2023 Draft Talk

swede700

Just now, SemperFeist said:

High on my list of reasons that I don’t want to see the Vikings draft Hooker is to avoid the endless barrage of these stupid jokes 🤦‍♂️ 

It certainly would be an endless barrage.  I guess it's a good thing I don't listen to the Power Trip. 

I wonder if the NFL will acknowledge Miami’s forfeited pick at 21 in order to keep numbers/pay slots intact? 

I don’t believe we have seen a 1st round pick forfeited since the rookie wage scale was implemented. And I can’t remember how the league has treated the recent forfeiture of day 3 picks. 

I wonder if the NFL will acknowledge Miami’s forfeited pick at 21 in order to keep numbers/pay slots intact?

I would think they would certainly have the right to do so.  I guess the controversy will start with the poll pick today, since the Dolphins are technically #21, although the Chargers will be picking the 21st player.  Of course, knowing the skinflint history of the Chargers organization, it's almost appropriate that they will set the precedent.  😂

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I would think they would certainly have the right to do so.  I guess the controversy will start with the poll pick today, since the Dolphins are technically #21, although the Chargers will be picking the 21st player.  Of course, knowing the skinflint history of the Chargers organization, it's almost appropriate that they will set the precedent.  😂

But how will Goodell announce it on draft night?

Will he announce the Chargers’ pick as the 21st pick in the 2023 NFL draft, or will he announce it as the 22nd pick? 

Will he announce the Chargers’ pick as the 21st pick in the 2023 NFL draft, or will he announce it as the 22nd pick? 

I personally think he'll announce it as the 22nd.  While I don't vividly recall, I think he still indicated that the Patriots forfeited their 1st rd picks due to Spygate and then again due to Deflategate. 

59 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

High on my list of reasons that I don’t want to see the Vikings draft Hooker is to avoid the endless barrage of these stupid jokes 🤦‍♂️ 

Personally, I'm hoping for Ringo for the Beatles references, or Levis for the "put on your big boy pants" and "too big for his britches" jokes...

41 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think he will announce that Miami has forfeited the 21st pick in the 2023 NFL draft. The Chargers are on the clock….

14 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

I think he will announce that Miami has forfeited the 21st pick in the 2023 NFL draft. The Chargers are on the clock….

yes, but how will he announce the pick itself is key to what that player will be paid.

as he always starts out, "with the xxth pick of the draft..............."

28 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Hi guys, be great to have your votes here with Minnesota OTC:

Not really a huge fan of any of the options available, although I voted for Johnston and then Banks.  I think if the board fell that way there, I'm definitely trading down if someone wants to trade up. 

• Like 1