2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

As much as I don't like Colin Cowherd he actually does have ties with the Darnold family and today he said he'd bet someone 250 dollars that Darnold is returning to USC.

This sucks...so bad

Other reports from a female USC athletic department staffer is that Darnold is returning and has enrolled in classes.

Garbage...

The tank plan didn't work for us...

Dorsey backed himself into a corner by telling Tony Pauline idiotically his opinions when he knew he'd be trying to get back in the league as aGM.

The world knows we don't want Rosen thereby limiting trade value.

No matter what is said...Baker Mayfield is not worth number 1.

Chubb-Fitzpatrick//Chubb-Barkley 2018

The only question is...will Jimmy allow us to pass on a QB again?

Only if by some miracle we can pull Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith.

Sees unlikely...

I don’t think us not wanting Rosen limits the trade value at all.

Even though we don’t want him the Giants surely will and we have the only pick before them.

If Dorsey wanted to he could auction off the 1st pick and take Allen or Baker at 4.

Ideally you leverage the Giants to offer up something similar to what the Bears gave up last year to get Trubisky.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think us not wanting Rosen limits the trade value at all.

Even though we don’t want him the Giants surely will and we have the only pick before them.

If Dorsey wanted to he could auction off the 1st pick and take Allen or Baker at 4.

Ideally you leverage the Giants to offer up something similar to what the Bears gave up last year to get Trubisky.

Fair point.

Question is...are we the only ones that want to "stay away" from Rosen.

i'd have to imagine that someone would covet him as a prospect.

Odd feeling resigning oneself to passing on a QB1 b/c our GM wants to :"stay away."

I feel myself on the Darnold at 1 or trade down train...and it feels so familiar...but I just don't like it.

Ultimately, I'm looking to be convinced on Mayfield in the top 5 b/c I just can't see it.

And I'm at the point where I'd rather have whoevers left of Minkah, Saquon, and Chubb at 4 instead of taking Josh Allen.

So, if no Darnold....trade down and select 2 non QBs in the top 5.

it's starting to look like that's a smart decision especially if we can get a vet QB that would make the rookie not start right away anyway.

Can Jimmy stomach us not selecting a QB?

Will Dorsey force his hand out of desperation?

Why won't Darnold save us from this dystopian hell scape?

That's unbelievably disgusting and selfish from Helton and Martin. I read and heard from their interviews that they were giving Darnold the hard sell to come back.

They are two inept, simpleton 'coaches' that are gambling Darnold's future away to save their own jobs. At the very least he has just given up $20m.

There is absolutely nothing to gain from going back. He will regress. Terrible amateur level coaching, his mechanics will continue to stay unrefined. The competition he faces will continue to be subpar. The schemes and offense he works in will continue to be limited and not up to scratch for developing him to be a pro.

They have screwed him royally. I honestly would not be surprised to see him torn to shreds by the national media over the next year. It was already beginning to happen this year.

No Deontay Burnett, no Ronald Jones.

By halfway through next season I estimate they'll have lost a game, maybe two, the media pressure will be scything and Darnold will be thinking, "what have I done?"

I never trusted Helton. Always thought he was a preachy slimeball and an awful coach that was manipulating Darnold to save his own skin. This is really bad in my opinion.

You have put a 20 year old's career in jeopardy to try and ensure yours remains stable.

Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

So, are Rosen and Darnold waiting for the other to declare/not declare to make their decision?  Perhaps I'm in the minority but if it were me, I would just talk to family in regards to a decision this big.  Too many people outside of family have ulterior motives and having so many other people talking to you can just be information overload.  I just want them to make their decisions and get it over with.

Peace!!! 

It be smarter to come out and be a top2 pick than it is to go back to school. I think going back to school has costed guys more than it helped. I don’t think Rosen would be able to improve like Darnold could going back. Rosen is alright pretty develop and has good machanics.  Also a whole new coaching staff at UCLA prolly wouldn’t help either. I just wish they would go after Jed Fisch to be the OC so it would make Rosen happy to be in Cleveland.  

If this whole thing is true and Darnold is returning to school and our GM is an ABSOLUTE IDIOT hating Rosen and/or Rosen WILL NOT play here, this is exactly what I want:

If we can't get Cousins here, then I want to trade a 2nd rounder for Alex Smith. 26 TD, 7 INT, 4,000 yards, success in LITERALLY 10 different NFL offensive systems/playbooks.

I then draft Rosen. If we can't convince him to stay, then I'd trade him for a King's ransom to the NY Giants...or maybe turn this into an enormous bidding war.

From there, I'm taking 2 of the following 3 guys:

*Barkley

*Fitzpatrick

*Chubb

In the 2nd round, we still have 2 picks, so I'm taking a WR like Ridley/Washington and another RB (or if Barkley wasn't taken my STUD) like Guice, Michel, Love, or Chubb.

Archived