The Bears Offensive Depth Chart

WindyCity

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Why do you think it’ll be Pringle who loses reps to Jones and not the guy with the league minimum deal and no history of producing in the NFL? Why do you think ESB is the best fit to be our X receiver? Is that solely based upon his size and the Getsy connection? Or is it more reflective of your thoughts on Pringle (whom we’ve discussed at length previously)? Not a dig - just trying to understand the thought process, because I think expecting anything at all out of ESB would be setting myself up for disappointment.

To your point about moving guys around a lot, I agree that’s likely to happen. Not only does the GB offense use a ton of motion (as did KC) but per Rotowire each of Adams/Lazard/Cobb/MVS had 50-60% of their snaps taken from the slot, which to me suggests that the parts of who aligns where will be largely interchangeable. Pringle (who only aligned in the slot 51.2% of the time last year) isn’t a small receiver either at 6’1” 200 lb. 

I was only using specific receiver slots to place each player where I think they fit best but that's also why I followed it up with a statement about guys moving around.

I'm not sure Moore even makes the final cut and also because, yes, ESBs connection and size. Plus I also think ESB is only fit to play X (he wasn't used in the slot too often in GB) and Jones is only fit for the slot (at least for now). Mooney and Pringle are interchangeable and can line up anywhere. I could see Pringle lining up outside in ESBs place while Jones takes snaps in the slot. Now where they all end up after post-snap motion is anyone's guess. That's more dependent on the defensive alignment.

• Like 1

I was a big fan of Pettis coming out of Washington...he will have a chance to stick...hopefully he can show more than he has up to this point...in saying that if we got his rookie production out of him where he played in this scheme that would be a nice addition.

I actually like both the Pettis and Sharpe signings.... Liked both coming out, and while neither have had the career they wanted yet in the league, they come cheap and could use a change of scenery. Nothing long term or all that risky to us.

It's definitely not an all star cast, but it's a decent "moneyball" shotgun approach to the position seeing if we can hit on some value.

Edited by Epyon

15 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I actually like both the Pettis and Sharpe signings.... Liked both coming out, and while neither have had the career they wanted yet in the league, they come cheap and could use a change of scenery. Nothing long term or all that risky to us.

It's definitely not an all star cast, but it's a decent "moneyball" shotgun approach to the position seeing if we can hit on some value.

I agree Poles is throwing everything at the wall right now...Sharpe is in the mould of St. Brown which gives you competition at the X...Mooney plays the Y and Pettis could be a solid backup there and jn the Slot you have Pringle then Velus...if Moore or Newsome stand out that gives you seven...also means you can then cut one of them if someone hits the market you like on cut to 53 day.