> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Every time I see Stetson Bennett, I wonder how he's not Jewish. That hair and eyebrows...was he adopted? He looks almost exactly like my Uncle Mike at that age. I'm claiming Stetson as a brother and the greatest Jewish college QB of all time.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Every time I see Stetson Bennett, I wonder how he's not Jewish. That hair and eyebrows...was he adopted? He looks almost exactly like my Uncle Mike at that age. I'm claiming Stetson as a brother and the greatest Jewish college QB of all time.

Every time I see Stetson Bennett throw a pass I wonder how Georgia hasn't found someone better to replace him. 

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Rising wasn't looking all that good before he got hurt, but Utah in general just looked overwhelmed by Penn State. I like that Penn State safety.

Ji'Ayir Brown?

He seems like a round 4-5 guy to me at this point, I watch them fairly often.

He's a playmaker, but also does make mistakes. Definitely not as high on him as I was on Brisker last year. 

Brown had 10 interceptions during his 2 seasons starting at Penn State, and 4.5 sacks as a safety  this past year.

29 minutes ago, Danger said:

Ji'Ayir Brown?

He seems like a round 4-5 guy to me at this point, I watch them fairly often.

He's a playmaker, but also does make mistakes. Definitely not as high on him as I was on Brisker last year. 

Brown had 10 interceptions during his 2 seasons starting at Penn State, and 4.5 sacks as a safety  this past year.

Yea Brown. He's def not Brisker, but he seems like a solid, like you said, round 4-5 safety that could end up better than his draft position.

What do you think about Porter Jr?

Edited by Jeezla

32 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yea Brown. He's def not Brisker, but he seems like a solid, like you said, round 4-5 safety that could end up better than his draft position.

What do you think about Porter Jr?

I think right now he's properly rated. He usually is pretty tight in coverage, a good tackler, plenty athletic, but can get a bit handsy at times. I think Ringo's a bit overrated and all of these guys right now are mid 1st round grades for me.

(no order)
Porter Jr.
Ringo
Christian Gonzalez
Cam Smith

Then the next guys on my radar are

1. Devon Witherspoon
2. Eli Ricks
3. Nehemiah Pritchett

If I was putting together a team of prospects from this class (That I've actually watched at least 1 tape of, or watched live):

QB - Young - Stroud - Duggan
RB - Charbonnet - Abanikanda - Corum (Haven't watched Gibbs/Bijan/Achane/Evans)
TE - Kinkaid - Tucker Kraft - Josh Whyle (Still haven't watched Mayer)
WR1 - Addison - Johnston (Haven't watched Hyatt/Rice/Dell/Hutchinson/A lot)
WR2 - JSN - Downs
WR3 - Flowers - Jarrett 
LT - Paris - Anton (Haven't watched Broderick/Dawand/Darnell/several others)
LG - Bergeron - McFadden
C - Oluwatimi - Stromberg (Haven't watched Schmitz/Wypler/Van PRan)
RG - Skoronski - Beebe
RT - Freeland 

Pretty much all my OG's would be OT converts.

DE1 - Anderson II - Murphy or Harrison (I need to watch him more)
DT1 - Carter (Still haven't watched, but he's obvi DT1) - Kancey
(I watched like 2 minutes of Gervon, Bresee, and Roy- but was not impressed. I'll watch em again down the road)
DT2 - Karl Brooks - Gabe Hall 
DE2 - Verse - Foskey
OLB - Simpson - Pappoe
MLB - Drew Sanders - SirVocea Dennis (I might actually trust SirVocea to start over Drew)
CB1 - Porter JR - Forbes
CB2 - Witherspoon - Gonzalez
FS - Joseph - Smith 
SS - Battle - Skinner

P - Bryce Barringer or Adam Korsak

Edited by Jeezla

On 1/2/2023 at 7:42 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Bijan could potentially go top 20. His talent is certainly deserving of it, but positional value.

I see Gibbs often mocked in the late 1st (usually to the Eagles), but I don't think we take him there. I think he's more likely to go round 2.

Yeah first round nevermind. 2nd on I'll start to pound the desk 4 him

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yeah first round nevermind. 2nd on I'll start to pound the desk 4 him

If we drafted Gibbs we would probably have the smallest RB trio of all time. I also don’t think we utilize our backs as receivers nearly enough to get the most out of Jahmyr.

So anywhere from 10-16 depending on results this weekend? Need a Titans win, Saints Loss. 🤞

Eagles have more riding on Week 18 than playoff implications

Eagles fans could have plenty to celebrate after Week 18: the NFC's No. 1 seed, their first division title since 2019, a first-round bye and even a top-16 draft pick. Philly acquired the Saints' first-rounder this year in a trade with New Orleans prior to last year's draft, and while the value of this pick has see-sawed over the course of the campaign, it's currently sitting at No. 11 overall. The pick is not likely to improve to anything better than No. 10 after this weekend because all three six-win teams have far lower strength of schedules (SOS) than the 7-9 Saints (.510). But a Titans win on Saturday night and a Saints loss to Carolina on Sunday would likely move New Orleans up one slot. Meanwhile, that relatively low SOS is also one of the reasons why the Saints' pick shouldn't end up any worse than No. 16 overall, as it would break ties with most of the teams that could also finish with eight wins (the Jags, Patriots, Seahawks -- all currently in the playoff field and with lower SOSs -- are the exceptions).

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <