Commanders Mini-Camp

turtle28

Dotson looks good going against a Jack Del Rio Defense, with the CBs playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage :P I was hoping he would get fired and we could have a real coordinator that leverages the strength of player personnel. 

21 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Just to play devil’s advocate, we have a lot of reason for excitement at the skill positions and Wentz should be better than anyone we’ve had since Cousins (and before him, rookie RGIII or even Brad Johnson). All of that is great. 

But while I have a lot of faith in John Matsko as an OL coach, on recent history at least, the unit of Leno | Norwell | Roullier | Turner | Cosmi is not exactly a world-beating group on paper. And that’s if they stay intact and fully healthy, which Roullier is not currently, though you do have to like the duo of Lucas and Schweitzer as your swing guys/top reserves, so that makes you feel a bit better about the depth.

But Carson Wentz is a guy who needs to feel secure behind his OL. He needs time and space to throw down the field, and he really benefits from having a solid run game. Is that the OL to provide all that? Boy I hope so, I’ll say that — it would be fun to watch the offense moving up and down the field again.

One of the reasons I'm very positive, in Wentz having success here bball is because of our ability to pass block. I don't think we have a great run block unit. Ok...but not great.

But I think our pass block ability is top 10 in football & I believe the stats support that.

It's also why I believe Wentz struggled a little bit in Indianapolis.

Pundits will tell you that the Colts line is great.

But in actuality? It's their Run game that's great. Maybe even top 5 or close.

But their pass blocking kinda sucks.

I believe that contributed to Wentz not getting comfortable in their Offense the 1 yr he was there. Plus missing time with COVID & possibly other setbacks.

With our pass blocking & weapons on Offense, I really believe Wentz can flourish.

His big arm & our WR speed will open up a rather stagnant run game, that would otherwise be average at best.

Thus, making us dangerous all around on Offense.

If we can stay relatively healthy, this team can win 11 games.

Specially with a schedule that favors us.

• Like 1

Warren Sapp was at Commanders minicamp. He’s close with assistant defensive line coach Jeff Zgonina, who invited him to hang out and work with the D-line. Sapp also played two years with GM Martin Mayhew in Tampa (1995-96).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

He should be more than ready ! --- for the Tour De France  !

Oh no!!!!! thoughts of a bust just creeped back into my mind but yes you would have thought he would fully recovered by now. He was already on my list of players who are definitely players to watch going forward anyway.

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Fans can attend via "Lottery System" Does Washington still have fans that value you them at the level? No Playoff Wins since a Legend in Sean Taylor and no Superbowls since a Legend in Joe Gibbs. Really😒