SNF - Patriots vs Broncos

Webmaster

3 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Cooks is a bad teammate. Just about to win in a blowout and he's getting all mad at a lineman for not going all out on a block on a crappy screen. Just get down and take the W.

Chuckled when he did that and Fleming just walked past him without helping him up. 

WHich is weird because I've heard from someone that he wasn't like that at all in college. He's been super cool the times i've interacted with him too but he seems to have changed in the NFL.

6 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

WHich is weird because I've heard from someone that he wasn't like that at all in college. He's been super cool the times i've interacted with him too but he seems to have changed in the NFL.

I’m well aware. He was one of favorite prospects ever coming out. Great talent, literally zero injury history and exceptional character.

Wiffed on the 3rd one. He’s not a bad guy by any means, seems like a very smart and kind person. But he is not a good teammate I don’t think. He comes off like a big diva, which never showed at college at all.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

I’m well aware. He was one of favorite prospects ever coming out. Great talent, literally zero injury history and exceptional character.

Wiffed on the 3rd one. He’s not a bad guy by any means, seems like a very smart and kind person. But he is not a good teammate I don’t think. He comes off like a big diva, which never showed at college at all.

Makes me appreciate Colston so much more.

When I was in highschool my senior year, my PE12 class went to Pitt to tour the workout facilities and stuff.

It was there that I saw the San Francisco 49ers scouting Dion Lewis as a Kick Returner. He was getting hype around the league as a scat back.

7 years later and I'm watching him return a kick for a touchdown. Pretty cool, man. Pretty cool.

3 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Hasn’t really shown an inkling of that in NE - a place that I would assume spreads the ball more than past Saints offenses had.

18 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Hasn’t really shown an inkling of that in NE - a place that I would assume spreads the ball more than past Saints offenses had.

The whole reason I brought it up was because Cooks threw his arms up in the air in frustration on like the 2nd to last play of the game last night when a Fleming  didn’t lay it all out on a block for him. 

15 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

The whole reason I brought it up was because Cooks threw his arms up in the air in frustration on like the 2nd to last play of the game last night when a Fleming  didn’t lay it all out on a block for him. 

Do you expect offensive linemen to stop trying during blowouts? 

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Do you expect offensive linemen to stop trying during blowouts? 

Stop trying? Nope. But I also don’t expect them to go 100% on a garbage time screen when they’re winning by 3 scores. Protect those knees!

Cooks just comes off as a try hard. Good for him, I’m sure coaches love it.

But I bet his teammates don’t really like getting called out with 17 seconds to play when they’ve put up 40-something points and are winning by a handful of scores.

Maybe just go down and take the W with a smile on your face? Same reason he got outed here, he complained after we put up 50 on the Rams without getting him the ball once.

3 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Stop trying? Nope. But I also don’t expect them to go 100% on a garbage time screen when they’re winning by 3 scores. Protect those knees!

Cooks just comes off as a try hard. Good for him, I’m sure coaches love it.

But I bet his teammates don’t really like getting called out with 17 seconds to play when they’ve put up 40-something points and are winning by a handful of scores.

Maybe just go down and take the W with a smile on your face? Same reason he got outed here, he complained after we put up 50 on the Rams without getting him the ball once.

Well yeah, I have vague (albeit unspecific) memories of that coming out last season, which is why I brought up earlier that that hasn’t been an issue despite being in an offense that he won’t feature in. 

But I don’t think expecting your linemen not to be lazy when a play is called is something you can really paint negatively. When coaches opt to run plays instead of kneeing the ball to end the game, I don’t recall seeing linemen give up on blocks or running backs take a knee in the backfield. Up field when they’re about to absorb a bunch of contact, sure, but not before. 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

But I don’t think expecting your linemen not to be lazy when a play is called is something you can really paint negatively.

I think we’ve all worked with tryhards and brown-nosers. It’s great for your company and bosses, but they’re not always great “teammates”

Thats all I was saying. Fleming wants that 3 score victory and his knees fully operational after the game, Cooks wants them stats.

Archived