RIP ChicagoAl

CBears019

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I joined FF in 2006 and I turn 40 in a few months, so I’m not so far off from that majority mark. I still had all my hair then lol.

I remember on the old forum if you looked at the web link when looking at someone’s profile it would tell you what member they were to join the site and I was something right around 1000. We got up over 50,000 registered users at one point. @GRRLacher was like member #7. I used to always think Webby was VikeDaddy because he was #2 (Webby was #1). I never found out for sure but was told by GRR back when we were co-mods in here that VD was not Webby.

Those numbers all got updated when the site converted to the current iteration and I lost track of who was who when they started allowing screen name changes.

There are days where this place drives me nuts but reality is I still love posting here and reading along even after 15+ years. 

I think this part was true about VD at one point but then he stepped down. I do remember his title back in day. It was kind of like LBCs position now.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

I think this part was true about VD at one point but then he stepped down. I do remember his title back in day. It was kind of like LBCs position now.

Yeah they had “global mods” back in the day.  I think they got rid of those during the switchover.

8 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I completely forgot about that.  I have read that webby does have a “fan” profile where he can just blend in with the crowd.  I mean, if VD was #2, how could he not be webby?  Or at the very least know him personally?

GRR told me that he figured out who Webby was and helped him to better conceal his identity, but he was pretty adamant that it wasn’t VD. I have to think VD knows Webby personally to be the first non-admin account on the site. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I wasn't close enough to either of them to a point where they would remember me (especially since my old account was....uh...nevermind lol). But it is awesome that Webby was able forward all of their info from the old site. It would also be a matter of whether they still have those email accounts that are associated with their forum accounts too.

I would love to hear from them again. Even if it's just for one post to be sure they are doing alright.

You talking about “justanotherfan,” or did you have another account name?

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

Yeah they had “global mods” back in the day.  I think they got rid of those during the switchover.

Yeah GRR was a global too. They could mod in any forum. I only got to wield my ban hammer in the Bears forum lol. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

GRR told me that he figured out who Webby was and helped him to better conceal his identity, but he was pretty adamant that it wasn’t VD. I have to think VD knows Webby personally to be the first non-admin account on the site. 

Hmm that’s interesting.  It is crazy how easily you can figure out someone’s identity online with very limited information.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Hasn't webby been accused of being a Jag fan and Vike fan? Am I remembering this right?

48 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:
50 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

You talking about “justanotherfan,” or did you have another account name?

I don't talk to talk to cops. I plead the fifth sir.

*Another account*

To be truthfully honest here and all jokes aside, I am "NFCNORTHBEAR" and I was banned.  I have only ever told @Superman(DH23) this via private PM up until now. I've been here since 2007 or 2008.

I know this may come back to haunt me but I'm just being honest here and telling you the full story of how/why I was banned.

When we lost to Packers in the NFCG game in 2011(?) I was so pissed off and it showed thru rage. I called the Packers "fudge packers" in the general forum thread and was warned by a mod. That mod happened to be a Packer fan. That rage ultimately lead me to sending childish PMs to the same Packer mod and spamming "fudge packer". I recognized quickly how immature it was (and even more now since I'm 40 years old now) but I was caught in the moment. I left for a few years and then created this account.

So if I get banned for posting that I was already banned in the past, then so be it, but I was just being honest here. And even though I may still stir a few pots here and there, I love this forum.

Plus, If I do ever get banned then I want all you to remember this. If I've ever got into any heavy dispute with any of you for any reason whatsoever then I want you to know that I do NOT take it too personal and neither should any of you. We may disagree on topics and have different ways of arguing points, but at the end of the day I don't know know any of you from Adam and that's the way I look at it. That's why I can easily forget it and move on so quickly with anyone and I've noticed others are the same way.  I have had strong debates with practically the entire staff, LBC, Suga, and a long list of others but I try not to take it personnel anymore because truth be told..... we could meet in a bar sometime and become the best of friends despite our differences in sports. Who knows...we don't know each other. This is the internet!

The point is, I hope that most of you out there use this example and realize this before passing judgment on other users and act accordingly. I tell my son all of the time, "don't be like me, be better than me".

Anyhow, we are getting way off point here, and I apologize because I feel responsible for bringing it up in the first place.

Let's steer the conversation back to the main point of the thread.

RIP AL . I hope his family is safe and recovering. And if @ForteOz is still around then I hope you show your face once in awhile. Even if it is only once to show us all that you're still alive and well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Lol yeah steveperry got permanently banned iirc.  I always wondered about @GRRLacher, @Jack, and @wiscbearsfan (among others I’m sure).

God, I miss reading those guys post. I never posted myself back then but was registered to the sight (might even had been under another similar name). You could definitely tell that @ChicagoAl was older and I always imagined him watching the games on a floor model TV with rabbit ears, drinking a Schlitz,  and every now and again screaming out his widow at the neighborhood kids tell them to get off of his lawn. RIP big guy.

@JAF-N72EXlol i remember that account and i figured that was the case. I don’t care about that fyi, there’s got to be some statute of limitations on that lol.  I’m pretty sure during the switchover all accounts got transferred over including the banned ones because it was an all or nothing thing.  So essentially, all banned members got a pardon iirc.

• Like 1

I remember ChicagoAl's posts and I remember the red text he'd use to point out what he was responding to.  I figured he was an older guy.  I don't remember the 4TE thing he'd say.  May Chicago Al rest in peace and hopefully watch us kick butt in the next couple years. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I wish you had saved this some place.

It's hard to believe that this site has been around for 15+ years. Especially for those of us who have been around since damn near it's inception.

I do to sometimes, but it was two computers and two hard drives ago. 

I also wonder what happen to some of the older members from way back when.