Around the NFL: (2022 Edition)

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

TJ is our best LB every TC. He's still going to be the same slow stiff athlete that he's been since he got here, no matter how great he looks in practice. How these dudes look in TC really means nothing. If it did, then we have the best LB core in the NFL, since Nakobe Dean is the only one not impressing against our stud QB's. Trust me, gonna be a different story once actual games start.

TJ played really well last season and was underrated in zone coverage.

I don’t have to trust you. I can formulate opinions for myself.

Have no clue how good this young LB corp can be this year, but I can say without a doubt this is the most young talent/depth we’ve had in a long time and I’m excited about the group.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

TJ played really well last season and was underrated in zone coverage.

I don’t have to trust you. I can formulate opinions for myself.

Have no clue how good this young LB corp can be this year, but I can say without a doubt this is the most young talent/depth we’ve had in a long time and I’m excited about the group.

no he didn't
The reason half of us were cool with Devin Lloyd in round 1 until we found out he was 24 was because TJ was not good. None of our LB's were.

Edited by Jeezla

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What drugs did you take when watching our games?

Bath salts? Salvia? Spice? Tell me.

The same games that people who know what they are looking at were watching. Questioning how closely you actually watched our games.

Dude was almost always doing what he should’ve been. Probably one of the best young LBs in the league in zone coverage. Not gonna stick him over an elite TE and expect him to cover them in man, but who cares. He’s great at filling versus the run too.

TIER 6: YOUNG ASCENDING

13. JEREMIAH OWUSU-KORAMOAH, CLEVELAND BROWNS
14. ROQUAN SMITH, CHICAGO BEARS
15. NICK BOLTON, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
16. JORDYN BROOKS, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
17. DAVID LONG, TENNESSEE TITANS
18. T.J. EDWARDS, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
19. COLE HOLCOMB, WASHINGTON COMMANDERS
20. AZEEZ AL-SHAAIR, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
21. LOGAN WILSON, CINCINNATI BENGALS

For all the young players' struggles, there are a lot of promising linebackers who have the talent to become elite players at this level. We have already seen that play from Smith in Chicago, but the decline of the defense around him — and perhaps more importantly directly in front of him — has led to a decline in his play. His PFF run-defense grade over the last two seasons has been in the 30s, and last season’s 47.1 overall grade was the worst of his NFL career.

Edwards has shown that as much as linebacker is one of the most athletic-traits-driven positions in football, prospects with marginal physical tools can still become solid NFL starters. Those tools caused Edwards to go undrafted despite an excellent college career, and he had to fight his way into a starting job by excelling in the preseason and on special teams. He is a fantastic story of earning a job the hard way.

Wilson showed in the playoffs that he could finally have answered a real problem area for the Cincinnati Bengals, showing up with multiple excellent PFF game grades and making plays in coverage.

This was from PFF’s top LBs heading into this season.

50 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The same games that people who know what they are looking at were watching. Questioning how closely you actually watched our games.

Just admit you don't actually have your own opinions anymore. I guarantee you pooped on Edwards in the GDT's, then revisionist history to whatever Honest NFL tells you to think once you've forgotten what you actually saw with your own two eyes. Trent Edwards makes one wrong move and he's toast in coverage. He has to be perfect to not be a liability, because he's so stiff and has no recovery ability. I bet all of his "good" games came against bad QB's. He's Paul Worrilow on Atlanta before we signed what remained of him. He's a good run defender, I can't take that away from him, but he sure as hell ain't underrated in zone coverage or any coverage. Good QB's can easily manipulate him into getting burnt.

Edited by Jeezla

26 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Just admit you don't actually have your own opinions anymore. I guarantee you pooped on Edwards in the GDT's, then revisionist history to whatever Honest NFL tells you to think once you've forgotten what you actually saw with your own two eyes. Trent Edwards makes one wrong move and he's toast in coverage. He has to be perfect to not be a liability, because he's so stiff and has no recovery ability. I bet all of his "good" games came against bad QB's. He's Paul Worrilow on Atlanta before we signed what remained of him. He's a good run defender, I can't take that away from him, but he sure as hell ain't underrated in zone coverage or any coverage. Good QB's can easily manipulate him into getting burnt.

You are wrong and that’s okay. As for the first part…. Nah.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Like telling me TJ Edwards isn’t good in zone coverage just tells me you don’t know what you’re talking about and I can disregard your opinion. Dude has been playing well in zone since his Wisconsin days lol.

Must have been in man 99% of the time

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nah you just gotta get your eyes checked or try and pay attention better. Adderall is a good choice if you have ADD.

uh huh. Dude played "really well", but couldn't make the pro bowl, despite playing for a playoff team in a huge market at a time when there are less stud LB's actively playing then I can ever remember. All of us fans as a collective whole missed something that HonestNFL, and now VicariousTRM, saw through superior scouting vision.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, Danger said:

If there's anyone I'd like to look into trading for right now, it's Jessie Bates, but the price still needs to be right.

Get Bates and Hunt. Bates gonna want bank though. Kareem will want a good amount for a RB, but it will still be a lot less than w/e Bates ends up signing for. Rightfully so, but still- That impending Bates contract is gonna be expensive for whoever does get him long term.