The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

There’s no way we can take Jalen Carter. Even before the racing incident, there were serious allegations regarding his behavior and character. That would be worse in Vegas where you need to be a focused professional. It’s why Mark Davis hired the Patriots staff due to their culture building and he wouldn’t fit here.

In my opinion, he won’t be as good as a professional that he was in college and could flame out the league in 5 years

I honestly hope the Texans take young, I want zero part of a trade up, even if young is a good prospect, the cost + his size are enough for me to be out on him. Besides, if he’s available at 3, there’s a chance the colts would move 1 spot for him. Arizona only moves back 1 spot and gets an extra pick or 2.

I can definitely see the Raiders being out on Richardson, but not because Richardson is a bad prospect. McD’s scheme is pretty one dimensional and values IQ and Accuracy and Timing. He tried to adjust it for a mobile QB in Cam and it was a disaster. I still hope I’m wrong and we trade up to 3 for Richardson. If we get Bryce I’d be great with that too. He’s small and would need a fantastic backup for injury purposes… but Bryce could be everything Murray was suppose to be and better. Much smarter than Murray and way more accurate. Murray has the better arm but Bryce’s arm is good enough, especially in the 25 yard range, he throws fastballs. His deep ball leaves a lot to be desired, but it’s not bad. 

My hope would be Young could be the Curry of the NFL. Small sized but Houdini magic with the play extension and razor sharp IQ as well to finish plays. 

Invest in a good backup cause Bryce probably misses an average of 3 games a year (sometimes 0, sometimes 6, will all depend) with his frame l. And probably plays banged up another 3-4 games as well. Just keep him healthy for the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

There’s no way we can take Jalen Carter. Even before the racing incident, there were serious allegations regarding his behavior and character. That would be worse in Vegas where you need to be a focused professional. It’s why Mark Davis hired the Patriots staff due to their culture building and he wouldn’t fit here.

In my opinion, he won’t be as good as a professional that he was in college and could flame out the league in 5 years

I’m with you… it’s just too much with Carter.  Your drafting him at 7 to be one of like 3 leaders on the field and off (not necessarily as a rookie)… I have no faith in that.  There are other options, he ain’t the only show in town.

I don’t care what reports come out, I still think 85% Texans pick Young. You don’t get a chance often to pick a QB and they literally have no one at the position. 

BUT.. just in case Texans select Richardson or Anderson, here’s some Bryce Young hype train:

All the analytic sites love this dude. If he was 6’2” and 215lbs and not 5’10” 185lbs (would be second shortest starter, 1/2 inch ahead of Murray), many say he’s Burrow/Lawrence caliber prospect. 

His play extension is the best I have ever seen. Haven’t seen him in the NFL obviously though. And he’s smart as hell.  Wish the arm was better, but it’s a good arm. Wish the size was better. But I’ll gamble on any of the Top 3 QB’s in this class without hesitation. Levis, even if he fell 38, hard no. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

More and more smoke coming from Texans about passing on a QB. Imagine if Stroud or Young reach #3

They not passing on QB I don't care what nobody say, they have been building nicely, they have a ton of picks to keep adding players. You have a top 2 pick you take the shot on finding a franchise QB. They could even do it again next year with all the picks they have next year too. You can't go wrong being in position to take Young or Stroud.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

They not passing on QB I don't care what nobody say, they have been building nicely, they have a ton of picks to keep adding players. You have a top 2 pick you take the shot on finding a franchise QB. They could even do it again next year with all the picks they have next year too. You can't go wrong being in position to take Young or Stroud.

Fully agree. If Texans really want an edge rusher, they can take Van Ness or Nolan Smith at 12. You don’t get a shot to select a QB in the Top 3 very often. All the Will Anderson stuff is smoke. 

• Like 1