2023 2 ROUND MOCK DRAFT (VIA FANSPEAK)

Karnage84

2 Round Sim Draft via FanSpeak (I selected for the Lions as FanSpeak does not allow you to either a) select no teams or b) select all teams)

ROUND 1
1 QB Bryce Young - Atlanta Falcons
2 QB C.J. Stroud - Houston Texans
3 CB Mekhi Garner - New York Giants
4 WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba - Chicago Bears
5 QB Phil Jurkovec - Seattle Seahawks
6 EDGE Will Anderson - Detroit Lions
7 CB Eli Ricks - Jacksonville Jaguars
8 OT Robert Scott Jr. - New York Jets
9 QB Tyler Van Dyke - Carolina Panthers
10 EDGE Myles Murphy - Philadelphia Eagles
11 OT Zion Nelson - Pittsburgh Steelers
12 LB Noah Sewell - Washington Commanders
13 OT Jaxson Kirkland - Philadelphia Eagles
14 CB Joey Porter Jr. - New England Patriots
15 WR Jordan Addison - Houston Texans
16 OT Myles Hinton - Baltimore Ravens
17 CB Kelee Ringo - Indianapolis Colts
18 EDGE Habakkuk Baldonado - Las Vegas Raiders
19 CB Brian Branch - Minnesota Vikings
20 DL Jalen Carter - Miami Dolphins
21 CB Antonio Johnson - Arizona Cardinals
22 EDGE Nolan Smith - Tennessee Titans
23 DL Bryan Bresee - Seattle Seahawks
24 WR Quentin Johnston - Dallas Cowboys
25 TE Michael Mayer - Miami Dolphins
26 WR Kayshon Boutte - LA Chargers
27 G Paris Johnson - Green Bay Packers
28 EDGE B.J. Ojulari - Kansas City Chiefs
29 QB Jake Haener - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
30 DL D.J. Dale - Buffalo Bills
31 G Peter Skoronski - Cincinnati Bengals
32 QB Will Levis - Detroit Lions

ROUND 2
1 LB Jack Campbell - Atlanta Falcons
2 EDGE Jordan Burch - Houston Texans
3 S Jordan Battle - New York Giants
4 S Brandon Joseph - Chicago Bears
5 WR Marvin Mims - Seattle Seahawks
6 WR Jermaine Burton - Detroit Lions
7 WR Rakim Jarrett - Jacksonville Jaguars
8 EDGE Zach Harrison - New York Jets
9 LB DeMarvion Overshown - Carolina Panthers
10 WR Josh Downs - New Orleans Saints
11 TE Sam LaPorta - Pittsburgh Steelers
12 CB Noah Daniels - Washington Commanders
13 LB Mike Jones Jr. - Philadelphia Eagles
14 LB Trenton Simpson - New England Patriots
15 EDGE Robert Beal - Cleveland Browns
16 WR Dontayvion Wicks - Baltimore Ravens
17 OT Blake Freeland - Indianapolis Colts
18 OT Anton Harrison - Las Vegas Raiders
19 WR Ainias Smith - Minnesota Vikings
20 RB Bijan Robinson - Miami Dolphins
21 RB Devon Achane - Arizona Cardinals
22 LB Justin Flowe - Tennessee Titans
23 S Malachi Moore - Seattle Seahawks
24 CB Clark Phillips III - Dallas Cowboys
25 S Jalen Catalon - San Francisco 49ers
26 EDGE Junior Fehoko - LA Chargers
27 WR Zay Flowers - Green Bay Packers
28 CB Karon Prunty - Kansas City Chiefs
29 DL Jaquelin Roy - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
30 OT Walker Parks - Buffalo Bills
31 EDGE Will McDonald IV - Cincinnati Bengals
32 QB Brennan Armstrong - LA Rams

Not sure what to think about this one now after taking Ridder lol.   Do we really go Qb at 1 and not give the man a chance at this point.   I myself think i might trade down for a MASSIVE HAUIL because some team will want Young Big time at 1 and we can still use some good picks for this team.   Maybe trade down to the 4 to 5  range get a ton of picks and take Will Anderson is what i would do.

OT is a very possible first round pick for the Steelers, but TE in the 2nd?   We just drafted Friermuth in rd 2 last year and looks good.

DT, DB, ILB...hell, even another OLineman would be more likely.

5 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Not sure what to think about this one now after taking Ridder lol.   Do we really go Qb at 1 and not give the man a chance at this point.   I myself think i might trade down for a MASSIVE HAUIL because some team will want Young Big time at 1 and we can still use some good picks for this team.   Maybe trade down to the 4 to 5  range get a ton of picks and take Will Anderson is what i would do.

Unless Ridder shows some amazing potential right away, you cant pass up on a blue chip QB prospect if you're picking at 1.  Hell, if the Steelers are picking top 3, Id hope we'd still consider QB despite just drafting Pickett at 20.   I know we likely wouldn't, but the QB class next year is so much better.

7 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

If u don't have a franchise QB and one falls into your lap u take him.

As for the jags I don't think jags go corner unless someone is cut (Griffin)

On 5/2/2022 at 2:27 PM, Karnage84 said:

1 QB Bryce Young - Atlanta Falcons
2 QB C.J. Stroud - Houston Texans
3 CB Mekhi Garner - New York Giants
4 WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba - Chicago Bears
5 QB Phil Jurkovec - Seattle Seahawks
6 EDGE Will Anderson - Detroit Lions
7 CB Eli Ricks - Jacksonville Jaguars
8 OT Robert Scott Jr. - New York Jets
9 QB Tyler Van Dyke - Carolina Panthers
10 EDGE Myles Murphy - Philadelphia Eagles

1) If Atlanta is picking #1 overall, I have to imagine that they would be in the mix for a QB unless they gave Ridder a shot at the end of the year and were happy enough with his performance. If they wanted to move forward with him then either a) trade down or b) Will Anderson would be taken here

2) If the Texans are picking #2 overall, one of the QB's is going to be taken here for sure

3) Giants have already declined Daniel Jones' 5th year option. They're taking a QB at #3

4) Chicago could look to take Jalen Carter here at #4 or trade down for a QB needy team. There's enough teams in this group who will be looking to add a QB where they can stay in the top 10 and acquire a bunch of assets. I don't believe they'd give up on Fields this year even if they do finish in the bottom 5. 

5) Seattle has the ammo to move up and would likely be trading up to #1 overall with Atlanta

6) If the Lions are picking here at #6, it means that Jared Goff has shown to not be "the guy" even as a bridge option. Lions also have draft capital to move up although they could have a tough time with Atlanta, Houston, New York and Seattle all needing QB's. We could see 3-4 go off the board before pick 6. There's a chance they stick at 6 and take one of the elite defensive players and swing on a late 1st QB (or move up into the middle of the 1st). 

7) Jags likely won't move off of Lawrence but drafting in the top 10 (yet again) with a presumed franchise QB is going to be some cause for concern. 

8 ) There was some discussion about the Jets potentially adding an OT to pair with Becton this draft. Continuing to add pieces around Wilson should help. It's a tough division and I don't know if I would consider pick #8 a failure although we'd have to see how the team played with all of the talent added in the 2022 draft. 

9) Panthers absolutely need a franchise QB. They feel like a team that would move up in order to try and land one of the top guys. I don't know if Rhule lasts if the Panthers are picking in the top 10 again. 

10) Not sure if this is the Eagles own pick or from a trade - they're also picking at 13, so either way the Jalen Hurts experiment has not panned out. They'd probably also be looking to find a QB and have assets (two 1sts in top 15) to move up and acquire one. 

FanSpeak?  What is that sir?  Either way how is Mekhi Garner better than Eli Ricks I have no idea?  Granted Eli just got in some legal trouble but hopefully that straightens him out.    

Will Anderson is way too low, dude is the best prospect in the nation but sure QBs are wanted but no way he drops pas 3 and really should go #1 overall.  Van Dyke that high is nuts but sure he impressed a bit last year.  Mayer is WAY to low that guy should and could go top 10.  DJ Dale is not a 1st round pick, now with how he played last year same with Jaxson Kirkland.  Jake Haener 1st round is insane to me as well but whatever.  

And Bijan Robinson that low is absolutely nuts he should be a 1st rounder easily much less Jurkovec that high, sure could happen but not sure it will.  

Also where is Isaiah Foskey that guy is a star and Siaki Ika is easily a 1st round pick, same with Dawand Jones with just a little bit of development.  Tank Bigsby could be in the mix same with DJ Uiagalelei.  Jayden Reed is an option 1st or 2nd round so is Calijah Kancey and Colby Wooden and Jarrett Patterson as well as Spencer Rattler who should bounce back this year.  

Nick Herbig has 2nd round potential as does Carter Warren, Jarvis Brownlee, Brenton Cox Jr and Mohamed Ibrahim possibly Jeremy James as well.  Throw with that Nick Brahms and Jahmyr Gibbs and Paris Johnson along with Cam Jones and Keeanu Benton and potentially Tupuola-Fetui and JL Skinner and probably Richard Jibunor and Nathaniel Dell etc.  

All in all tons of guys missing from that list so that is what a computer gives you I guess.  

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

FanSpeak?  What is that sir?  Either way how is Mekhi Garner better than Eli Ricks I have no idea?  Granted Eli just got in some legal trouble but hopefully that straightens him out.    

Will Anderson is way too low, dude is the best prospect in the nation but sure QBs are wanted but no way he drops pas 3 and really should go #1 overall.  Van Dyke that high is nuts but sure he impressed a bit last year.  Mayer is WAY to low that guy should and could go top 10.  DJ Dale is not a 1st round pick, now with how he played last year same with Jaxson Kirkland.  Jake Haener 1st round is insane to me as well but whatever.  

And Bijan Robinson that low is absolutely nuts he should be a 1st rounder easily much less Jurkovec that high, sure could happen but not sure it will.  

Also where is Isaiah Foskey that guy is a star and Siaki Ika is easily a 1st round pick, same with Dawand Jones with just a little bit of development.  Tank Bigsby could be in the mix same with DJ Uiagalelei.  Jayden Reed is an option 1st or 2nd round so is Calijah Kancey and Colby Wooden and Jarrett Patterson as well as Spencer Rattler who should bounce back this year.  

Nick Herbig has 2nd round potential as does Carter Warren, Jarvis Brownlee, Brenton Cox Jr and Mohamed Ibrahim possibly Jeremy James as well.  Throw with that Nick Brahms and Jahmyr Gibbs and Paris Johnson along with Cam Jones and Keeanu Benton and potentially Tupuola-Fetui and JL Skinner and probably Richard Jibunor and Nathaniel Dell etc.  

All in all tons of guys missing from that list so that is what a computer gives you I guess.  

www.fanspeak.com >>>> a mock drat simulator

You may have missed the point - it's a simulated draft using a 2023 draft simulator where the only input I had was selecting for one team (Detroit) to get a idea of what the simulator would do for 31 of the teams based on their draft board at the time. 

We see guys rise and fall through the draft process all of the time. 

Case in point. BR's Way Too Early 2022 Mock Draft (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2945578-way-too-early-2022-nfl-mock-draft)

1. HOU - Spencer Rattler (Did not declare)

2. DET - Sam Howell (#144)

3. NYJ - Kayvon Thibodeaux (#5)

4. CIN - Evan Neal (#7)

5. JAC - Kyle Hamilton (#14)

6. CAR - Derek Stingley (#3)

7. PHI - Malik Willis (#86)

8. LV - DeMarvin Leal (#84)

9. NYG - Drake Jackson (#61)

10. ATL - Matt Corral (#94)

On 5/2/2022 at 1:27 PM, Karnage84 said:

28 EDGE B.J. Ojulari - Kansas City Chiefs

On 5/2/2022 at 1:27 PM, Karnage84 said:

28 CB Karon Prunty - Kansas City Chiefs

The Chiefs just drafted a CB and DE in the 1st round this year. I doubt we go those two positions again. Although, if Clark isn't retained I could see DE being an early pick. Not CB though.