Bears 2022 Sched leaked/released

malagabears

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I disagree. A 2-6 start won't surprise anyone.  I don't think the majority of fans and media expect us to be very competitive this year anyhow. Most of us understand what this year is truly about and it's not wins or loses.  It's more about where Fields is at in progression...how good is this staff.....can guys like Mooney/Kmet/Jaylon take it the next level.....are Borom/Jenkins long term answers......how the roster looks at the end of the year so the FO have a better idea of where the holes are at and how to fix them.

This is a trial period that all teams going thru during the 1st year of a rebuild.  Coming away with a winning season or even 8-9 would only be icing.

I agree that it is expected.  But it is different feeling when losing is actually happening.

1: 49ers
2: at GB SNF
3: Texans
4: at NYG
5: at Vikings
6: Commanders TNF (Oct 13)
7: at Patriots MNF
8: at Cowboys (Oct 30)
9: Dolphins
10: Lions
11: at Falcons
12: at Jets
13: Packers (Dec 4)
14: BYE
15: Eagles
16: Bills (Xmas Eve)
17: at Lions
18: Vikings

Yep, 8-9 unless we steal one week 17 or 18.

I dunno... I could see this offense and defense finding itself around week 9 and getting hot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

This minus the Dolphins game. Tua is questionable but the rest of the roster is pretty legit.

Yea, thats a pretty big issue. Same with the Commanders, Wentz is a pretty big issue. And if the defense is better than decent, they could really take advantage of that

So it seems most talking heads and paid writers are looking at schedule and saying there is a W and there is a L.   Bears will be 5-12 and that is the show or the article. 

Zzzzzzzzzz.   How about some actual analysis and reasoning?  Do we have to do everything?  

Week 1 49ers

Biggest question is who is playing QB?  Jimmy G is still there and clearly best win now option.

However, with what 49ers gave up to get Trey Lance you have to play him this year.  I don't see a choice.   If he is awful maybe he gets hook or they split time, but you have to give him the keys for awhile to justify your trade.    You can argue sunk cost all you want, but it doesn't change that Trey has to play now.

I am going on assumption Trey is playing.

What makes 49ers scary? 

The running game.  They have a great O line.  They have Kittle.  They have an athletic QB.  They have Deebo and good RBs.

On defense they have Nick Bosa and Armstead and Miller, but rest isn't looking that scary as a group.

What happened last year?

Fields started against SF last year and game was following a blow out to Bucs. 

Chicago had a lead in 3rd 16-15 and they were down 1 in 4th at 22-23 before ultimately giving up another 10 unanswered points and losing 33-22.

Fields was 19-27 for 175 yds with a TD and Pick and was sacked 4 times.   He ran 10 times for another 103 yards and a TD.  

Monty was out and Herbert ran 23 times for 72 yards and had 2 catches for -2 yards.    

Fields spread out the throws, but Mooney led with 6 catches for for 64 yards.

Conversely, Mitchell for 9ers ran 18 times for 137 yards and a TD.   Deebo had 6 catches for 171 yards.   

This was game where Fields had that insane highlight run.   Watch Peters at :19 destroy Fred Warner.   You can see it in replay at 1:15.  Should have been a flag, though I hate that rule.    Warner laid on ground flat for awhile.   I missed that in excitement of actual moment.

What's different this year?

Biggest for SF  is Trey Lance will be the QB rather than Jimmy.  Is that good or bad for SF?  Who knows?  We will see.   Trey didn't get as much PT as Fields, but he is with same coaches again running same stuff he was learning last year.  I think sight unseen you have to count it as plus for Bears with the inexperienced QB rather than the veteran.

49ers didn't have an exciting offseason other than Deebo saying he was unhappy.  Their draft didn't have any sexy names in it either.  No noteworthy FAs.  Basically they are running it back with the same squad plus Trey Lance.

For Bears they won't have Peters, Mack, Hicks, Robinson, Nichols, Ogletree, Gipson or Daniels. 

But Mack, Jackson and Monty did not play last year.   Jackson and Monty will be back for this one.

Bears are adding to OL Jenkins and Patrick and probably another player to be named to Whitehair and Borom.  OL

Vildor and Shelley were not good in this game giving up 95 and 98 yards respectively.  LBs not named Roquan Smith were struggling in coverage as well.

We add Gordon, Brisker and Young for Vildor, Shelley and Gipson on paper that looks like a huge difference for Bears and they can't perform much worse than latter guys did last year in this game.

Young should as least be healthy for game 1 you would think.   

At WR we won't have ARob, but Arob did very little in this match up last year.  Who is replacing ARob is not known as of this writing, but whoever that is will have had a plethora ("tell me Pepe what is a plethora?") of meaningful reps in camp and preseason with Justin Fields and that means something.

In Conclusion

Bosa and Deebo are major match up problems for Bears and anyone really.  

But I like Fields to play a lot better in game 1 at home with a full offseason under his belt.  Lance on other hand may struggle.  

The Bears defensive secondary is massively improved on paper if rookies live up to talent and Young can stay healthy.

Blackson, Jones and Tonga are underrated run defenders and Roquan will enjoy the extra protection from blockers he wasn't getting last year allowing him to exhibit more of his playmaking ability.

I think adding a healthy Jenkins to starting lineup will help the Bears OL.    I think replacing Mustipher with Patrick cannot be overstated.   I think Borom really had some good games last year and that is something to build on.  

Bears lack star power, but they lacked it last year and were in this game until the end.  I think the 2022 Bears in game 1 are better than the battered 2021 Bears of last years game.

I don't think the 2022 49ers are much better than they are and maybe are worse until Lance gets some reps.    I like the Bears in the upset at home in this one.

Edited by dll2000

I'll be honest fellas, I jave a real hard time seeing less than 9 wins on that schedule, 10 or 11 doesn't seem crazy to me either.  I have us starting 3-2, 4-4 after NE, 8-4 going into Dec.  It seems crazy to me b/c it's hard to see this as a playoff team until you realize how bad the NFC is, at least on paper, and I don't see many games on the schedule where the other team has the better QB.  I have a hard time believing it myself, but 8-4 going into the last month of the season, and then every game in DEC is at home. this team may be on a different timetable than we think.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

So it seems most talking heads and paid writers are looking at schedule and saying there is a W and there is a L.   Bears will be 5-12 and that is the show or the article. 

How each team played last year has no bearing on this year whatsoever.  New regime, new system and a lot of new faces. The same way you say 'Lance is new and the Bears can take advantage of it'....the same could be said about fields playing in his first game in a new system.

It's also sounds like your suggesting the Bears got better while the 49ers didn't.  Fans make this mistake all the time.

When you look at the staff, rosters, depth, and group matchup comparisons (i.,e SF WR/TE vs Bears back 7) the Bears are completely over-matched.

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'll be honest fellas, I jave a real hard time seeing less than 9 wins on that schedule, 10 or 11 doesn't seem crazy to me either.  I have us starting 3-2, 4-4 after NE, 8-4 going into Dec.  It seems crazy to me b/c it's hard to see this as a playoff team until you realize how bad the NFC is, at least on paper, and I don't see many games on the schedule where the other team has the better QB.  I have a hard time believing it myself, but 8-4 going into the last month of the season, and then every game in DEC is at home. this team may be on a different timetable than we think.

Respectfully, I don’t see this at all. As bad as the NFC may look most of these teams still have better rosters than the Bears have. Not only that there has been significant roster turn over so our players have yet to develop any chemistry together. Couple that with the fact that we have a completely new coaching staff, new systems on both sides of the ball and are not even sure who our starters are going to be, I cannot for the life of me understand the rationale behind believing we will win 10 to 11 games this year. I hope I’m wrong but this does not seem reasonable.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

How each team played last year has no bearing on this year whatsoever.  New regime, new system and a lot of new faces. The same way you say 'Lance is new and the Bears can take advantage of it'....the same could be said about fields playing in his first game in a new system.

It's also sounds like your suggesting the Bears got better while the 49ers didn't.  Fans make this mistake all the time.

When you look at the staff, rosters, depth, and group matchup comparisons (i.,e SF WR/TE vs Bears back 7) the Bears are completely over-matched.

No every year is different of course.  But it is not 100% different.   Bosa and Debo are still likely to be quite good for example.  You can project players to do a little better in second year even though it isn’t always true in either case.

When you are looking at an opening match up you have to start somewhere because you don’t have a week one or two to look at.  So you look at additions and subtractions and where they might be on week one.   You look at how they played each other last year.  

I think SF is better team, but they may not match up well with Bears in week 1  

I am taking Bears in an upset.  

Edited by dll2000

4 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Respectfully, I don’t see this at all. As bad as the NFC may look most of these teams still have better rosters than the Bears have. Not only that there has been significant roster turn over so our players have yet to develop any chemistry together. Couple that with the fact that we have a completely new coaching staff, new systems on both sides of the ball and are not even sure who our starters are going to be, I cannot for the life of me understand the rationale behind believing we will win 10 to 11 games this year. I hope I’m wrong but this does not seem reasonable.

The rationale for me is really simple.  We have the better QB.  Look at the schedule, how many games do you see where the Bears don't have the better QB.  And honestly for all the talk about the personnel losses what did the Bears really.lose from last year?  They lost an edge who played in 7 games, and has routinely missed time since 2018.  A DT who has contributed 8 sacks in the last 3 years.  Even without those 2 key contributors we still had one of the best pass rushes in the league.  The guys who really made that so, are still here.  Replacing the PRODUCTION of those guys on defense is not.going to be difficult.  On the offensive side of the ball, the key loss everyone is noting is a WR who caught 38 balls for 410 yards.  Again the PRODUCTION is not difficult to replace.  Let's be real about last season, any offensive success was bc of Fields, Montgomery, and Mooney.  Fields, Montgomery, and Mooney are still here.  As for the OL is there any reason to believe the OL will not be better than last year?  Just getting a professional center and pushing Mustipher out is an improvement.  We don't know what's happening at RG, but most of is expect that will be Thomas, but we'll see.  Finally just having a cohesive vision for this team with the system being about what the players do well is going to make a world of difference.  My biggest issue w/Nagy is that he was about his system.  The players didn't matter the system did.  It was the Matt Nagy vanity project and had been since 2019.  We can only take the coaches at their word, but it sounds like they believe their job is to put the players in the best position to win and the system has to fit the players, not the players fitting the system.  Ultimately none of us really know what's going to happen this season, but you look at that schedule and you tell me which team, outside of Buffalo the Bears can't match up against.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The rationale for me is really simple.  We have the better QB.  Look at the schedule, how many games do you see where the Bears don't have the better QB.  And honestly for all the talk about the personnel losses what did the Bears really.lose from last year?  They lost an edge who played in 7 games, and has routinely missed time since 2018.  A DT who has contributed 8 sacks in the last 3 years.  Even without those 2 key contributors we still had one of the best pass rushes in the league.  The guys who really made that so, are still here.  Replacing the PRODUCTION of those guys on defense is not.going to be difficult.  On the offensive side of the ball, the key loss everyone is noting is a WR who caught 38 balls for 410 yards.  Again the PRODUCTION is not difficult to replace.  Let's be real about last season, any offensive success was bc of Fields, Montgomery, and Mooney.  Fields, Montgomery, and Mooney are still here.  As for the OL is there any reason to believe the OL will not be better than last year?  Just getting a professional center and pushing Mustipher out is an improvement.  We don't know what's happening at RG, but most of is expect that will be Thomas, but we'll see.  Finally just having a cohesive vision for this team with the system being about what the players do well is going to make a world of difference.  My biggest issue w/Nagy is that he was about his system.  The players didn't matter the system did.  It was the Matt Nagy vanity project and had been since 2019.  We can only take the coaches at their word, but it sounds like they believe their job is to put the players in the best position to win and the system has to fit the players, not the players fitting the system.  Ultimately none of us really know what's going to happen this season, but you look at that schedule and you tell me which team, outside of Buffalo the Bears can't match up against.  

All of this is good in theory, but it's just that...theory. We don't know that we have a better QB. We hope we do. None of the improvements that you mentioned are great leaps beyond what we had last year. Furthermore, other teams in the league have made improvements and got better, many of which have made significantly bigger strides than we have. Of all of the 10 or 11 teams that you speculate we will beat how many of them had worse drafts or off seasons then us? How many have a worse roster than us? If you are being honest, I think you will find that number to be pretty low. I'm okay with the direction that we seem to be heading but I am under no illusion that we are better than we are.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

All of this is good in theory, but it's just that...theory. We don't know that we have a better QB. We hope we do. None of the improvements that you mentioned are great leaps beyond what we had last year. Furthermore, other teams in the league have made improvements and got better, many of which have made significantly bigger strides than we have. Of all of the 10 or 11 teams that you speculate we will beat how many of them had worse drafts or off seasons then us? How many have a worse roster than us? If you are being honest, I think you will find that number to be pretty low. I'm okay with the direction that we seem to be heading but I am under no illusion that we are better than we are.

We don't know anything.  It's all projection.  We don't know who Jada a better draft and won't for years.  We don't know who has the better roster.  Who did I project wins against that that does?  There is one team on the schedule that has a better roster top to bottom, and that's the Bills. Everybody else has just as many holes as the Bears do.  It gets.talked about all the time, the difference between 1 and 32 isn't that great.  That's why it's any given Sunday in the NFL.  It's new territory for us, but we have to used to the idea that we are going to win games sometimes this year simply bc our QB is better than theirs.  That's not just my opinion.  Try the exercise.  Go thru the NFC starting QBs, how many would you take over Fields right now?  How many 2 years from now?

10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

We don't know anything.  It's all projection.  We don't know who Jada a better draft and won't for years.  We don't know who has the better roster.  Who did I project wins against that that does?  There is one team on the schedule that has a better roster top to bottom, and that's the Bills. Everybody else has just as many holes as the Bears do.  It gets.talked about all the time, the difference between 1 and 32 isn't that great.  That's why it's any given Sunday in the NFL.  It's new territory for us, but we have to used to the idea that we are going to win games sometimes this year simply bc our QB is better than theirs.  That's not just my opinion.  Try the exercise.  Go thru the NFC starting QBs, how many would you take over Fields right now?  How many 2 years from now?

You are talking about two completely different things here. We are talking about this season. Not what we view what will happen next season and beyond. I also disagree with your premise that all of these rosters are basically equal. That's nonsense. When you look at the amount of blue chip players on this roster as opposed to other rosters in the NFC there is no question that we are below average in talent. I'm not even sure how you can debate this. When you are looking at impact players on the Bears vs the rest of the league we are behind the curve. From what we have seen from Fields in comparison to other QBs in the division we are behind the curve. Fields has more upside but for next year, which is what we are discussing and as opposed to who would we rather have, we are not there yet. And it's okay to say that and still be a fan. It doesn't mean that I don't believe in the team or the process but I can see the situation for what it is. I do not see our roster coupled with learning a new system on both sides of the ball being better than 10 or 11 other teams on that schedule. I would love to revisit this come seasons end. I hope that I am wrong.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You may not be wrong, but a lot of things have to break together for this to happen. 

8 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

1 team on the schedule top to bottom that has a better roster than the Bears? That's just laughable

Eagles, Packers, Dolphins, Niners and Cowboys all have better players. It's not even close

It usually comes down to which team is the healthiest and depth.

This team severely lacks depth. Save for a few positions, one injury will be a major step down and effect the teams overall performance.

I'll say this.....If this team wins 9-11 games this year then this staff is legit as hell and all of them need deserve an extension next year.

• Like 2