The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

I get that everyone would be disappointed with Skoronski. I would too given the absurd lack of talent on our defense and the lack of any kind of investment on that side of the ball by this FO. Plus the fact they have been preaching build through the draft and alluding to that being the way we improve the D.

All I’ll say on Skoronski is that if we agree that he’s the absolute worst pick at 7 (barring something outrageous) he’ll still probably be the best early first round pick since Mack…..

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I just hate drafting CBs so early. If we were still playing ball in the 80s and running power I formations, I'd be 10000% on board but these days, w/ so many offensive sets running 3-4 WRs, getting a guy who only covers 25% of the available receivers, and isn't much of a factor in the ground game, just doesnt' do it for me at 7. I would like a guy who is more impactful on more plays. I understand my philosophy on CBs isn't exactly popular but I feel logic is there.

Again the depth at Edge is strong and there are guys in the 2nd round who are going to end up better than some of the 1st round guys, so if I can get a potential all pro CB and still get a demon pass rusher in the 2nd that's the smartest route. Taking a pass rusher then being left with mediocre CB's that will need more time to develop is less appealing and the pass rusher who ever it is most likely will be platooning with Chandler Jones anyway.

• Like 1

Who tf picks a guard at 7? Like what conservative team ever wins a title doing that ****. You can get a quality starting guard in the third round. Guard is actually the ONLY position where you can always find a good starter in the third round. Drafting a guard in the Top 25 picks is cringe and laughable. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, reddevil said:

I get that everyone would be disappointed with Skoronski. I would too given the absurd lack of talent on our defense and the lack of any kind of investment on that side of the ball by this FO. Plus the fact they have been preaching build through the draft and alluding to that being the way we improve the D.

All I’ll say on Skoronski is that if we agree that he’s the absolute worst pick at 7 (barring something outrageous) he’ll still probably be the best early first round pick since Mack…..

He will be good but there a players rated higher than him that we have serious need will be there on top of we got a starting Guard just last year on day 2 so you should be confident you can do it again

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s funny, I’m sure everyone will fall for the media PR cleanup saying we will use him at RT. He’s not gonna last at RT. He will be a guard by mid season. 

Nobody going to fall for that BS this year.

Just now, raidr4life said:

Nobody going to fall for that BS this year.

You’d be surprised man. I already see it coming. “Raiders plan to use Skoronski as RT!” Fans: “Oh that’s not too bad then!”. *Facepalm*. That’s just Team PR cleaning things up. His career will be guard, even if they use him at RT his first season. 

16 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

And that isn’t saying much, they go skoronski and everyone here will definitely be ticked. And I’d be one of them. Only offensive position that should be in play at 7 is qb......the end!! 

I know. That’s why I said it. Pretty sad indictment that if he was picked he would be the one pick the majority of posters here would hate the most and yet would be one of our best first round picks of the past decade… 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

The only time this forum is ever united is when we make a dreadful 1st Round Pick. We will all be closer on April 28th. 

I’ll never forget the Leatherwood pick. It was such a long running joke on here. Weeks before the draft. And when they actually picked him….

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reddevil said:

I’ll never forget the Leatherwood pick. It was such a long running joke on here. Weeks before the draft. And when they actually picked him….

I was saying anyone but Leatherwood as a JOKE for a week. I gave this franchise too much credit. 

• Like 1

We need to nail this draft. 4 picks in the first 3 rounds should equal 4 new starters, and one cornerstone. 4 starters out of 22 is almost 1/4 of the starting unit for the team.  I'm cynical towards this year, but hopefully it can change after we kill the draft. 

Edited by Humble_Beast