2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I have Rosen now ranked as my third QB.....I've seen his body language and now have seen him in interviews.....even though he's my third QB, I still would not draft him, because his attitude and body language remind me of as if Jay Cutler and Eli Manning go together and had a kid...

1. Sam Darnold

2. Baker Mayfield

3. Josh Rosen

4. Luke Faulk

5. Josh Allen

That's a legit concern. I think I'm less worried about it since his teammates and coaches seem to really like him, but I definitely get it.

That 4/5 though man... Those guys, especially Falk, over Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph is just... ick. Like, Allen at least has the elite physical tools. Falk might have the weakest arm in the draft and wasn't very good this year against PAC12 defenses (which were pretty much as bad as the BIG12).

4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I have Rosen now ranked as my third QB.....I've seen his body language and now have seen him in interviews.....even though he's my third QB, I still would not draft him, because his attitude and body language remind me of as if Jay Cutler and Eli Manning go together and had a kid...

1. Sam Darnold

2. Baker Mayfield

3. Josh Rosen

4. Luke Faulk

5. Josh Allen

I could listen to the first three QB's on your list...but then you have Luke Faulk, who's not even as good as Luke Falk from Washington. I've never heard of Luke Faulk even. Luke Falk, however, was benched this season by his COLLEGE TEAM. They run an air raid system that caters to QB's and allows them to put up mutant numbers. Luke Falk might not get drafted. The fact that you have him in your top 4 is perplexing. I'm willing to bet you haven't watched Falk this season if you're putting him in the 1st round discussion (I'm assuming at least 4 QB's go in R1 this year)

There's nothing wrong with Eli Manning or Jay Cutler in terms of their demeanor. If Josh Rosen is as physically talented as they say he is (SPOILER: He's pretty damn good), his demeanor shouldn't scare teams away from him. The fact that he would pull an Eli Manning on us in terms of not wanting to play here is another story, but if I'm a different organization--or if he didn't make those Cleveland comments--I'm not worried about him in the slightest. He isn't Johnny Manziel out there. He's not a druggie loser. He's a little arrogant, but so what? If he's a great player and not a complete piece of crap human being, I'd have no problems taking him #1 overall. Demeanor isn't that important to me unless you're disrespectful to coaches and/or truly don't care about your profession. Given that he's got elite mechanics and comes from a pro style offense where he handled a LOT more than most of these spread QB's did in college, I'm willing to bet he cares about his profession as an NFL QB. That being said, I still prefer Darnold over him and don't think Baker Mayfield is that far behind him either. I actually love Baker Mayfield and find him the most polarizing...I just don't know if I could justify passing on Darnold for Baker at this point in time.

23 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

That's a legit concern. I think I'm less worried about it since his teammates and coaches seem to really like him, but I definitely get it.

That 4/5 though man... Those guys, especially Falk, over Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph is just... ick. Like, Allen at least has the elite physical tools. Falk might have the weakest arm in the draft and wasn't very good this year against PAC12 defenses (which were pretty much as bad as the BIG12).

I respect your assessment as always....

Lamar Jackson I dont think is an NFL QB.....two of my first cousins are graduates from and season ticket holders to Louisville football....I've been talking football with them for years. From what I've seen and their assessments (they have watched that kid for years in person) they feel he lacks the accuracy and mechanics to be an NFL QB....I like his tools.....huge arm and nice wheels.....to some it sounds like Mike Vick/Randle Cunningham....to some it sounds like RG3....

Some feel Falk has an adequate arm strength...from what I've seen he does....I like his mechanics....I like that he seems to already know how to look off coverage and I like his leadership in the huddle.

I forgot to add....I've watched Mason Rudolph since HS (He's from SC boy....I always know my home state talent).....not really impressive to me....

Luke Falk's arm is fine.

He made every throw one wants last year with accuracy and adequate velocity.

It's not amazing but it's certainly is as strong as Kevin Hogan's.

He played with a broken wrist all year after the second game.

He said he couldn't steady the ball with his off hand on throws without messing up his wrist so he tried to sling it one handed a lot.

Throwing one handed it's impossible to put enough torque and force on the ball.

patting the ball is necessary prep for throwing.

19 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I could listen to the first three QB's on your list...but then you have Luke Faulk, who's not even as good as Luke Falk from Washington. I've never heard of Luke Faulk even. Luke Falk, however, was benched this season by his COLLEGE TEAM. They run an air raid system that caters to QB's and allows them to put up mutant numbers. Luke Falk might not get drafted. The fact that you have him in your top 4 is perplexing. I'm willing to bet you haven't watched Falk this season if you're putting him in the 1st round discussion (I'm assuming at least 4 QB's go in R1 this year)

There's nothing wrong with Eli Manning or Jay Cutler in terms of their demeanor. If Josh Rosen is as physically talented as they say he is (SPOILER: He's pretty damn good), his demeanor shouldn't scare teams away from him. The fact that he would pull an Eli Manning on us in terms of not wanting to play here is another story, but if I'm a different organization--or if he didn't make those Cleveland comments--I'm not worried about him in the slightest. He isn't Johnny Manziel out there. He's not a druggie loser. He's a little arrogant, but so what? If he's a great player and not a complete piece of crap human being, I'd have no problems taking him #1 overall. Demeanor isn't that important to me unless you're disrespectful to coaches and/or truly don't care about your profession. Given that he's got elite mechanics and comes from a pro style offense where he handled a LOT more than most of these spread QB's did in college, I'm willing to bet he cares about his profession as an NFL QB. That being said, I still prefer Darnold over him and don't think Baker Mayfield is that far behind him either. I actually love Baker Mayfield and find him the most polarizing...I just don't know if I could justify passing on Darnold for Baker at this point in time.

OK....let me deal with this in sections....you seem angry here....

First and Foremost he was not benched.....he was pulled from a game (the arizona game) when the coach felt like the team needed a spark in that game...so he was pulled at halftime....benching is when they decide to go with someone else as the starter for the game.....IMO.

Secondly you say that they run an air raid system that allows them to put up huge numbers.....news flash, a LOT of teams run spread offenses where kids are not up under center....for example the QB's coming out over the past couple of years....lets take a look...the top QB two years ago was Jarred Golf, he came from the spread...lets look at 4 of the top 5 QB's last year Turbisky, Webb, Pat Maholms and Kizer all played in spread offenses......several of the QB's coming out this year  (Who you would rank ahead of Falk) also play in spread offenses. This year, Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph...pretty much all except for Rosen and Darnold played in spread/shotgun/no pro style offenses.

If you were willing to bet that I didnt watch Luke Falk this year.....then you my friend would loose money....so bet small.....I watched him 4 times this year....Oregon, Oregon St., Stanford and a little bit of the Washington game.....

Where I rank the QB's I like and where they go in the draft do not define one another. I admit there are QB's that I tend to like a lot more than other folks...I've had AJ Mccarron, Garret Grayson and other off brand QB's in my top 5 before. I like Falk a lot more than most.....also solid effort on catching the spelling Mistake.....my bad I was writing it while I was replacing a mother board in a laptop at work.....Great Job

The last point is were we have to agree to disagree.....I absolutely think attitude at certain positions is important.....like Tony Damato said in Any Given Sunday..."Your a QB KID!!!!....NOT some Flash in the pan diva WR!!!.....A G.D. QB KID!!!!.....THE top SPOT..." Leadership is more important to me than arm strength when looking at QB's. And if your saying that Eli Manning body language and awww shucks demeanor AND Cutlers me first, stand offish's attitude.......a QB's attitude is huge....I dont care about his skill set is...Imagine if Arron Rogers complained about his WR's dropping a pass every time it happened? Or Tom Brady continually questioning play calling in the media? That will kill a team quicker than a plane crash....

15 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Luke Falk's arm is fine.

He made every throw one wants last year with accuracy and adequate velocity.

It's not amazing but it's certainly is as strong as Kevin Hogan's.

He played with a broken wrist all year after the second game.

He said he couldn't steady the ball with his off hand on throws without messing up his wrist so he tried to sling it one handed a lot.

Throwing one handed it's impossible to put enough torque and force on the ball.

patting the ball is necessary prep for throwing.

That's AFC North TOUGHNESS.....which is Another reason why I like him so much

https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Article/Washington-State-football-QB-Luke-Falk-played-season-with-broken-wrist-worsening-condition-forced-surgery-before-bowl-game-112939862

This kid plays with a Broken Wrist....Josh Rosen sits out of games with sore ribs, or just because he dosent want to risk getting injured in the team he's supposed to be the leader of in their bowl game....IJS

@DaWg_LB.

In defense of Falk some, Falk was like a basketball player shooting without their guide hand this year.

With a broken wrist, he couldn't guide and press the ball to generate the necessary force headed into his throwing motion.

The 2016 tape is the real Luke Falk in terms of arm ability.

He regressed a lot this year. And being a guy with average arm talent, he couldn't overcome a lot of his physical limitations this year resulting from injury.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

@DaWg_LB.

In defense of Falk some, Falk was like a basketball player shooting without their guide hand this year.

With a broken wrist, he couldn't guide and press the ball to generate the necessary force headed into his throwing motion.

The 2016 tape is the real Luke Falk in terms of arm ability.

He regressed a lot this year. And being a guy with average arm talent, he couldn't overcome a lot of his physical limitations this year resulting from injury.

Look at his numbers his Soph and JR year also....I started hearing about this kid as a soph....

2 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

That's AFC North TOUGHNESS.....which is Another reason why I like him so much

https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Article/Washington-State-football-QB-Luke-Falk-played-season-with-broken-wrist-worsening-condition-forced-surgery-before-bowl-game-112939862

This kid plays with a Broken Wrist....Josh Rosen sits out of games with sore ribs, or just because he dosent want to risk getting injured in the team he's supposed to be the leader of in their bowl game....IJS

Oh...you're out your mind if you think Falk is better than Rosen.

Rosen sat out because of 2 concussions in a 2 months span or something like that.

Concussion issues more than anything worry me about Rosen.

I had no problem with Rosen sitting out.

Falk is tough as nails, but beyond the injury he has issues with processing the game and letting the ball go.

I like him a ton last year and I'd love to take him late rounds and stash him on the practice squad.

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Oh...you're out your mind if you think Falk is better than Rosen.

Rosen sat out because of 2 concussions in a 2 months span or something like that.

Concussion issues more than anything worry me about Rosen.

I had no problem with Rosen sitting out.

Falk is tough as nails, but beyond the injury he has issues with processing the game and letting the ball go.

I like him a ton last year and I'd love to take him late rounds and stash him on the practice squad.

Where did I say Falk was better than Rosen? In words or reflection? Earlier in the year I had him ranked ahead of Rosen and that was due to me not having had a chance to watch Rosen as of yet. Rosen has better Arm Strength, Athleticism, Down Field Accuracy (not short and intermediate) and Rosen played in a Pro Style offense...so that make him a better immediate pro prospect. I think Falk is a better leader, has better Pocket Presence, tougher physically and mentally, and I think Falk has better intangibles.

1. Sam Darnold

2. Josh Rosen

Distant 3. Josh Allen based on tools but the reality is I'd rather say there isn't a third guy. He's a 57% passer and destined to fail.

I'd also give some consideration to Josh Rosen ahead of Sam Darnold if I were certain teams, and if his personality and attitude were a bit cleaner and trustworthy.

For Cleveland, Sam Darnold feels like the perfect fit.

Archived