2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Young looked pretty good today, I’ll give him that. I think he’s the pick unless stroud wins today. 

One thing to note - he threw 5 TDs to 5 different targets. That tells me he’s not just running a play, he’s reading the defense and going where the openings are. He’s not keying on a WR or his primary target, he’s progressing through the play with his eyes and finding the scoring option.

There is absolutely nothing anyone can do to tell me he isn’t the best QB available and a top 3 selection. If you watch him, you see a pro ready QB with every tangible and intangible trait you would want in a QB.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ET80 said:

One thing to note - he threw 5 TDs to 5 different targets. That tells me he’s not just running a play, he’s reading the defense and going where the openings are. He’s not keying on a WR or his primary target, he’s progressing through the play with his eyes and finding the scoring option.

There is absolutely nothing anyone can do to tell me he isn’t the best QB available and a top 3 selection. If you watch him, you see a pro ready QB with every tangible and intangible trait you would want in a QB.

Part of the equation is coaching too. Will we have the coaching to make him successful?

48 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Part of the equation is coaching too. Will we have the coaching to make him successful?

Bill O’Brien is his current OC. Yeah… THAT Bill O’Brien.

I don’t think he needs much coaching, given that detail. If he can succeed in spite of BoB, pretty much any OC should work out.

21 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Quentin Johnston has been wide open the whole game vs Michigan.  He is going to be real good.  I hope we are able to select him with the Browns 1st.

I like Johnston and think we should draft him - but just because we draft him this year doesn’t mean we shouldn’t draft one of the guys in next draft, that class has a few guys that are better. 

Johnston is a good 1A, but a great 1B to Marvin Harrison Jr.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I like Johnston and think we should draft him - but just because we draft him this year doesn’t mean we shouldn’t draft one of the guys in next draft, that class has a few guys that are better. 

Johnston is a good 1A, but a great 1B to Marvin Harrison Jr.

Speaking of Harrison Jr.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Gimme Stroud over Young.

Then you can add Harrison Jr in 2024

I’m not opposed to Stroud - but I honestly wonder what he looks like when he’s not throwing to two top WRs. Stroud has five different guys who will go in the top two rounds over his career (Olave, Wilson, JSN, Harrison Jr, Egbuka) so what happens when it’s Nico Collins and John Metchie? I just feel he’s capped as far as what he can do, he feels like he’s a product of his supporting cast. If it’s Stroud, I won’t mind - but I think there’s a lot more superstar/franchise changing talent with Young.