2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

Maybe it's last nights' Moscow mules talking, but I think Hendon Hooker is going to jump into #1 pick discussions today.

He'll clearly outduel Bryce Young - winning might not be on the table, but he'll be heads and shoulders the best QB today.

Looks like I was wrong... on losing. Tennessee just joined the Natty chat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Dude just worked his way into the heisman race for sure 

I’m still skeptical on taking a 25 year old QB in the first round unless he can come in and be a stud year 1 

As Lance Z said, it isn't a positional player. QBs play into their late 30s, Brady and Rodgers are still widely considered top 5 QBs in their 40s (late 30s for Rodgers).

I'm sure Hooker WON'T go #1 - Levis is going to impress at the combine and Anderson is still the prohibitive BPA - but if Hooker is there when the Cleveland pick is on the clock, it's a no brainer IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

It's actually 4 and 5 according to Tankathon.  Imagine if we got 2 top 5 picks. 

The Browns could easily be 2-9 when Watson comes back. They got a TOUGH next 5 games. Then he comes back and they have a much easier schedule, but the cold and weather mixed with his rust and how much motivation the rest of the team has is going to be great for us.

Looking ahead, the Panthers are terrivle and will 100% be taking a QB. Probably picking 1-1. I don’t see how Vegas is this bad, but I don’t really pay much attention to them. Plus they’re hitched to Carr, so they’ll probably go Will Anderson if they’re picking too 3. Detroit has some solid pieces, but they’ll be top 3-5 and take a QB. And Pitt and Wash are 2 that might be around the 5th pick, but I think both will finish behind us and will look at taking a QB.

On 10/15/2022 at 9:12 AM, ET80 said:

Maybe it's last nights' Moscow mules talking, but I think Hendon Hooker is going to jump into #1 pick discussions today.

He'll clearly outduel Bryce Young - winning might not be on the table, but he'll be heads and shoulders the best QB today.

So… in the midst of the glow of this game, I was remiss on one thing: I might be wrong on Bryce Young, he might be a quality QB and a top 10-worthy player.

His arm talent is NFL worthy, and his ability to create off script is very much a modern requirement at the pro level.