Commanders Mini-Camp

turtle28

The way people are talking about Samuel in this form no one is gonna want him. It's obvious in y'all minds he can't stay healthy, so why would anyone want him? While with Carolina he didn't have this nagging injury history. IMO he's getting dragged for no reason at this point. Now if he can't hit the field during the season than the criticism will be deserved. Yes last season was a disappoment, but before today's news he was doing everything right to get back to his Carolina self. 

3 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Yes last season was a disappoment, but before today's news he was doing everything right to get back to his Carolina self. 

And then today's news happened. If you don't want to have pause over it fine. I am. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCNative said:

Ok and we've seen RB's fall off when getting too many touches. Is that the reason for his injury now? 

258 carries and 300 touches is not and has never been close to the threshold where overuse immediately starts to take its toll on a RB. It’s always possible, but…I’m very doubtful that it’s anything significant with him. I’d have been much more concerned if they indicated he had the toe issue acting up again.

It seems far-fetched, bordering on impossible, that you wouldn’t understand why people are hyper-sensitive to news of Samuel missing practice time, after the way last year went. Being told he’s making progress, seeing him come back briefly, then hearing about a setback and watching him disappear to the sidelines for weeks again. That was the pattern starting last June, and seeing him go back out due to “tightness” only a couple days into OTAs is a little jarring to say the least. 

Hopefully it’s just a matter of being overly cautious or giving a little extra rest to a guy whose body might need a little more TLC than others. I remain more bullish on him than most of our fans, I think, because Dotson’s emergence would allow Curtis to play where he belongs, as a versatile gadget guy instead of a full-time Z receiver. But until we see him actually suiting up and making it through a few games with no injury issues, everyone is going to be paranoid and on high alert with him. 

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

258 carries and 300 touches is not and has never been close to the threshold where overuse immediately starts to take its toll on a RB. It’s always possible, but…I’m very doubtful that it’s anything significant with him. I’d have been much more concerned if they indicated he had the toe issue acting up again.

It seems far-fetched, bordering on impossible, that you wouldn’t understand why people are hyper-sensitive to news of Samuel missing practice time, after the way last year went. Being told he’s making progress, seeing him come back briefly, then hearing about a setback and watching him disappear to the sidelines for weeks again. That was the pattern starting last June, and seeing him go back out due to “tightness” only a couple days into OTAs is a little jarring to say the least. 

Hopefully it’s just a matter of being overly cautious or giving a little extra rest to a guy whose body might need a little more TLC than others. I remain more bullish on him than most of our fans, I think, because Dotson’s emergence would allow Curtis to play where he belongs, as a versatile gadget guy instead of a full-time Z receiver. But until we see him actually suiting up and making it through a few games with no injury issues, everyone is going to be paranoid and on high alert with him. 

Cool but I also don't just ignore the reports about Samuel returning to his old form, even taking carries out the backfield before news broke about this injury today. 

So while you can be high on Gibson, don't forget his fumbling issue and this injury that he's dealing with that kept Samuel out last season. If your gonna be concerned about Samuel be concerned about Gibson as well. Or at least I would be. 

1 hour ago, DCNative said:

The way people are talking about Samuel in this form no one is gonna want him. It's obvious in y'all minds he can't stay healthy, so why would anyone want him? While with Carolina he didn't have this nagging injury history. IMO he's getting dragged for no reason at this point. Now if he can't hit the field during the season than the criticism will be deserved. Yes last season was a disappoment, but before today's news he was doing everything right to get back to his Carolina self. 

Curtis Samuel has never started 16 games in his entire NFL career. 

2 hours ago, DCNative said:

Ok. 

I mean, come on man. You keep asking for reasonings and I’m giving you one. My guess is if Samuel has a lingering hamstring injury throughout this season he’s gone going into next. He should’ve had surgery. 

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Curtis Samuel has never started 16 games in his entire NFL career. 

That’s a bit of a deceiving post. He played in 16 games & started 15 games in 2019. In 2020 he played in 15 games. A lot of players miss games here & there. In back to back straight seasons Curtis Samuel nearly played in 32 games straight.

If he had just torn an ACL/or tore another ligament or broke a bone last year & missed the whole season everyone would be looking forward to his return & expecting big things.  But since his injury was a muscle injury people are questioning if he can play.

Please help me understand this?

Edited by turtle28

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, come on man. You keep asking for reasonings and I’m giving you one. My guess is if Samuel has a lingering hamstring injury throughout this season he’s gone going into next. He should’ve had surgery. 

He should’ve had surgery, he didn’t now he’s recovered and healthy. He’s healthy now and has looked great in the off-season.

Will he remain healthy? Who knows? On any day at anytime anyone can get injured or die.

Edited by turtle28