2023 2 ROUND MOCK DRAFT (VIA FANSPEAK)

Karnage84

13 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The Chiefs just drafted a CB and DE in the 1st round this year. I doubt we go those two positions again. Although, if Clark isn't retained I could see DE being an early pick. Not CB though.

Blame the sim

On 5/2/2022 at 10:41 PM, FalconFan13 said:

Not sure what to think about this one now after taking Ridder lol.   Do we really go Qb at 1 and not give the man a chance at this point.   I myself think i might trade down for a MASSIVE HAUIL because some team will want Young Big time at 1 and we can still use some good picks for this team.   Maybe trade down to the 4 to 5  range get a ton of picks and take Will Anderson is what i would do.

At some point this year, Ridder will likely get extended playing time and you'll get an idea of what you have in him.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

At some point this year, Ridder will likely get extended playing time and you'll get an idea of what you have in him.

For his sake I hope Mariota stays healthy til at least halfway through the season.

Props for doing this, but is Robert Beal going to be able to play as a 4-3 DE?

Cleveland has shown they want massive and strong DE’s (6’4 260+). For example: Myles Garrett, Jadeveon Clowney, Alex Wright, Isaiah Thomas.

Edited by candyman93

1) If Atlanta is picking #1 overall, I have to imagine that they would be in the mix for a QB unless they gave Ridder a shot at the end of the year and were happy enough with his performance. If they wanted to move forward with him then either a) trade down or b) Will Anderson would be taken here

Atlanta picking 1 overall is not a result of "just" bad QB play. The Falcons have issues on both sides of the ball and are literally in a complete rebuild. Mariota is on a 2 year deal and they drafted RIdder, who, will likely be given a little bit of time to develop and work within the current offensive scheme. 

2) If the Texans are picking #2 overall, one of the QB's is going to be taken here for sure

Davis Mills showed a lot of improvement and impressed enough to earn him the starting role for 2022. Houston had every chance with 2 top 20 picks to take a QB if they wanted to do so. But they didn't. It's pretty bad when a team needs descriptions says everywhere. But they traded Deshaun Watson, after his legal issues were no longer criminal, for Davis Mills. 

3) Giants have already declined Daniel Jones' 5th year option. They're taking a QB at #3

Now this pick is dependent on Daniel Jones's play in 2022. He was a huge reach at 6 overall and has not shown any real development in the past 3-4 years. The problem is, are the Giants in a good enough position right now where, they win too many games and play themselves out of the running for Young or Stroud? 

5) Seattle has the ammo to move up and would likely be trading up to #1 overall with Atlanta

Seattle didn't take a QB at all. They seem to have a lot of faith in Drew Lock, and Pete Carroll is committed to running the football. It's why he has a stable of RB's and drafted Kenneth Walker from Michigan State. It's also why they took Charles Cross and Abraham Lucas, two bookend OT's, so they can run the football. 

6) If the Lions are picking here at #6, it means that Jared Goff has shown to not be "the guy" even as a bridge option. Lions also have draft capital to move up although they could have a tough time with Atlanta, Houston, New York and Seattle all needing QB's. We could see 3-4 go off the board before pick 6. There's a chance they stick at 6 and take one of the elite defensive players and swing on a late 1st QB (or move up into the middle of the 1st). 

But they took Malik Willis in the 3rd round, and many had him as a 1st round prospect. (I was not one of them). The Lions are in a complete rebuild and they know that Goff is not their long term solution. Willis will sit for this year, and he will get a full off season to show if he can be an NFL QB. I think defense is their focus right now. 

8 ) There was some discussion about the Jets potentially adding an OT to pair with Becton this draft. Continuing to add pieces around Wilson should help. It's a tough division and I don't know if I would consider pick #8 a failure although we'd have to see how the team played with all of the talent added in the 2022 draft. 

The Jets had every chance to take an OT early in this draft. They had 3 first round picks. What that tells me is, they are satisifed with Becton at LT for this season, AND, they draft Max Mitchell out of Louisiana Lafayette. Max Mitchell could easily slide into the RT position on day 1 moving George Fant to swing tackle. I believe the Jets are not going to be a top 10 pick this season. Mid teens, maybe, I think that the Dolphins and Patriots are in a world of hurt. That's for another day. 

9) Panthers absolutely need a franchise QB. They feel like a team that would move up in order to try and land one of the top guys. I don't know if Rhule lasts if the Panthers are picking in the top 10 again. 

I agree, but the Panthers have to see what they have in Matt Corral. Look for Corral to be starting before long considering Sam Darnold is likely to not impress enough to garner his long term status. 

10) Not sure if this is the Eagles own pick or from a trade - they're also picking at 13, so either way the Jalen Hurts experiment has not panned out. They'd probably also be looking to find a QB and have assets (two 1sts in top 15) to move up and acquire one. 

The only thing I can see the Eagles doing after this season is to use their draft capital, and trade up to get Young or Stroud. Their defense is impressive on paper and their offense looks solid except for QB. But, this team backed into the playoffs last season and, if they do that again, their draft capital is going to get more expensive. 

I know that this 2022 QB draft class was very weak but I also know there are some good players in that class that have potential. I would not write off Ridder, Corral or Willis just yet. I am not even writing of Howell but he will take some time. 

6 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

But they took Malik Willis in the 3rd round, and many had him as a 1st round prospect. (I was not one of them). The Lions are in a complete rebuild and they know that Goff is not their long term solution. Willis will sit for this year, and he will get a full off season to show if he can be an NFL QB. I think defense is their focus right now. 

Um...the Lions didn't draft Malik Willis.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 1:27 PM, Karnage84 said:

28 EDGE B.J. Ojulari - Kansas City Chiefs
28 CB Karon Prunty - Kansas City Chiefs

• Pass rush is always good, but the Chiefs just made a major investment in George Karlaftis. DT to help Chris Jones makes more sense. 
  • If they made an investment in DE, the Chiefs bought the bank at CB--Trent McDuffie in the first round and three more on day #3. LB and S are almost as bad. The team has plouwed a lot of resources into the defense. Consider TE. Kelce is 33 this season. RB is thin after CEH. 

21 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I can't see Minnesota going CB again, especially if Dantzler or Hand take that next step.

I'd go with Jalen Carter here.

Don't know much about the WR.

Blame FanSpeak

On 5/20/2022 at 8:27 PM, onejayhawk said:
  • Pass rush is always good, but the Chiefs just made a major investment in George Karlaftis. DT to help Chris Jones makes more sense. 
  • If they made an investment in DE, the Chiefs bought the bank at CB--Trent McDuffie in the first round and three more on day #3. LB and S are almost as bad. The team has plouwed a lot of resources into the defense. Consider TE. Kelce is 33 this season. RB is thin after CEH. 

Blame FanSpeak

• Like 1