candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

10 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

good job. 

I was about22 and i remember Charlie Weis calling him a combo of manning and brady. I thought we had 3 great picks in that draft, thomas, Quinn and Wright. 1 HOF tackel, 1 bust QB and a mediore CB 

I had heard that it was a pick dictated by the wimp Randy Lerner.

nothing to me hurt worse than us drafting Grandpa Weeden in the first round. He was the one guy I did not want us to take, partially b/c of his age, mainly b/c of his age, and for those who were posting back then, I admittedly had a draft crush on Tannehill (and I still think he's an underrated QB). 

To think we could have drafted David Decastro, Dont'a Hightower, Whitney Mercilus, Nick Perry, Harrison Smith, any one of those guys with that same draft pick. 

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

To think we could have drafted David Decastro, Dont'a Hightower, Whitney Mercilus, Nick Perry, Harrison Smith, any one of those guys with that same draft pick. 

Can you imagine having one of the best safeties in the game on this team? With three very solid LBs, a pair of excellent DEs, and lots of young depth at DT including one star potential guy (Ogunjobi)? Jeez. 

Chris Fedor (PD) in a mock draft has the Browns taking Rosen because "Rosen needs less polishing than USC's Sam Darnold, who has only been playing quarterback for about three years after switching from linebacker in high school."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/2018_nfl_mock_draft_all_12_pic.html#incart_big-photo

Darnold has only been playing QB for 3 years?

Is this correct?

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Chris Fedor (PD) in a mock draft has the Browns taking Rosen because "Rosen needs less polishing than USC's Sam Darnold, who has only been playing quarterback for about three years after switching from linebacker in high school."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/2018_nfl_mock_draft_all_12_pic.html#incart_big-photo

Darnold has only been playing QB for 3 years?

Is this correct?

yeah im pretty sure Darnold has only been playing QB since his senior year. DE was DE and TE before that I believe. So in one season as a QB he was able to be given a scholly from USC. 

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

yeah im pretty sure Darnold has only been playing QB since his senior year. DE was DE and TE before that I believe. So in one season as a QB he was able to be given a scholly from USC. 

Seems to me that this is one more reason to pick him.

I see it's about 60/40 Darnold. If Rosen doesn't say what he said....Is it still Darnold? I feel the Browns will trade out anyways. 

The 3 teams going to the Division Championship Games:

Total Defense Ranking:

1. Minnesota 

2. Jacksonville 

4. Philly

Minnesota good running game, veteran game manager at Qb and a dominant D. 

Jacksonville great running game, veteran game manager at Qb and a dominant D.

Philly decent running game, veteran game manager at Qb and a dominant D. If Wentz wasn't injured...I feel they go to the Super Bowl and win.

Then you have Tom Brady, Belicheck and the coordinators. Their Total D is ranked 29. 

The Browns are a middle of the Road D as of now Ranked 14, and that's without a Veteran Qb running this team. Being on the field 60%+ during games and being put in tough situations. Get a Vet to run this team, get a Rb and build this Defense now.

Jacksonville 3 - 13 last year. Built that D, got that RB and trusts in Bortles to not lose the game. 

I'd take that over either one of these guys. 

26 minutes ago, dawgpound1816 said:

I see it's about 60/40 Darnold. If Rosen doesn't say what he said....Is it still Darnold? I feel the Browns will trade out anyways. 

Total Defense Ranking:

1. Minnesota 

2. Jacksonville 

4. Philly

Philly decent running game, veteran game manager at Qb and a dominant D. If Wentz wasn't injured...I feel they go to the Super Bowl and win.

Then you have Tom Brady, Belicheck and the coordinators. Their Total D is ranked 29. 

The Browns are a middle of the Road D as of now Ranked 14, and that's without a Veteran Qb running this team. Being on the field 60%+ during games and being put in tough situations. Get a Vet to run this team, get a Rb and build this Defense now.

Jacksonville 3 - 13 last year. Built that D, got that RB and trusts in Bortles to not lose the game. 

I have been staunch (alone?) in saying that we use this off season including the draft to finish off the D.

But that doesn't mean not taking Darnold at #1 and building out the D from there because there just aren't any apparent game-changing, standout players on either side of the LOS in this draft to go get in trade down.

After we take Darnold, we can trade down for some picks this year and, more importantly, next.

I'd consider building this defense if there were a bunch of blue chippers at the top of this class. I don't see any. I know people love Chubb and FItzpatrick, but I don't LOVE them. They're good players, but they aren't good enough to justify passing on one of the top QB's. The defensive players that go in the top 10 are not much better than the defensive players that will go in the 2nd round IMO.

On 1/13/2018 at 11:38 PM, H2ThaIzzo said:

I see this post and I think of the guys who are constantly against trading down and only want the best players, the blue chippers, who are only available at the top. Then I think back to the “can’t miss” guys like Blackmon, Richardson or Kalil...

15 hours ago, dawgpound1816 said:

Total Defense Ranking:

1. Minnesota 

2. Jacksonville 

4. Philly

Here's the thing though, we can't go off of one year of data. If you look back at the last five years, on average you only have 1 non-elite QB out of the four teams in the conference championship.

You want to contend for 1-2 years? An elite defense and very good running game can do that. You want to contend for 5+ years, you have to have a top 8 QB.

Also your script isn't really right. Bortles isn't a game manager, the easiest throws are the ones he often struggle bus's the most. His game is predicated more on taking some deep shots and scrambling. And the Eagles aren't in the #1 seed (maaaaybe a wildcard team) if Foles is starting all year. They are there because they got a bye and a home game on the back of an up and coming elite QB. 

We haven't taken a QB higher than #22 in 18 years. We've been awful that whole time, and the one guy we took high is the best QB we've had, the roster just wasn't ready for him. We have excellent pieces on both lines and at LB, change of pace RB, and TE. Use our cap space and other draft picks to shore up CB/FS, WR, and power RB, and this is a team ready to support a elite QB. And we happened to get the #1 pick in a draft with at least four guys who have very solid arguments to be first round picks. There have been maaaaybe 2-3 "no risk" QB prospects in the last twenty years. Roethlisberger had risk, Ryan had risk, Wentz has risk.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Take the freaking QB.

I have Rosen now ranked as my third QB.....I've seen his body language and now have seen him in interviews.....even though he's my third QB, I still would not draft him, because his attitude and body language remind me of as if Jay Cutler and Eli Manning go together and had a kid...

1. Sam Darnold

2. Baker Mayfield

3. Josh Rosen

4. Luke Faulk

5. Josh Allen

Archived