1) CJ Stroud

2) Anthony Richardson

3) Bryce Young

Off my board the first 2 Rounds: Will Levis

What it could look like draft day:

1) Back to Bryce Young

2) Anthony Richardson

3) CJ Stroud

I’m starting to really warm up on Bryce again. The only reason Stroud is #1 is because he’s the safest if we’re being real. His ceiling is the 8-10 range for QB’s if we’re being honest. Still a great pick and great asset… but still a Premium Carr, Prescott, Goff. 

Richardson and Young both have such homerun potential. 

You might as well call these QB’s 1a 1b 1c for me. I’m completely torn on all of them. They are all wildly different, but all close as prospects imo. They have wildly different pros and cons, pick your flavor basically. I would be happy with any of the three. Just keep me away from Levis. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Wonder if they'd consider making Mills available if they go QB? I'd love to have the guy behind Jimmy for a year of we forego QB. Seems like he's just stuck in a bad situation for advancement. 

I’d love to trade for Mills if he’s available. I imagine it wouldn’t cost that much.  Cheap contract for a few years.  You can put him in if/when Jimmy G gets hurt and still have a chance to win.  
I’d much rather look to capitalize on a trade for a rookie deal QB (Mills, Corral, etc) for a mid round pick then spend a 2nd on Hooker or a 4/5th on whoever else is out there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’d love to trade for Mills if he’s available. I imagine it wouldn’t cost that much.  Cheap contract for a few years.  You can put him in if/when Jimmy G gets hurt and still have a chance to win.  
I’d much rather look to capitalize on a trade for a rookie deal QB (Mills, Corral, etc) for a mid round pick then spend a 2nd on Hooker or a 4/5th on whoever else is out there.

Mills is hot garbage. Decent backup QB you can throw in there a few games, but he should not be a starting option for anyone. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

In January

1) Bryce Young

2) CJ Stroud

3) Anthony Richardson

4) Will Levis

I liked all four. 

February: 

1) CJ Stroud

2) Bryce Young

3) Anthony Richardson

4) Will Levis

March/April:

1) CJ Stroud

2) Anthony Richardson

3) Bryce Young

Off my board the first 2 Rounds: Will Levis

What it could look like draft day:

1) Back to Bryce Young

2) Anthony Richardson

3) CJ Stroud

I’m starting to really warm up on Bryce again. The only reason Stroud is #1 is because he’s the safest if we’re being real. His ceiling is the 8-10 range for QB’s if we’re being honest. Still a great pick and great asset… but still a Premium Carr, Prescott, Goff. 

Richardson and Young both have such homerun potential. 

You might as well call these QB’s 1a 1b 1c for me. I’m completely torn on all of them. They are all wildly different, but all close as prospects imo. They have wildly different pros and cons, pick your flavor basically. I would be happy with any of the three. Just keep me away from Levis. 

I have a bad feeling that Levis will be the pick

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mills is hot garbage. Decent backup QB you can throw in there a few games, but he should not be a starting option for anyone. 

I said I wouldn’t mind trading for Mills to be our backup…. So idk what your talking about, since you even said “you said he’s a decent backup who you can throw in there (for) a few games”.  That’s exactly what we could need from him if Jimmy G has his annual injuries.

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

I have a bad feeling that Levis will be the pick

Please no. He is Kyle Boller reincarnated. Great arm. Good athlete who can move. Processes on the field really slowly. Panics over every little thing. His mental makeup will make him bust. 

11 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Mills would be one of the better QB2 in the league, with potential to be more. He has been on a team that has been tanking, a lame duck coach, and lack of talent. He was set up to fail. 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Please no. He is Kyle Boller reincarnated. Great arm. Good athlete who can move. Processes on the field really slowly. Panics over every little thing. His mental makeup will make him bust. 

Josh did the same thing in NE with Mac Jones.

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

Josh did the same thing in NE with Mac Jones.

I’ve been a huge Mac Jones critic but he’s a way better prospect than Will Levis. Mac is actually a smart QB, tough, and pretty accurate. Mac’s problem is his arm is extremely underwhelming which is why I never thought he’d be anything more than a Low Level starter in the 22-32 range. Arm strength matters and he just doesn’t have it. But Mac’s pocket presence is absolutely phenomenal. 

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Go watch the latest Tape Don’t Lie episode. Breakdowns of Richardson and Levis - positives and flaws. Just watch out for the part when they detail why they think McD will want Levis.

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That's the point. 

We need better backups than....Brian Hoyer and Chase Garbers. 

I don't know what Mills' ultimate ceiling is, but it's probably higher than we've seen. Starter level? Who knows. If Richardson can be seen as a starter with all of his flaws though, I see no reason Mills couldn't improve to the point of being at least a high value backup that "could start for a few teams" a'la Matt Moore, Case Keenum for a while, etc. 

That's an extremely valuable asset to have. I'd rather have a cheap young backup that *might* just be able to keep a good season from going totally off the rails in the event of your starter missing a handful of games. Mills may top out at the 24th best QB in the league- that's still a heck of a lot better than 90% of the league could say about their backup....and some starters in that case lol. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

That's the point. 

We need better backups than....Brian Hoyer and Chase Garbers. 

I don't know what Mills' ultimate ceiling is, but it's probably higher than we've seen. Starter level? Who knows. If Richardson can be seen as a starter with all of his flaws though, I see no reason Mills couldn't improve to the point of being at least a high value backup that "could start for a few teams" a'la Matt Moore, Case Keenum for a while, etc. 

That's an extremely valuable asset to have. I'd rather have a cheap young backup that *might* just be able to keep a good season from going totally off the rails in the event of your starter missing a handful of games. Mills may top out at the 24th best QB in the league- that's still a heck of a lot better than 90% of the league could say about their backup....and some starters in that case lol. 

That’s my exact thoughts!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

If I was Houston I would go Will Anderson and then Myles Murphy/Lukas Van Ness.... that would be one of the best 1-2 edge pass rush. Adding Rankins to be that DT, Christian Harris to anchor the LBs, and have Stingley/Pitre anchoring the DBs..Then you have solid vets around the young core in Jimmie Ward, Desmond King, Perryman, Maliek Collins. Suddenly that defense is talented. 

They’ve already done that. They had both Clowney and Watt on the same line. They need a QB there’s no way they pass on one at all. 

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

Go watch the latest Tape Don’t Lie episode. Breakdowns of Richardson and Levis - positives and flaws. Just watch out for the part when they detail why they think McD will want Levis.

For tape I’d rather watch a non team specific podcast, usually team specific podcasts are not the greatest at analyzing things. Give me someone who loves and is obsessed with the draft, and their channel is mostly draft content. 

• Like 1