2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

It makes me laugh a bit when I hear 'experts' and media guys say things like Josh Allen has the most upside because of his laser arm and athleticism, or Josh Rosen is pro-ready but has a cap because he isn't athletic.

This is why you can go back to college gameday 1999 and find Kirk Herbstreit saying that Michigan should go with Drew Henson because "he has so much more upside than Tom Brady".

The absolute, literal point of the game is to read the opposition in front of you on the field, and throw it to teammates until you get the ball into the end zone. I don't know about anyone else but that sounds like mental acuity and accuracy to me.

It's not to throw it as hard as you can or run as fast you can. There's a reason a limited athlete like Tom Brady has more championships than a special athlete like Cam Newton.

And yes, guess what... Tom Brady ALWAYS had more upside than Cam Newton.

Just like Josh Rosen has more upside than Josh Allen.

Ok so found this quote from Rosen in I assume the same interview of him not wanting to come here on Cleveland.com:

The answer came in response to a question about whether he feels strongly about playing for certain teams, but not specifically about the Browns.

"I think the teams know more than I do in the sense of where I'd best fit," he said. "I might be a bit of a unique personality, so hopefully they can pick me apart and if a team really feels that I'm their guy, hopefully they'll go and get me.''

Ok it sounds like he just wants a team to like him. 

My prediction?  We’ll hear how Rosen would love to play for us. There will be a battle between these guys. It’s now a competition. They both declared close to the same time. Coincidence? Maybe. We still have the pick of the litter. 

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The last slam dunk pick we made had 7 sacks in only 11 games. Just don’t make this more difficult than it has to be.

It depends what parameters are used to establish slam dunk, not that I don't love Garrett and what I expect him to become. That said, he is/was seeming to get injured a bit, and Gruden even questions his consistency in the video you posted and says the Browns should tale Jamal Adams, who has looked great thus far. 

I want this documented in all the QB/Darnold threads so it's official

Daniel Jeremiah made the point on Rich Eisen's show about Dorsey, Green Bay, the small hands thing was important in GB, and Darnold fumbles a lot.

Dorsey is passing on Darnold because of small hands...you heard it here

Small-handgate will reach epic proportions

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

I want this documented in all the QB/Darnold threads so it's official

Daniel Jeremiah made the point on Rich Eisen's show about Dorsey, Green Bay, the small hands thing was important in GB, and Darnold fumbles a lot.

Dorsey is passing on Darnold because of small hands...you heard it here

Small-handgate will reach epic proportions

I hate you

i hate football 

I hate cleveland

thats what this post makes me think

If the Browns pass on BOTH Darnold and Rosen, I'm taking a break from this STUPID ORGANIZATION.

I deserve better.

YOU deserve better.

The city of CLEVELAND deserves better.

Do the right thing at #1 at the QB spot ONE FREAKING TIME. Every simpleton on this forum could do it correctly...it's that simple. This thing is idiot proof, barring some chump new GM coming in to win some imaginary power struggle from a franchise that's won 4 games in 3 years. It's a joke, and not a funny one.

Archived