2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

On 10/8/2022 at 7:01 PM, ET80 said:

So, I'm not sure if DJ Uialeguiei is getting back to his hype level from back when he caddied for Trevor Lawrence, or the Clemson system makes him look better than he actually his. Just watched him drop a penny from heaven to a WR who promptly dropped it in the end zone - so I can safely say it's not his receivers making him look good.

Uialeguiei is done. Probably lost his job to true freshman Cade Klubnik, and is too inconsistent to be a guy you invest in at QB. Very careless with the football, pretty much guaranteed to fumble or throw a pick every game. 

I’m pretty certain he’s a transfer portal candidate, but the most he’ll be next draft is a day 3 project QB/dart throw. He’s got mouth watering tools but he can’t use them correctly, someone needs to break him down and rebuild him, starting with his football IQ.

He might want to consider the Logan Thomas path and switch to TE, learn how to block in line, run routes and catch the ball - he’s 6’ 6” 250 with 4.7 speed, so he’s got the size and athletic ability to be a TE. His brother Matayo Uialeguiei is a 5 star DE who plays TE in HS right now, so the athleticism is definitely in the genes…

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I don't even care where we wind up picking I'm already rooting for trades down from both picks. Texans probably need like 11 new starters next offseason in order to be competitive. 

Eh, it’s a slow process. But with 4 1’s, 2 2’s and 2 3’s over the next 4 years. Plus a ton of cap space. Will get there.

Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

With the injuries to Nico, Green and Collins were gonna be in a battle with Detroit for 1-1. And once the Detroit offense gets healthy I think they’ll pull off another 2-3 games. They still have 2 vs the bears, and a game vs the Panthers 

Detroit feels like they should be better than 1-5. I can definitely see them ending the season with 4-5 wins. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

Detroit feels like they should be better than 1-5. I can definitely see them ending the season with 4-5 wins. 

With St Roman and Swift being banged up they’ve struggled on offense. But when they get back with Jamal Williams and Hock at TE, they’ll move the football

On 10/22/2022 at 2:12 PM, ET80 said:

Uialeguiei is done. Probably lost his job to true freshman Cade Klubnik, and is too inconsistent to be a guy you invest in at QB. Very careless with the football, pretty much guaranteed to fumble or throw a pick every game. 

I’m pretty certain he’s a transfer portal candidate, but the most he’ll be next draft is a day 3 project QB/dart throw. He’s got mouth watering tools but he can’t use them correctly, someone needs to break him down and rebuild him, starting with his football IQ.

He might want to consider the Logan Thomas path and switch to TE, learn how to block in line, run routes and catch the ball - he’s 6’ 6” 250 with 4.7 speed, so he’s got the size and athletic ability to be a TE. His brother Matayo Uialeguiei is a 5 star DE who plays TE in HS right now, so the athleticism is definitely in the genes…

High et how is it going 

The Cleveland board for the most part is angry with me.

Thinking about trading my logo in for a charging grizzly bear.

Had a tour that saw 30 wolves in 1 spot

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mtmmike said:

High et how is it going 

Hey buddy! I'm doing well - my birthday was last week and the Texans fired the one person in the organization I couldn't stand, so I'm doing very well as of late.

The Cleveland board for the most part is angry with me.

Thinking about trading my logo in for a charging grizzly bear

That sounds pretty cool for the avvy - notsomuch the Browns board. What happened?

Had a tour that saw 30 wolves in 1 spot

That sounds both awesome and scary, not gonna lie.

14 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Lions O is healthy and they’re stomping the Dolphins so far! 

The Texans are far and away the worst team in the league 

I know everyone is pining for a QB - but we agree, anyone but Will Anderson at 1.1 is a bad pick, right?