2023 Draft Talk

swede700

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

PJ looks so tiny!

Well, when you're standing next to a former QB who is 6'5", I imagine most will look tiny.  Fleck is average height for a man, but he was a short WR, which is why he likely didn't stick in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I think Gabriel says dumb things but he's probably right about this. With interior pass rush a pressing need, has Adebawore worked his way to the 23rd pick?

I have considered him a dark-horse pick at 23 after he blew up the combine. He's extremely versatile having logged snaps at 4i/5T and a stand up role. Just wonder if that's now redundant with the Davenport signing?

8 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I have considered him a dark-horse pick at 23 after he blew up the combine. He's extremely versatile having logged snaps at 4i/5T and a stand up role. Just wonder if that's now redundant with the Davenport signing?

Never redundant to have a great pass rush rotation. More like planning for the future since Davenport is only here for 1 year.

5 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I think Gabriel says dumb things but he's probably right about this. With interior pass rush a pressing need, has Adebawore worked his way to the 23rd pick?

I stated this before . . . Everyone's singing Kancey's praises and comparing him to Aaron Donald, when in reality, his college production matches Ade's.   Neither blew up the Shrine or Senior Bowl weeks like Donald did.  Given his  size/reach/seed/strength combo, Ade's way ahead and would be my choice at #23 if none of the high-end CBs are left.  

The Vikings could try trading down and still land him, but if this guy's truly a .96-scale JJ Watt, why wouldn't ya draft him at #23?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Never redundant to have a great pass rush rotation. More like planning for the future since Davenport is only here for 1 year.

True, assuming you'd play him there and not at the 4i/5T spot full time. Nice to be versatile. Could make for some nice pressure packages from Flores. I certainly would not hate the pick at 23.

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

True, assuming you'd play him there and not at the 4i/5T spot full time. Nice to be versatile. Could make for some nice pressure packages from Flores. I certainly would not hate the pick at 23.

the dude certainly is an athletic specimen. the arm length is sooooo nice too.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Great for the U of M!   Part of this is the quality, and quantity, of prospects P.J. Fleck and staff are developing.  

I think another part is building some hometown commradrie.  A final part revolves around college recruitment . . . High school kids see the Vikings showing interest in the Gophers and, Boom!, AT career dreams get wild! . . . It can elevate the level of athlete vying to be on the Gophers team.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Great for the U of M!   Part of this is the quality, and quantity, of prospects P.J. Fleck and staff are developing.  

I think another part is building some hometown commradrie.  A final part revolves around college recruitment . . . High school kids see the Vikings showing interest in the Gophers and, Boom!, AT career dreams get wild! . . . It can elevate the level of athlete vying to be on the Gophers team.  

Yeah, for any college program, if you can put kids into the draft pretty regularly, that will only help recruiting down the road.  And they've been starting to finally do that under Fleck, with 5 in 2020, 2 in 2021 and 4 last year.  I think they'll get at least 2 this year again with JMS and Terell Smith pretty much guaranteed to go fairly early (as in the first 3-4 rds) and chances are that Mo and Howden go late.