2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

Looking slightly ahead. I browsed the Minnesota board to see if there was a chance Chicago could beat them in week 18. From what I gather, Minnesota has a chance to fall anywhere from seed 1-3, so they have alot to play for. Doubtful they rest starters. The Texans on the other hand have a Indy squad who is playing as bad or worse than them. It's a road game but those fans are rooting for losses for draft position as well. Texans very well could be drafting #2. 

If I'm Caserio, I'd make the decision for Lovie and bench those vets. Call it whatever, say your giving your young guys a chance. No Tunsil, no Collins, no Nelson, No Cooks. Save Lovie from himself because he could care less about the big picture and will try to win a meaningless week 18 knowing his job is on the line.  

Securing #1 overall should be the mission, not carrying over a W into next yr when a new staff will probably be in place anyway. When you win 2 games on a season, the players aren't playing for the coach, they are playing for film. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Blaze said:

Looking slightly ahead. I browsed the Minnesota board to see if there was a chance Chicago could beat them in week 18. From what I gather, Minnesota has a chance to fall anywhere from seed 1-3, so they have alot to play for.

Yeah, Vikings are going full bore to get some momentum in the playoffs. Texans have to lose outright, and it looks like Sam Ehlinger will probably get the start. 

If Zack Moss wanted to have a career game, now’s the time.

• Like 1

Saw this on another site. 

"Adam Spolane on 610 mentioned several trade back scenarios, but the one with SEA for #1 was #3, #19 this year and a 2nd rd pick in 2024."

Another reason they need to ensure they get #1 overall. Possible trade backs. Give yourself as many possible options as can be.

• Like 1

Right now my ideal draft is

1. Young (not really my ideal as I made clear but it's going to happen so I'll keep it realistic
1b. Quentin Johnson
2. Siaki Ika
3. Jack Campbell

Address C/G and pass rusher in FA (I would like a pair of Marcus Davenport and Ethan Pocic

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, Vikings are going full bore to get some momentum in the playoffs. Texans have to lose outright, and it looks like Sam Ehlinger will probably get the start. 

If Zack Moss wanted to have a career game, now’s the time.

Listen....what's it gonna take for you guys to give us a big fat L? Do I need to send a check?

14 hours ago, Blaze said:

Looking slightly ahead. I browsed the Minnesota board to see if there was a chance Chicago could beat them in week 18. From what I gather, Minnesota has a chance to fall anywhere from seed 1-3, so they have alot to play for. Doubtful they rest starters. The Texans on the other hand have a Indy squad who is playing as bad or worse than them. It's a road game but those fans are rooting for losses for draft position as well. Texans very well could be drafting #2. 

If I'm Caserio, I'd make the decision for Lovie and bench those vets. Call it whatever, say your giving your young guys a chance. No Tunsil, no Collins, no Nelson, No Cooks. Save Lovie from himself because he could care less about the big picture and will try to win a meaningless week 18 knowing his job is on the line.  

Securing #1 overall should be the mission, not carrying over a W into next yr when a new staff will probably be in place anyway. When you win 2 games on a season, the players aren't playing for the coach, they are playing for film. 

Saturday is gonna coach to win. He wants the job long term. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

Right now my ideal draft is

1. Young (not really my ideal as I made clear but it's going to happen so I'll keep it realistic
1b. Quentin Johnson
2. Siaki Ika
3. Jack Campbell

Address C/G and pass rusher in FA (I would like a pair of Marcus Davenport and Ethan Pocic

I’m not in the young club but if we can give him Johnson, Metchie, Cooks, Collins, and Peirce with Tunsil, Green, Howard and the boys up front. He will be set up to succeed early in if we get a decent coach. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Listen....what's it gonna take for you guys to give us a big fat L? Do I need to send a check?

Oh no, that’s not for sale. Sorry. We haven’t been tanking since last season to come up short now.

You’re gonna win and you’re gonna like it!

• Like 2

Yall saw the Bears are sitting Justin Fields week 18? My original post still stands. Rest all your veterans. Tunsil, Tytus, Hughes, Collins, Nelson. Cooks, King. Do not let a coach that is coaching for his job to cost you valuable resources now and for the future.

Edited by Blaze
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Yall saw the Bears are sitting Justin Fields week 18? My original post still stands. Rest all your veterans. Tunsil, Tytus, Hughes, Collins, Nelson. Cooks, King. Do not let a coach that is coaching for his job to cost you valuable resources now and for the future.

His opinion on the matter is worthless - he’s not going to influence the pick.

2 hours ago, Blaze said:

Good so the bears will have a chance then.