2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

To the Darnold fans can you please point me to a QB that turned it over as much as he does in college that went onto have NFL success?

if not why is Darnold different? I see the wow throws. I also saw wow throws from Derek Anderson 

edit it to add. I see the tools, I see the leadership but so many guys have had tools, leardership and had far fewer turnovers yet still busted hard. Why is Darnold different?

this is coming from someone who wants to like him. I’m pulling for him

12 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

To the Darnold fans can you please point me to a QB that turned it over as much as he does in college that went onto have NFL success?

if not why is Darnold different? I see the wow throws. I also saw wow throws from Derek Anderson 

edit it to add. I see the tools, I see the leadership but so many guys have had tools, leardership and had far fewer turnovers yet still busted hard. Why is Darnold different?

this is coming from someone who wants to like him. I’m pulling for him

Matt Ryan 29 Interceptions Jr & Sr. Year

Sam Darnold 22 Interceptions Fr and So Year

2 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

How’s it look when you add fumbles?

Don't know cannot find a site with Fumbles. You find one and I'll tally it for ya

Here are some more guy who like to throw the ball to the other team

Ben Roethlisberger 21 Interceptions

DeShaun Watson 30 Interceptions

Matthew Stafford 20 Interceptions

Eli Manning 25 Inteceptions

31 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Don't know cannot find a site with Fumbles. You find one and I'll tally it for ya

11 fumbles this year, 8 lost. 9 fumbles last year 5 lost.

33 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

More than I thought it would be, he still scares me... but I won’t hate the pick

That was huge talent mismatch. As I've been saying for a long time, USC are massively overrated. Darnold has carried them winning 21 games and losing 4. Tonight is a hard one to evaluate and important not to overreact because that o-line was eaten alive by the Ohio State d-line.

He threw a really bad pick but the whole game was littered with great throws to the sidelines, dropping it in the bucket. The refs also left a few obvious pass interference calls on the field. He also showed that he has good mobility and very proficient at throwing on the run.

The turnovers don't bother me hugely because there have been numerous great NFL QBs that had the same issue, if not threw even more in college. What bothers me is Clay Helton and Tee Martin. Awful, predictable offense that Darnold needs to move on from. The running game, the backs motioning out to a fake swing pass. All so predictable and Ohio State were left to feast on Darnold all night.

If we give him a progressive coaching staff and patience, there's no reason he can't be really good. He's still got a lot of room to develop.

I'm all for us signing Alex Smith and letting Darnold sit.

Also want to add I am VERY interested in what Baker does during the playoffs. I don't like that he throws to wide open players and doesn't have to throw with much anticipation, but there's no denying his accuracy is in point and well, he's just a massive winner with stats as efficient as you can get.

If he goes into the playoffs and rips up two NFL caliber defenses... I'm not sure how one can continue to deny him.

7 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Also want to add I am VERY interested in what Baker does during the playoffs. I don't like that he throws to wide open players and doesn't have to throw with much anticipation, but there's no denying his accuracy is in point and well, he's just a massive winner with stats as efficient as you can get.

If he goes into the playoffs and rips up two NFL caliber defenses... I'm not sure how one can continue to deny him.

Age is such a factor for me personally so it’s hard to compare Darnold to Mayfield.

No one was hyping Mayfield after he threw a pair of picks and was blown out last year by OSU (despite getting 170 ish yards on the ground from his backs) and he was a year older/more experienced than Darnold is now.

Obviously you want guys who perform well, but part of talent evaluation is projecting what they may become.

I just wonder what Darnold might be doing to college defense in 2 more years? What if he has legit NFL talent all around him?

Darnold had a rough night, no doubt, but it’s hard to criticize a guy when he is getting sacked as soon as he sets his feet. What we did see though were some absolutely all-world throws along the sidelines.  He dropped more throws in the bucket last night than Kizer has all season.

Archived