content with whatever decision he makes, cause I know he's given this organization everything he's had for over a decade. It's still gonna suck to see him go when the time comes though. One of the greatest examples of what it means to be an Eagle.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You're right. Got them mixed up with the Bills. 

Was just thinking earlier about potential Super Bowl match-ups & how if we play the Bills and win then that would be the NFL Kickoff game. Of course if we meet the Chiefs and lose then we'll be opening our season in KC.

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Could definitely see some of those be game 1, unless they don’t want to burn them early.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I haven't even given much thought to him at RG, but he'll have had a full season + an offseason in a NFL weight room which should help if they wanna put him there for a year. I hope Isaac gets his nice pay day (probably his last significant one) from somebody this off-season cause he's been under appreciated and there is so many teams that could use a steady guard like him.

Yeah I hope for his sake he can go somewhere solid and get paid. Don’t know the Jags needs but could see Doug signing him or Steichen signing him wherever he goes. Or really just any of the rookie QB deal teams.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <