2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Colts trying to lose it 😂

That’s a special comeback right there…

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I know the ravens are beat up but if they can beat the browns today, with the colts most likely getting a W, it’s gonna drop the browns pick even more. 

Ravens look really bad all around. If the conditions worsen, Watson might make a few key mistakes, but Cleveland seems to have a strong command of this game.

12 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Stingley to IR. I was a fan of taking a CB but I didn’t like Stingley. The knock on him was that he’s injury prone and so far that’s been the case. He’s been decent when healthy. I’m afraid CB is still a need. 

He should have been put on the IR. You don’t risk a soft tissue injury flaring up on a 1-11-1 team. He needs to be healthy for the offseason to learn the new defense 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze said:

Texans are 1.5 games up with 3 games left for the #1 pick. I'm assuming they would have to lose 2 out of 3 to be guaranteed, pending Chicago and Denver losses? Titans, Jags, Colts coming up.

And I really can’t guarantee three losses in there. Titans and Colts look miserable and the Texans just figure out Jacksonville…

Coming down to the wire - let’s hope for some more Mills magic.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

And I really can’t guarantee three losses in there. Titans and Colts look miserable and the Texans just figure out Jacksonville…

Coming down to the wire - let’s hope for some more Mills magic.

Looks like they are guaranteed a top 2 selection. Denver won. 

• Like 2

On 12/15/2022 at 8:15 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

I think stroud has a chance to be the pick but he might need to win a national championship 

Admittedly, I haven’t watched a lot of college football this year. But Dwayne Haskins   Stroud reminds Dwayne Haskins (RIP) in regards to arm strength, offensive system (obvi) and overall athleticism. The main difference is that he has more starts. 

Will Levis reminds me of Carson Wentz with his arm strength and athletic abilities, but maybe a better locker room guy? 

Either at I’m out on both. Which leave us with Bryce Young. Who’s getting a lot of Tua comparisons, but he does seem like he’s a bit more athletic, and doesn’t have the unfortunate injury history of Tua. If he impresses with his arm talent during the draft process, I think the choice has to be him even if he doesn’t fit the preferred measurables.

I could live with this, just sucks that every time we’re in line for the no. 1 pick we’ve never had that undeniable qb prospect available. Seems like they are always a year away. 

On 12/22/2022 at 10:02 AM, ObotimusPrime said:

Admittedly, I haven’t watched a lot of college football this year. But Dwayne Haskins   Stroud reminds Dwayne Haskins (RIP) in regards to arm strength, offensive system (obvi) and overall athleticism. The main difference is that he has more starts. 

I don’t think this is a fair comparison outside of both being OSU QBs. Haskins was a “field side” guy when it came to running an offense, he’d look one way and throw one way. There was no reading coverages, no creating throwing lanes with his head, looking off defenders, throwing guys into spots, etc. Look right, throw right. Look left, throw left. And so on. Haskins was also a statue with 5.0 speed - he wasn’t a running threat at all.

Even though I’m not terribly high on him, Stroud has a great football IQ and the arm to make plays - he can read a defense pre-snap, adjust routes to exploit gaps in coverage and throw it to the open guy cleanly and with velocity or touch; His arm talent is top notch in that respect (assuming he’s throwing from a clean base and clean pocket, he’s not throwing well off script - which is problem nowadays, he’s not an off script QB). In addition, I expect him to run in the 4.5-4.6 range, he’s an underrated athlete.

I’d say his comparison is more like Justin Fields over Dwayne Haskins, but neither are really good comps overall - he’s a lot like Ryan Tannehill as a QB, a guy you can win with if you surround him with a good offense.