The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, raidr4life said:

We would most likely trade down if Richardson is on the board and we don't want to take him.

I would hope for this. Let someone else get that train wreck who can't accurately throw a football. Another year or people overrating a QB who can't play QB but can run fast. Happens every year.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Peter will be the pick, I can smell it in the air.Β 

The one pick I’d hate. I don’t like Richardson but I’d at least understand it. If you want a OG, get one in the 3rd.Β 
Β 

Wilson, Gonzalez, Murphy for me at 7.Β 

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Albert Breer said that the Raiders really like Peter and Witherspoon. One guy will get picked at 6… Hello darkness my old friendΒ 

Why don't you want CB? Both are very, very good prospects and at a major position of need.

34 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I want a #1 CB that would solidify the secondary except for 3rd safety spot

I just hate drafting CBs so early. If we were still playing ball in the 80s and running power I formations, I'd be 10000% on board but these days, w/ so many offensive sets running 3-4 WRs, getting a guy who only covers 25% of the available receivers, and isn't much of a factor in the ground game, just doesnt' do it for me at 7. I would like a guy who is more impactful on more plays. I understand my philosophy on CBs isn't exactly popular but I feel logic is there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I just hate drafting CBs so early. If we were still playing ball in the 80s and running power I formations, I'd be 10000% on board but these days, w/ so many offensive sets running 3-4 WRs, getting a guy who only covers 25% of the available receivers, and isn't much of a factor in the ground game, just doesnt' do it for me at 7. I would like a guy who is more impactful on more plays. I understand my philosophy on CBs isn't exactly popular but I feel logic is there.

Ehhh not sure I can totally get behind this take much. Both Gonzalez and Spoon are very nice tackling CBs. I think they both hold up extremely well vs. the run (Just look how good Hobbs is at tackling and what an enormous impact that has had for us). Not to mention we have lacked any sort of playmaking ability/generating turnovers from our CBs for ages. A turnover generator at CB would make those enormously impactful plays you are looking for. Not to mention finally having good coverage at CB would help Maxx and co largely.

We can't keep ignoring the need at CB ino. We swung and missed on Hayden and Arnette, but the big 2 CBs this year are >>>>>.

I hope we can land a QB/Carter/Anderson but if they are gone I am 100% down for CB at 7 personally.

• Like 1