candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

43 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I read and watched.

Somehow I feel you skewed this in favor of Darnold, because his play hands down was the best.

No way...I actually felt that Darnold's game was the third best of the 3.

Rosen was absolutely exceptional in that game. Unbelievable deep ball touch. intermediate pinpoint accuracy. Beyond that 1 interception, his play was anything and everything you'd want from a QB1.

Baker was flawless against Iowa St. It's like pitching a perfect game. He was dynamic in the pocket and on the run. It wasn't his best statistical outing, but he was pure QB1 in that game. It doesn't get much better.

If you liked Darnold's the most, I think out of those 3 games it more so says something about you and what you're looking for or really a particular QB style or offensive play style that you prefer which is fine.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

If you liked Darnold's the most, I think out of those 3 games it more so says something about you and what you're looking for or really a particular QB style or offensive play style that you prefer which is fine.

I liked the only QB who won.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:42 AM, Mind Character said:

John Dorsey will draft Baker Mayfield number 1 overall. Book it. I'd put a lot of money on it.

https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma/former-nfl-gm-says-draft-baker-mayfield-franchise-quarterback

Scot McCloughan thinks Baker Mayfield “....reminds me of a shorter version of Brett Favre."

And he would rather build around him than Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, and Josh Allen.

McCloughan and Dorsey are pees in a pod.

As I predicted first, Dorsey will take Mayfield number 1.

Everyone hates Hue, but it may be up to Hue and his USC Sam Darnold love to save us...by going all in on Sam Darnold.

Maybe Todd Haley, Ken Zampese, and Hue can unify for Team Darnold??

Will the triumvirate of Eliot Wolf, Highsmith, and Dorsey band together behind their next "smaller Favre" and override the coaches decision?

Will this debate ultimately undo the potentially honeymoon period between Dorsey and Hue?

Will Jimmy Haslam actually side with Hue and undermine his GM to go with Darnold?

For answers to this and more, tune in next time to your favorite show "meathead Dorsey's taking Baker number 1."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Did I mention that I hate this time of the year?

And even more I hate that we're going to freaking pass on Sam Darnold after years of losing and somehow getting the number 1 overall pick......

Oh by the way, I saw Sashi at a strip club with Kenny Britt, and he told me that he would've selected Sam Darnold...

41 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Will Jimmy Haslam actually side with Hue and undermine his GM to go with Darnold?

If it all plays out that way, let's hope so.

Wouldn't that be ironic: Haslam injecting himself with a right result.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma/former-nfl-gm-says-draft-baker-mayfield-franchise-quarterback

Scot McCloughan thinks Baker Mayfield “....reminds me of a shorter version of Brett Favre."

And he would rather build around him than Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, and Josh Allen.

McCloughan and Dorsey are pees in a pod.

As I predicted first, Dorsey will take Mayfield number 1.

Everyone hates Hue, but it may be up to Hue and his USC Sam Darnold love to save us...by going all in on Sam Darnold.

Maybe Todd Haley, Ken Zampese, and Hue can unify for Team Darnold??

Will the triumvirate of Eliot Wolf, Highsmith, and Dorsey band together behind their next "smaller Favre" and override the coaches decision?

Will this debate ultimately undo the potentially honeymoon period between Dorsey and Hue?

For answers to this and more, tune in next time to your favorite show "meathead Dorsey's taking Baker number 1."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Did I mention that I hate this time of the year?

And even more I hate that we're going to freaking pass on Sam Darnold after years of losing and somehow getting the number 1 overall pick......

Oh by the way, I saw Sashi at a strip club with Kenny Britt, and he told me that he would've selected Sam Darnold...

I fail to see how taking Baker Mayfield who is easily the most skilled pocket passer in this draft is a bad thing.

Not that Darnold is a bad thing--but hating taking Baker Mayfield just because he has a sometimes overly shows his emotions is dumb. But the comparisons are the same--Mayfield is Tyrod Taylor with much better pocket passing ability. I could almost see him being very similar to Derek Carr.

At the end of the day, Just dont take Josh Allen and Im happy.

Just now, bruceb said:

Huh?

He bails way too quickly.

I dont know about that. From the 3-4 games I have seen from him he goes through progressions and all of the people at the Senior Bowl said what impressed them the most is that he throws with anticipation and he can work through reads.

Are you saying that Mayfield is a 1 read and scramble QB?

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

No.

Just saying that he does not move in or up in the pocket before putting his head down and moving.

Got it, well here are the stats I said I would look up in a previous post when I said Mayfield if he were 2 inches taller would be the best prospect since Andrew Luck..

Baker Mayfield- 71%- - 41td/5int -- 4,340yds -- 204rtg

Russell Wilson- 72% -- 33td/4int -- 3,175yds -- 191rtg

Andrew Luck- 71% -- 37td/10int -- 3,517yds -- 169rtg

Marcus Mariota- 68% -- 42td/4int -- 4,454yds -- 182rtg

Derek Carr- 68% -- 50td/8int -- 5,083 -- 156rtg

Mitch Trubisky- 68% -- 30td/6int --  3,748yds -- 157rtg

Deshaun Watson- 67% -- 41td/17int -- 4,593yds -- 151rtg

Cam Newton- 66% -- 30td/7int -- 2,854yds -- 182rtg

Jameis Winston- 65% -- 25td/18int -- 3,907yds -- 145rtg

Jared Goff- 64% -- 43td/13int -- 4,714 -- 161rtg

Carson Wentz- 63% -- 25td/10int -- 3,111yds -- 152rtg

Sam Darnold- 63% -- 26td/12int -- 3,787yds -- 151rtg

Josh Rosen- 62% -- 26td/10int -- 3,717yds -- 146rtg

Lamar Jackson- 60% --25td/6int -- 3,489yds -- 151rtg

Deshone Kizer- 58% -- 26td/9int -- 2,925yds -- 145rtg

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Got it, well here are the stats I said I would look up in a previous post.....for those who are interested.

Baker Mayfield- 71%- - 41td/5int -- 4,340yds -- 204rtg

Russell Wilson- 72% -- 33td/4int -- 3,175yds -- 191rtg

Andrew Luck- 71% -- 37td/10int -- 3,517yds -- 169rtg

Marcus Mariota- 68% -- 42td/4int -- 4,454yds -- 182rtg

Derek Carr- 68% -- 50td/8int -- 5,083 -- 156rtg

Mitch Trubisky- 68% -- 30td/6int --  3,748yds -- 157rtg

Deshaun Watson- 67% -- 41td/17int -- 4,593yds -- 151rtg

Cam Newton- 66% -- 30td/7int -- 2,854yds -- 182rtg

Jameis Winston- 65% -- 25td/18int -- 3,907yds -- 145rtg

Jared Goff- 64% -- 43td/13int -- 4,714 -- 161rtg

Carson Wentz- 63% -- 25td/10int -- 3,111yds -- 152rtg

Sam Darnold- 63% -- 26td/12int -- 3,787yds -- 151rtg

Josh Rosen- 62% -- 26td/10int -- 3,717yds -- 146rtg

Lamar Jackson- 60% --25td/6int -- 3,489yds -- 151rtg

Deshone Kizer- 58% -- 26td/9int -- 2,925yds -- 145rtg

If you're interested

Colt Brennan- 72.6%--58td/12int --5,549yds --186rtg

Brandon Weeden- 72.4%--37td/13int --4,727yds --160rtg

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

If you're interested

Take it for what you will...and please dont bring Colt Brennan into this when he faced Georgia and got ran over 41-10 against real competition. Weeden can be the anomoly and still he is nowhere close to the production of Mayfield. Whats your hated with all-time level accuracy, anticipation and TD/INT ratios? Because hes the size of Tyrod Taylor but with far better pocket passing ability?

Is it because you want Darnold who is by all measures a worse QB than Mayfield but has 'prototypical size'?

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Take it for what you will...and please dont bring Colt Brennan into this when he faced Georgia and got ran over 41-10 against real competition. Weeden can be the anomoly and still he is nowhere close to the production of Mayfield. Whats your hated with all-time level accuracy, anticipation  and TD/INT ratios?

The point is stats don't really mean anything in a vacuum.

It is the context of traditional scouting analysis of quarterbacking characteristics that give the stats meaning and value.

The stats are just used as confirmation of a previously held opinion.

I like Baker a ton, and I've praised his game on this board numerous times; however, I believe Darnold is better and have detailed my reasoning elsewhere.

Using the stats is just a justification for taking Baker.

Baker may indeed be worth the 1st pick, but it's not stats that prove that to be true.

17 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

If you're interested

So, this post has a good point and a bad point that someone could take out of it:

Good point - Stats can be tricky. Raw stats don't always paint a true picture. Gotta combine them with seeing someone for yourself.

Bap point - Don't pay attention to stats because they are tricky. #statsdontmatter

In these cases, Brennan was playing in a non-P5 conference right at the advent of newer spread systems when the few teams that were truly ahead of the curve were producing truly amazing statistical cases. Old man Weeden was, well, old. He was 6-7 years older than everyone else and a fully developed QB.  And he was a really good college QB, just didn't translate to the NFL due to his terrible pocket presence/poise.

3 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

So, this post has a good point and a bad point that someone could take out of it:

Good point - Stats can be tricky. Raw stats don't always paint a true picture. Gotta combine them with seeing someone for yourself.

Bap point - Don't pay attention to stats because they are tricky. #statsdontmatter

In these cases, Brennan was playing in a non-P5 conference right at the advent of newer spread systems when the few teams that were truly ahead of the curve were producing truly amazing statistical cases. Old man Weeden was, well, old. He was 6-7 years older than everyone else and a fully developed QB.  And he was a really good college QB, just didn't translate to the NFL due to his terrible pocket presence/poise.

Right, I could throw up stats of Matt Johnson of Bowling Green 2 years ago and he would look like the best QB of all of them. But logic says he played against MAC teams much like Brennan played in ....lol....Hawaii. Weedens still had flaws in his game as a passer which is why he went 22nd and not 1-5--point is I dont see really ANY flaw in Mayfield as a actual passer and Im still waiting for somebody to prove me wrong that he doesnt do something well backed up by stats.

BTW here is Matt Johnson at BGSU which would slaughter everybody with yards and TD/INT. BUT he played at BG like Brennan played at Hawaii so its null and void.

Matt Johnson- 65% -- 73td/16int -- 8,362 yards -- 160rtg

Archived