Post-Draft 2022 NFL Season Predictions

Bolts223

24 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

There's typically 2-3 teams that drop out of the playoffs from the year prior and are replaced by teams who didn't make it the year before in each conference. My guess on those teams, without getting into seeding, would be:

AFC
In: Ravens, Broncos, Browns
Out: Titans , Patriots, Steelers

NFC
In: Saints, Giants (they have to make the playoffs here at some point, right? Just statistically speaking. It's been forever for them it feels like).
Out: Cardinals, Cowboys (or Eagles)

Unless the Texans or Jags jump them Colts probably take the Titans spot if they miss out.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

NFL.com has all four AFCW teams in the Top 10 Power Rankings released yesterday. Interesting. 

That is interesting. They really do have a legit shot to be the first division ever to have all 4 in the playoffs.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

That is interesting. They really do have a legit shot to be the first division ever to have all 4 in the playoffs.

By the law of averages, and facing the NFCW, one team likely ends up 8-9. But that 8-9 team would still likely be a better football team than all 9-8 and 10-7 teams if that makes any sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I feel like people have been saying the same thing about the NFCW over the past few seasons and that never happened. Unfortunately injuries will happen, players you think will improve will not, and players will regress/underperform. And not to mention the unlucky breaks that will occur in games that a team will lose bc of. So yes the AFCW has every team with potential to make the playoffs but it wouldnt shock me if only two of them just get in. Obviously best case scenerio is three but Im certainly not thinking all four. Im willing to bet there is a greater chance of either a (17-0) or a (0-17) team than all four teams from the AFCW make the playoffs this upcoming season. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

By the law of averages, and facing the NFCW, one team likely ends up 8-9. But that 8-9 team would still likely be a better football team than all 9-8 and 10-7 teams if that makes any sense. 

The NFCW might be significantly worse next year. Cards are a mess right now, the Seahawks no longer have a functioning QB, 9ers were very beatable most of last regular season and it will be Trey Lances first year being 'the guy', could have growing pains. 

That leaves us with the Rams. Theres no real reason to think they will regress outside of possible superbowl hangover or injuries. But that is flimsy at best. 

And yes, I get you with a battle hardened 8-9 team vs a weak 10-7 team. 

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I feel like people have been saying the same thing about the NFCW over the past few seasons and that never happened. 

It literally was impossible to happen before last year. First year for 7 teams per conference. 

Edited by Matts4313

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

NFL.com has all four AFCW teams in the Top 10 Power Rankings released yesterday. Interesting. 

It's hard to argue. You could make a case for every team to win the division.  Broncos might be a slight step behind the other 3 on paper but not by much.

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

It's hard to argue. You could make a case for every team to win the division.  Broncos might be a slight step behind the other 3 on paper but not by much.

Yeah it’s the only division you can make an argument that all four can win the division. 

The only other two divisions in the NFL that you can argue don’t have a bad team at all are AFC North and AFC East. However, we know the Steelers, Jets, and likely the Patriots, are not winning the division. But those three teams are at least average. 

As for the other divisions, Jags and Texans suck in the South, the only two AFC teams that are bad basically, Lions and Bears suck in the NFCN, Panthers and Falcons suck in the NFCS, Giants are horrendous in the NFCE, and the Seahawks suck in the NFCW.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The NFCW might be significantly worse next year. Cards are a mess right now, the Seahawks no longer have a functioning QB, 9ers were very beatable most of last regular season and it will be Trey Lances first year being 'the guy', could have growing pains. 

That leaves us with the Rams. Theres no real reason to think they will regress outside of possible superbowl hangover or injuries. But that is flimsy at best. 

And yes, I get you with a battle hardened 8-9 team vs a weak 10-7 team. 

This is also possible:

The Seahawks appear to have the best roster around their QB that they've had in years - they could win 7-8 games

The Cardinals could easily be a playoff team

The Niners still have one of the best rosters in the league (assuming Deebo stays put)

And we could do the same thing for the AFCW that you did for the NFCW - obviously they could all be good. But also...

The Raiders could regress - having that negative of a point differential with a winning record usually points to a lot of luck - they could be a better team and end up with a losing record if that luck evens out

The Chargers keep specializing in losing games they should win and finish with 9 wins

The loss of Tyreek Hill makes the Chiefs offense completely mortal, and their defense can't keep up facing a more challenging schedule this year

The Broncos OL suddenly resembles the Seahawks old OL, and the WRs don't produce while the defense regresses

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

This is also possible:

The Seahawks appear to have the best roster around their QB that they've had in years - they could win 7-8 games

The Cardinals could easily be a playoff team

The Niners still have one of the best rosters in the league (assuming Deebo stays put)

And we could do the same thing for the AFCW that you did for the NFCW - obviously they could all be good. But also...

The Raiders could regress - having that negative of a point differential with a winning record usually points to a lot of luck - they could be a better team and end up with a losing record if that luck evens out

The Chargers keep specializing in losing games they should win and finish with 9 wins

The loss of Tyreek Hill makes the Chiefs offense completely mortal, and their defense can't keep up facing a more challenging schedule this year

The Broncos OL suddenly resembles the Seahawks old OL, and the WRs don't produce while the defense regresses

I dont agree with this being likely at all. Like not even a little tiny bit possible. The Seahawks basically announced they were tanking when they didnt get Baker.... they have no shot. If the 9ers lose Deebo, I seriously think the win total for the West will be about the same as the East, and people call us a "dumpster fire division".

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont agree with this being likely at all. Like not even a little tiny bit possible. The Seahawks basically announced they were tanking when they didnt get Baker.... they have no shot. If the 9ers lose Deebo, I seriously think the win total for the West will be about the same as the East, and people call us a "dumpster fire division".

The Seahawks even with their current QB are much better than the Giants.

The Cardinals are better than Washington - Wentz doesn't close the gap and while the Cards have had an interesting offseason, they're still a pretty good team.

Niners and Rams better than both Eagles and Cowboys.

I agree that the Seahawks have "no shot" to win the West - but they have a shot to win 7 games.

And I don't think the NFCE is a dumpster fire. They and the AFCW could end up with similar records if Washington is good this year and Hurts takes a step forward.

13 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

The Seahawks even with their current QB are much better than the Giants.

The Cardinals are better than Washington - Wentz doesn't close the gap and while the Cards have had an interesting offseason, they're still a pretty good team.

Niners and Rams better than both Eagles and Cowboys.

I agree that the Seahawks have "no shot" to win the West - but they have a shot to win 7 games.

And I don't think the NFCE is a dumpster fire. They and the AFCW could end up with similar records if Washington is good this year and Hurts takes a step forward.

Going to have to agree to disagree. I see the Giants and Seahawks as both ~5-7 win teams. The Commies beat the Bucs last year and were on pace for like ~9ish-10 wins before we throttled them twice and they lost like 25 players to covid. They could very easily be a 10 win this next year if Wentz doesnt suck. Which is about where I see the cards. Eagles and Cowboys are both looking like they could win 10-12 games. I would say the 9ers are more like a 7-10 win (without deebo and with a new QB) team and you guys are 13ish. 

As I said. It could be close. 

Edited by Matts4313