2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Agreed. It's a real issue. Played with a bad team, but also played against bad teams. You should still be a champ in that set of circumstances if you're as physically talented as him.

No good QB in the league was even close to his college completion percentage. It's a problem.

I don’t need to see amazing even, how about just very good? Or good even?

1 game with over 300 yards this past season? 7 UNDER 200 yards? 2 UNDER 100 YARDS?!?!??  

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t need to see amazing even, how about just very good? Or good even?

1 game with over 300 yards this past season? 7 UNDER 200 yards? 2 UNDER 100 YARDS?!?!??  

Throw in the 1 to 8 TD to INT ratio against quality opponents and never having a completion percentage 60% or better and that's an absolute DEAL BREAKER for me, and I don't care about the tools he possesses. If that's the case, we should stick with Kizer, who has a very comparable skill set and is roughly the same age, if not younger.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Throw in the 1 to 8 TD to INT ratio against quality opponents and never having a completion percentage 60% or better and that's an absolute DEAL BREAKER for me, and I don't care about the tools he possesses. If that's the case, we should stick with Kizer, who has a very comparable skill set and is roughly the same age, if not younger.

Kizer had a better resume against better comp in college if we’re being honest.

Im still not sold he’s a lost cause either.

I just want “the best”, not “the best potential”.

47 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Kizer had a better resume against better comp in college if we’re being honest.

Im still not sold he’s a lost cause either.

I just want “the best”, not “the best potential”.

Yep, exactly the point I was trying to make.

I'd still keep Kizer as my 3rd string/developmental guy, and HOPEFULLY here's what happens:

2018: Draft Darnold, have him SIT a full year, have a journeyman/solid QB (Alex Smith please, if not, Tyrod Taylor, a HEALTHY Bradford/Bridgewater, etc.), and Kizer

2019: Trade 2018 veteran starter/let him go via free agency after a 1 year deal or 2 years with a walk-away/release option for year 2, Darnold and Kizer as the backup

2020: Hopefully a FRANCHISE QB in Darnold and a nice back-up/trade asset in Kizer.

JMHO 

19 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-wkus-mike-white-a-favorite-of-john-dorsey/

th?id=OIP.bRTGXuMVaGTUqXdtHTC2qgHaEC&pid=15.1&P=0&w=320&h=175

Why can't we just take Sam and call it a day? Come out and say "Hey all the cat is out of the bag!!! We're picking Sam Darnold and calling it a great start to an epic draft." 

that is all

mastercheddaar

I think Mike White is actually a very good prospect. I watched about 15 QBs after I watched all the top rated guys and he was far and away the best. He works the pocket well all while keeping his eyes down field. He can clearly read a defense. He has a legit NFL arm. He has the frame. He most certainly has every tool needed to be a franchise QB. The level of competition was his biggest negative for me and that not a huge knock being that you can only play whats in front of you. I honestly moved him about Jackson, Ferguson and Allen. All of which I tagged with a 3rd round grade. Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen obviously have higher ceilings with their elite traits but I don't see the stars aligning for either of them. Just don't see it. I think Mike White has one of if not the highest floor of all the QBs in this draft.  

27 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I think Mike White is actually a very good prospect. I watched about 15 QBs after I watched all the top rated guys and he was far and away the best. He works the pocket well all while keeping his eyes down field. He can clearly read a defense. He has a legit NFL arm. He has the frame. He most certainly has every tool needed to be a franchise QB. The level of competition was his biggest negative for me and that not a huge knock being that you can only play whats in front of you. I honestly moved him about Jackson, Ferguson and Allen. All of which I tagged with a 3rd round grade. Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen obviously have higher ceilings with their elite traits but I don't see the stars aligning for either of them. Just don't see it. I think Mike White has one of if not the highest floor of all the QBs in this draft.  

Mike White is a great late round prospect...

He's a slower athlete, less elite pocket poise, blitz avoidance, weaker weaker armed Jared Goff.

I don't know about level of competition every year they play 3 big time schools and White typically shows out.

Moving him above Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen is madness though man.

I think someone takes him 3rd round and is happy with the value they get.

6 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Mike White is a great late round prospect...

He's a slower athlete, less elite pocket poise, blitz avoidance, weaker weaker armed Jared Goff.

I don't know about level of competition every year they play 3 big time schools and White typically shows out.

Moving him above Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen is madness though man.

I think someone takes him 3rd round and is happy with the value they get.

I think he actually has good pocket poise. He never seems worried about the rush. He is always looking down field while under pressure. You don't find that often in college QBs. His arm is not elite by any means but I think you discredit it too much. I have seen several throws that traveled 50+ yards in the air and one that went 55 yard in the air and these throws did not float either. Mason Rudolph has a lot of deep balls that float on the way there and people say he has a great arm. Mike White's deep balls get to the target with better zip than Rudolph's.

I agree with 3rd round and that is also where I would rank Jackson and Allen. I just don't see it with those guys. I see a head case who cannot keep his cool with Josh Allen. He will never be a good leader and his accuracy is next level bad.

2 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I think he actually has good pocket poise. He never seems worried about the rush. He is always looking down field while under pressure. You don't find that often in college QBs. His arm is not elite by any means but I think you discredit it too much.

For what it's worth I tend to agree with this. Having seen a few of his games, I was very impressed with his pocket poise. He stepped up in the pocket and kept his eyes downfield. His arm isn't elite but it's definitely NFL starter caliber.

I'm firmly on the Kirk Cousins bandwagon and if not Cousins than Sam Darnold, but Mike White isn't a bad prospect at all. I could see him being pretty good.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

He is someone I would want if we sign Kirk Cousins. Draft him in the mid rounds. However operation sign a vet and draft Sam should be in full effect. 

that is all

mastercheddaar

Archived