Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

7 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

The win against the Browns looks a little better.  I hope we're not the team Pickett starts against. Need to kick them while they are down. 

Sauce vs Pickens though 

Pitt is very beatable regardless of who’s at QB. And who’s our WB for that matter. Because it’s not a sure thing that Wilson starts for us next week. Although it seems to be trending in that direction.

9 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

The win against the Browns looks a little better.  I hope we're not the team Pickett starts against. Need to kick them while they are down. 

Sauce vs Pickens though 

I would not mind if Pickett is the QB. A rookie in his first game i will take that any day. Just blitz ever play on him and make him panic to throw the ball away fast than he wants. Make the game look super fast for him. Load the box up to stop Harris and Gardner can cover Johnson 1 one 1 no problem in my eyes. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would not mind if Pickett is the QB. A rookie in his first game i will take that any day. Just blitz ever play on him and make him panic to throw the ball away fast than he wants. Make the game look super fast for him. Load the box up to stop Harris and Gardner can cover Johnson 1 one 1 no problem in my eyes. 

Agreed.  This gets back to my disdain for zone coverage.  It seems like the Jets wanted good coverage CB's then they waste them playing zone which causes Ulbrich to drop the LB's into coverage to cover the short field.  Just play man on the receivers and allow the LB's to blitz.  Use Whitehead to cover the S or RB.  Jets 28 -Pitt 0.  I have spoken.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

LOL not with this HC or DC. We wont blitz whatsoever and just play basic rush 4 cover 3.

20 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

LOL not with this HC or DC. We wont blitz whatsoever and just play basic rush 4 cover 3.

I know that is what makes me so mad at this staff. BB would blitz all day on rookies and I really don't think BB lost a game to a rookie who played their first game against the pats. This is just automatic in my eyes is you bliz all day on a rookie who is in their first game. Heck bring out Buddy Ryan D and send all 11.

53 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I know that is what makes me so mad at this staff. BB would blitz all day on rookies and I really don't think BB lost a game to a rookie who played their first game against the pats. This is just automatic in my eyes is you bliz all day on a rookie who is in their first game. Heck bring out Buddy Ryan D and send all 11.

Yeah they basically live and die by the principles of their scheme and that isn't a mark of good coaching at all. Saleh has really left a lot to be desired so far from a coaching stand point especially on his side of the ball. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah they basically live and die by the principles of their scheme and that isn't a mark of good coaching at all. Saleh has really left a lot to be desired so far from a coaching stand point especially on his side of the ball. 

MLF is similar and when his hand is forced you usually see him open things up. That’s why I hate these slow starts, we need to come out looking to punch teams in the mouth. Instead it’s wide zone left, 3 step hitch. 3rd and 6 and then an incompletion. Rinse and repeat.